Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Chicago Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002 | 03:08 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Default Chicago Clear Bra

My Z is coming VERY soon.....want to protect ASAP. Any installers to recommend? Want to use 3M.

NEED recommendations! HELP!
Old 10-26-2002 | 03:38 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Damn Bruce, I thought you were going to let me know where to find girls in Chicago wearing clear bras!

Seriously, I emailed Xpel a while back and got these names:

Protech
Jim Stangohr
3 Bernard Court
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
847-502-7003

Body-Skins Inc.
Rick Anstadt
Mobile Service
South Elgin, IL 60177
847-530-8443

I haven't called either of them yet, but I'm still thinking about having it done. Let me know if you find anything out.
Old 10-26-2002 | 07:10 PM
Redline350Z

I'm about two weeks from delivery too. Maybe we can get a group rate from one of these guys if a couple of us get it done at roughly the same time? Just a thought.
Old 10-27-2002 | 06:32 PM
flyzmd80

Call: Protech
Jim Stangohr
3 Bernard Court
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
847-502-7003

He did my Xpell last month. Came right to my house and did a fantastic job. It was his first Z and he took extra time to make it right. 900 bucks included all areas covered including headlights. Tell him Bob from Batavia sent you.

Bob Z
Old 10-27-2002 | 07:11 PM
Driven

$900 sounds like a lot? I bought my 3-M precuts from Jeremy off this site for $275 before he had to pull the great price...but even so, I was under the impression that the install at a reputable place was running people around $175-200? I'd be up for trying to get one of these guys to give us a group discount...line em all up for the same day and talk to each other about other mod plans...but want to get pricing feedback to know what a good deal really is. I'll email Jeremy to get some additional install info., if any of you want to discuss this idea with any of these guys in Chicago...keep me in mind.

PS. I'd prefer the further north, the better since I'm between Madison and Milwaukee myself.
Old 10-27-2002 | 07:18 PM
flyzmd80

Originally posted by Driven
$900 sounds like a lot? I bought my 3-M precuts from Jeremy off this site for $275 before he had to pull the great price...but even so, I was under the impression that the install at a reputable place was running people around $175-200? I'd be up for trying to get one of these guys to give us a group discount...line em all up for the same day and talk to each other about other mod plans...but want to get pricing feedback to know what a good deal really is. I'll email Jeremy to get some additional install info., if any of you want to discuss this idea with any of these guys in Chicago...keep me in mind.

PS. I'd prefer the further north, the better since I'm between Madison and Milwaukee myself.
Jim showed up at 11 AM and finished at 4 PM. he took extra time to get it right. I think I got my money's worth considering the labor involved and his commitment to get it perfect.

Bob Z
Old 10-27-2002 | 08:00 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Thanks for the feedback.

I've got to check out:

S + S Auto
Elmhurst, Il
630-617-3958

I kind of like to deal with a Business with a BUILDING.

But, Hey, It's the quality that counts!

Frank, have you checked out:

http://www.loverslane.com/index.htm

There's one out your way on Algonquin Road............
Old 10-27-2002 | 08:22 PM
Driven

As you guys check out pricing in the area...would you mind throwing what you find regarding quotes back on here? Complete installs and materials.....and complete installs only?

Thanks much.
Old 10-28-2002 | 03:22 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Hey Bruce,

I actually stopped by S+S right after I got my Z. The don't install directly to the consumer, only to dealers.

There is a Lovers Lane right near my house.
Old 11-14-2002 | 03:51 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Bob Z,

Got my Z, dealer never followed through with their installer, & I want an experienced Z installer......sooooooo, are you still happy with your install? I need to get it before the salt fly's!
Old 11-14-2002 | 05:58 AM
flyzmd80

Originally posted by EnthuZ
Bob Z,

Got my Z, dealer never followed through with their installer, & I want an experienced Z installer......sooooooo, are you still happy with your install? I need to get it before the salt fly's!
Well it was Jim's first Z but he has a lot of experience. Yes I'm happy with the job he did. He spent extra time to get it right and it shows. I even forget it's there myself and no one I've shown the car to has noticed it. If I look close there are one or two flaws but none are as noticeable as a chip in the paint.

Bob Z
Old 11-14-2002 | 01:38 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Thanks for the reply Bob.

I called Jim this morning, got a GREAT price, and he is ordering me a kit tomorrow, should be installed early next week. I'm getting the whole 9 yards, including headlight protection & door handle protection.

If anyone else is ready, give Jim a call, as he's cutting deals.

Redline, when is your Z coming........you've waited even longer than me

As to the high price, check out the X-Pel web site for the cost of the kits alone. $650.00 for the kits only, without installation.

Damn, life is good....Z is here, Bra on it's way, V1 arrived today, and I found the SI Swim Suit issue with the Z's.

