Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Important! Just heard from my dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 04:17 PM
Flyingscot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by copat
This jives with what my dealer told me. Nissan doesn't want the preorders to show up in dribs and drabs. They want to hit the streets in a massive number, which might partly explain why they're waiting until most of the pre-orders are ready before shipping to dealers.
Of course this could be another smoke screen to allow them time to make some tweaks.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:46 PM
SeedyRom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Flyingscot
Isn't the real question here, whether Nissan is making tweaks as Seedyrom is suggesting. Cause if they are, then won't that delay production?

BTW: Can anyone tell me what constitutes mass production by today's standards? Thanks!
Here's what will happen. Either the changes will be made very fast and a delay in production will arise (perhaps this September thing). Or, the changes that are made will be available in the next product run and that would be the convertible. Given what I know of the "issues" that exist at this moment, I can pretty much guarantee that IF the cars in Japan being made right now ARE North America bound, then the next batch will have to have the little fixes and not this one as it's too soon.

The left hand drive question will be interesting to see when Jman gets an answer. I'll see what I can find out myself.