Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pictures and Stuff from Today's Nissan Event!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 07:16 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pictures and Stuff from Today's Nissan Event!

I just got back from the little get together. I didn't take many pictures this time, but not to worry - some other my350zer's were there shooting bunches of pics and videos.

I met Brian and Kenneth (or Kevin...damn...I am bad with names)and also my good friend John Harris of Group Z, along with a couple of (renaming nameless) Nissan Employees.

I will post one pic, the one I promised to take today.

I was kind of rushed today, but I think Brian and Kenneth were going to hang around longer. Hopefully the cars were still there after dusk, we'll get to see some interior light shots and what-not. If they did hang out, it may be awhile before they get a chance to get home, and post pics and reviews.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures and Stuff from Today's Nissan Event!-p6130001.jpg  

Last edited by Scafremon; 06-14-2002 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:18 AM
pekkle
Charter Member #20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wahoooooo!! that picture deserves a pulitzer. nice shot jeff!
Old 06-14-2002, 07:19 AM
atl123

Great to see a golf bag finally in the trunk! Any chance of getting 2 in there? Would it have fit if you didn't put it under the strut tower brace?
Old 06-14-2002, 07:24 AM
Zay

Now that's the Money Shot!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 07:29 AM
Scafremon

Before doing this experiment, I was almost positive we could get one bag in, but I wouldn't have thought you could fit two in. But now, I think you can. You'd have to remove the woods from the bags. Then, you could lay down one bag on the front side of the brace, and the other on the rear of the brace. Then lay the woods down on top.

I didn't get to try this however, but I think it will work, especially if you really wanted it to. The picture I posted doesn't show the area in front of the brace, but it is about the size of a bag.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:30 AM
dvlad

Thanks Scafreman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the way you've been gathering info on the car, your like Magnum P.I. for the Z.

Now i know i can put my soccer bag in the back.(golf is for wussies )
Old 06-14-2002, 07:48 AM
rep15

Thank you for the shots of your golf clubs in the hatchback. I appreciate the effort on your part.

[dvlad knows not what he says. Ah the joys of humiliation on the links....]

Last edited by rep15; 06-14-2002 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:37 AM
BrianZ

I too have tons of video and pictures from today. There were about 6 of us my350zers there.

I tried to get pictures of all the little things people were asking questions about. I think most of us were on the same track there, so you'll probably see a multitude of stuff very shortly.

Plus we all sat in the cars and asked lots of questions.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Todd

Post post post!
Old 06-14-2002, 08:41 AM
BrianZ

Default Re: Pictures and Stuff from Today's Nissan Event!

Originally posted by Scafremon
I just got back from the little get together. I didn't take many pictures this time, but not to worry - some other my350zer's were there shooting bunches of pics and videos.

I met Brian and Kenneth, and also my good friend John Harris of Group Z, along with a couple of (renaming nameless) Nissan Employees.

I will post one pic, the one I promised to take today.

I was kind of rushed today, but I think Brian and Kenneth were going to hang around longer. Hopefully the cars were still there after dusk, we'll get to see some interior light shots and what-not. If they did hang out, it may be awhile before they get a chance to get home, and post pics and reviews.
We hung out, but the blue Track model left and the Silver one was locked up.

One of the most interesting things I've seen in a while is when Scafremon marches up, golf bag in hand, and proceeds to give an actual trunk space test.

Old 06-14-2002, 09:00 AM
BrianZ

Hey Scaframon: is your mailbox full?
Old 06-14-2002, 09:05 AM
a_p

So I cruised over to the Fuddrucker's in Buena Park to see two beautiful 350Zs... a Touring Chrome Silver and a Track Daytona Blue.

Before I forget, I wrote down the VIN on both cars so that we can get quotes for auto insurance... (Am I allowed to post the VINs on the web?).

Second, I took some pics on 35mm, and they'll be ready by 10am PST, so I'll scan them in on 6/14 in the AM.