I even got to use the wipers today

Shoot, forgot to try the washers.........

Last edited by EnthuZ; 11-14-2002 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2002 | 08:00 PM
Redline350Z

Finally picked her up late Friday (11/08)! I would have come back here and posted that night, but my DSL connection was down all week.

I drove her to the Bears game on Sunday, and got lots of positive comments from the people around me in the parking lot. A state trooper who was sitting in the median on I-55 pulled out behind me... I thought I was screwed. Turns out he just wanted to have a look.

On Tuesday I took her to see my insurance agent (he's had 4 240Z's and a 280Z over the years). He liked the 350Z so much he's very seriously considering getting one now... can't say I blame him!

So, I guess the next "warm" weekend we have, there will be a few more of us ready to cruise. Woohoo!

Z ya guys...
Old 11-15-2002 | 10:06 PM
krinkov

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Driven
[B]$900 sounds like a lot? I bought my 3-M precuts from Jeremy off this site for $275 before he had to pull the great price...but even so, I was under the impression that the install at a reputable place was running people around $175-200?

Keep in mind that the $175-200 installation price is taking the mark-up they are putting on the kit they would be selling you in consideration. If they dont sell you a kit wit hthe install expect them to charge you 2-3 times more for installation
Old 11-18-2002 | 07:24 PM
ziscoming

Default Bra (less)

I just ordered my 3M from Jim and will install on Friday ..i ordered everything but the light covers...he worked a good price and had done 2 installs so we will see what happens...

I actually may have him do the rear bumper depending on how it looks initially..this will help the idiots who seem to park too close.

CS Touring Loaded.
Old 11-21-2002 | 11:11 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

My Z is now wearing it's first Bra! (edit, forgot about the white shipping cover)

Jim did an awesome job installing the X-Pel/3M kit today. I got the whole front, lights, mirrors, & behind the door handles. So far, very happy. It will need to cook a bit in the sun........what sun? Oh, well, at least I'm protected from the flying salt rocks.

Jim's a real nice guy, and I highly recommend his services. Reach him at 847-502-7003.

Last edited by EnthuZ; 11-21-2002 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2002 | 08:20 AM
flyzmd80

Originally posted by EnthuZ
My Z is now wearing it's first Bra! (edit, forgot about the white shipping cover)

Jim did an awesome job installing the X-Pel/3M kit today. I got the whole front, lights, mirrors, & behind the door handles. So far, very happy. It will need to cook a bit in the sun........what sun? Oh, well, at least I'm protected from the flying salt rocks.

Jim's a real nice guy, and I highly recommend his services. Reach him at 847-502-7003.
I thought you would be happy with Jim's work. I was amazed how much work and effort it took to get the film on right. I know I feel protected once out on the road. It's a worthwhile add on.

Bob Z
Old 02-09-2003 | 08:54 AM
happypants

how long does an install take, and how much did you guys shell out for the install?

I saw the $900 posted above, I'm just wondering if the pricing varies depending on how much you have protected. What are the options?

Last edited by happypants; 02-09-2003 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-19-2003 | 02:49 PM
SquadElite

I just called Rick at Body-Skins Inc.
He has done many 350Z's along with many mercedes and the like.
The prices he installs the 3M kit for are UNREAL...He comes to your house and installs it for you. Hes coming monday to install it on my new 350Z SilverStone before my trip accross country.
285$ Installed for front bumper, which he says is the most popular one for 350Z's. He is certified at clear-bra.com for installation. I AM LAUGHING because you guys paid sooo freakin much 900$! Damn. Do your research!

Body-Skins Inc.
Rick Anstadt
Mobile Service
South Elgin, IL 60177
847-530-8443
Old 08-19-2003 | 03:11 PM
jj1814

Originally posted by SquadElite
I just called Rick at Body-Skins Inc.
He has done many 350Z's along with many mercedes and the like.
The prices he installs the 3M kit for are UNREAL...He comes to your house and installs it for you. Hes coming monday to install it on my new 350Z SilverStone before my trip accross country.
285$ Installed for front bumper, which he says is the most popular one for 350Z's. He is certified at clear-bra.com for installation. I AM LAUGHING because you guys paid sooo freakin much 900$! Damn. Do your research!

Body-Skins Inc.
Rick Anstadt
Mobile Service
South Elgin, IL 60177
847-530-8443
Yeah I was in Chicago around the 4th of July weekend and was going to have Rick install my clear bra. BUT he was going on a random vacation (no planned leave date and no planned return date) and wouldnt be back by the time I left town (I was there taking a class for my job), so I wasnt able to get it done. But he's a very nice guy. He was willing to come downtown where I was and do it and everything.

Quick Reply: Chicago Clear Bra