Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures and Stuff from Today's Nissan Event!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone who saw the car give me their best guess as to how much room (if any) is between the rear strut brace and the back of the seats? Thanks.
Old 06-14-2002, 04:23 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great picture. . .Thanks. Your bag is even larger than mine. I should have no problem (hopefully). I think I am just space challenged, I had a hard time getting my clubs into my 4Runner Wednesday. Oh well. Nice shot at pebble, by the way!
Old 06-14-2002, 04:55 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the great pics Seedy- and the MPG too!!! Totally made my day...and its only 9AM!

Jeff- I totally cracked up when I saw that pic of the clubs! Mystery solved, nice job!

Ethan
Old 06-14-2002, 06:21 PM
SeedyRom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TCL
SeedyRom, you said you could answer more questions now. How about lateral G's and braking distances? If you can't give actual numbers can you say whether those stats will be better than those of the Z32?

Another question for anyone who sat in the car and is around 6 feet tall. What is the view like from the driver's seat - specifically, how much of the hood is visible from a normal driving position?
As JmanZ said, there's no hard numbers that can be given yet...especially since they'd be changing soon since last I heard from two sources there's a tweak or two in the suspension on the horizon. However, I can give you a very educated guess that the lateral G's and braking distances WILL be better than the Z32. In fact, I can almost guarantee it based on what I've seen first hand. When they said this was to be the fastest Z yet, they really did mean it.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:34 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Seedy-

on the Mpg it sounds like someone (you?) said:

"It's funny, it doesn't sound like last week....?"

Not sure if you can answer this or not, but I guess I'll ask anyway- do you know what the person who said that (you?) meant by that...

Thanks!

Ethan
Old 06-14-2002, 06:59 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Seedy..

Thanks for getting my fat a** in some of your shots! I need to go to a gym!!! Know what you mean about the drive..came up from Burbank ...1hr 15 with all the traffic...it was sure worth the effort..Thanks for all the great shots

Last edited by AudioPat; 06-14-2002 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:35 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by ethan84ae
Seedy-

on the Mpg it sounds like someone (you?) said:

"It's funny, it doesn't sound like last week....?"

Not sure if you can answer this or not, but I guess I'll ask anyway- do you know what the person who said that (you?) meant by that...

Thanks!

Ethan
I got several videos with sound of them revving the engine. After those are posted I'm sure they'll help clarify the sound.

The sound is unlike any other car I've ever heard, sort of exotic. Not loud like a cheap aftermarket exhaust, but definitely quite loud for a stock exhaust. When you hear the engine, you can tell it means business.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:00 PM
MaximumHP

That exhaust note brings a tear to my eye. I can't wait to get control of it. Many will hear.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:06 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by exsilio
awesome scaf! thanks for the pic.

I have been concerned about storage, but that pic has finally allayed my fears.

Wait, what button?

The storage better than I expected. I've got video of it where I'm kinda walking around to get different angles.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:08 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by ebs350z
That exhaust note brings a tear to my eye. I can't wait to get control of it. Many will hear.
The sound of the exhaust is much more serious than the Z's competitors. It isn't a no-muffler NASCAR, but IMHO it is definitely more pronounced than the Boxster, S2000, etc.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:36 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Can anyone who saw the car give me their best guess as to how much room (if any) is between the rear strut brace and the back of the seats? Thanks.
Probably about a foot. If a golf bag weren't too long, you could put it there. If Scaframon had taken the driver's out of his it probably would have fit.

I've got some video of the trunk from different angles, so I'm sure that will be on this site in the near future.

I thought the storage space was quite good. Better than I was expecting. Most people there echoed my sentiment.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:40 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by VQracer
These videos must be very good if they need this much editing. Oh I can't wait. Please hurry, must go to work, but I'm sitting here.
Well, the problem is my HD crashed and I had to do a reinstall, so all my cool video toys aren't loaded. All I had was XP's Movie Maker, which captures as a .WMV at 320x240, so JmanZ is fixing them up.
Plus my wife talks a lot, and I said stupid things like "sweet" about every 10 seconds. I couldn't help myself and didn't even realize I was doing it until I looked at the video. It was a natural reaction, because the car in person is so SWEET!
Old 06-14-2002, 08:55 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BrianZ
...I said stupid things like "sweet" about every 10 seconds. I couldn't help myself and didn't even realize I was doing it until I looked at the video. It was a natural reaction, because the car in person is so SWEET!
Yes, but is it SUPER SWEET?

Old 06-14-2002, 09:07 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by droidekaus

Yes, but is it SUPER SWEET?

Yes.

Quick Reply: Pictures and Stuff from Today's Nissan Event!