Third, if my language is incoherent, I apologize, I'm still so excited. I was so pumped to get my 350Z that I drove 90-95mph down the highway in my '95 Maxima on the way home..

I'll try to cover areas which haven't been discussed already. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Touring w/leather, navi
This car had the Navi, which is amazing. It has a feature which tracks engine maintenance, transmission maintenance, etc. The seats were very comfortable, and when I sat in this machine my mind went blank, I was a kid in a candy warehouse. Human speech was no longer coherent to me. ok, anyway, the seats were very comfortable, (I'm 5'10", 165lbs), and I felt like one with the machine. The gear shift does have a clicky feel, and the short throw is amazing. 5th/6th gears are pretty far out to the right, and Reverse requires pushing down. As for the passenger side, there is NO glove compartment in front, where it appears to have a handle to open the glove box, is only a cup holder which comes straight out at you. Yes, when the doors are opened, the window rolls down a couple of inches. I can't remember seeing a good picture of the close up 18" rims (non-rays), so I took a picture of the rims with 18" Bridgestone Potenzas... Let's see if it comes out to tomorrow.

Daytona Blue w/ Track with cloth seats, standard audio
First off, I noticed the Brembo brakes, which are painted the color of the LeMan's sunset. (I imagined that they would be more of a yellow color, and less of the copper color). The carbon cloth seats were very comfortable, I just melted into the car like I did in the leather seats. If you recall, the models with leather seats have seat warmers which are controlled by two buttons in the center console (and a dummy button that Exsilio compulses over). However this cloth seat model just has a square plastic piece covering that area where the heated seat switches would be. I also took a picture, so hopefully it came out. Behind the driver's seat is a DVD/Navi system where DVDs are inserted. In this model with standard 160W audio, there is NO subwoofer behind the drivers seat. I counted two tweeters and two mid-range speakrs in the front door, and 2 speakers behind the seats. The system sounded pretty good for stock.

I asked the guy who was displaying the car the question that I never had answered... "Where the hell is this tire pressure gauge/monitor?" (ok so I asked a little more politely but less coherently) He said that on the first circular display is the LCD screen which shows mileage, etc. By pressing the buttons on the outer edges of the main instrument panel, the LCD screen scrolls to display the numerical value for the front tires, and when scrolled to the next screen, will display the numerical pressures of the rear tires. He made it very clear that the tire pressure is displayed as a numerical value which appears when the car is going >10mph, and NOT just a warning light.

Hope you guys found my info to be informative, I will follow-up with pictures tomorrow. Or a VIN if I'm allowed.

counting the days,
Anil
Newport Beach, CA
Old 06-14-2002, 09:05 AM
Scafremon

Yes...lol

Sorry. I got a notice that it was full, and just deleted some (there were only five there).

Please send again
Old 06-14-2002, 09:10 AM
kevintari

Good seeing you guys there!

What a geat event...I can't believe I spent an hour poking at the car...

Hey Scafremon--Kenenth was close, but I'm Kevin (good to see I made a strong impression )...

Funny, before today, I was ready to buy the car in a second and had to convince my girlfriend to get as jazzed as I was...now she's telling everyone about the "awesome car we saw" that we're buying...!

Last edited by kevintari; 06-14-2002 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-14-2002, 09:28 AM
bighamz

Technically speaking, VIN's are readily visible from all vehicles. Thus, posting them should be of no concern... and would be GREATLY appreciated!

Originally posted by a_p
Before I forget, I wrote down the VIN on both cars so that we can get quotes for auto insurance... (Am I allowed to post the VINs on the web?).
Old 06-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by kevintari
Good seeing you guys there!

Hey Scafremon--Kenenth was close, but I'm Kevin (good to see I made a strong impression )...

I don't know where I got Kenneth from...... unless you were trying to trick me

Quick Reply: Pictures and Stuff from Today's Nissan Event!