Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 05:13 AM
Murry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MC350Z:

I just went down to the GM dealer to sit in a new C6. I really liked what I saw but I found the clutch to be way to light for my tastes. It seems liike they designed it with 100lb women in mind-no offense intended there just an observation. I'm wondering what your driving experience has been as I only had the opportunity to try it while parked in the showroom. They won't let me test drive without making a deal. The vette seems like a great value but if it doesn't have the right feel the numbers mean little to me.

I think I may try an M3 instead.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:06 AM
paul_kemshall

Interesting posts guys...

I think the Z and corvette are both great value for money cars.

The only problem the vette seems to get from reviewers over here (UK)is mainly the cart springs and push rod engine.

I know the japs stopped this about 30 years ago but i want to keep an open mind until i test one - left hooker only though...

looking forward to it

Paul
Old 10-17-2004, 12:13 PM
AZZGUY

Default Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

Originally posted by novaz
Just sold my Z, and picked up the new C6 'Vette.
To everyone reading this, the C6 'Vette is light years ahead of the last model.
I never thought I would sell the Z so soon, but the new 'Vette is something else from a performance standpoint.
400hp and torque, 0-60 = 4.2 seconds, weight = 3,000lbs, approx.
This new 'Vette should hopefully move younger drivers like myself (I am 36) into the car - but I am sure that there will be alot of the older ones too.
Total cost for the 'Vette - $48,500.00 (with dealer discount)
Some quick info on the car: Black/Tan interior, 6spd manual, DVD Navigtion, Full Lexane removable targa roof, Full power heated leather seats with multiple inflatable lumbar/side bolsters.
One very important fact - this new C6 is at least 6" shorter than the old 'Vette, and believe me - you can see that difference!
The Z was a great sports car and I'll def. miss it.
I'll post back with some pics of the C6 if you guys are interested.
A big thing that I've noticed on the 'Vette forum is the HUGE debate on the headlights. For myself, it was no big deal.
But alot of those old 'Vette drivers are feeling left out.
Guess they have to deal with it - 'cause the new headlights rock in terms of brightness!
But who need heated seats?? I had leather in my 1990 300ZX and wasnt cold at all with the 110 temps here in Arizona! Leather, never again!! Love the nice black cloth (rich quality) in the 350Z !!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:28 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

Originally posted by AZZGUY
But who need heated seats?? I had leather in my 1990 300ZX and wasnt cold at all with the 110 temps here in Arizona! Leather, never again!! Love the nice black cloth (rich quality) in the 350Z !!
Rich quality? You must have different seats than mine. I love most things about my Z, but the cloth on the seats is horrible.....very cheap.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Umrswimr

Default Re: Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

You know, I was done with this thread until some uneducated fool decided to call the C5 unreliable. Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.
A VERY small percentage of the '01's had fuel consuption problems and there are a few nagging issues like the fuel sender, the column lock, and a diff leak on a small percentage of the cars. All of which pale in comparison the the transmission problems you guys have. Unreliable? Please.

As for your Skyline comments and its "fantastic" performance for a 2.8L... Again with your silly hp/L arguement. Enjoy that. It's a shame the new Cobra and the current C6 (not including the 500HP Z06) will beat it for $20-30k less. The HP/L means squat when you're losing.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:24 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

Originally posted by Umrswimr
You know, I was done with this thread until some uneducated fool decided to call the C5 unreliable. Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.
A VERY small percentage of the '01's had fuel consuption problems and there are a few nagging issues like the fuel sender, the column lock, and a diff leak on a small percentage of the cars. All of which pale in comparison the the transmission problems you guys have. Unreliable? Please.

As for your Skyline comments and its "fantastic" performance for a 2.8L... Again with your silly hp/L arguement. Enjoy that. It's a shame the new Cobra and the current C6 (not including the 500HP Z06) will beat it for $20-30k less. The HP/L means squat when you're losing.
True enough. My complaints about the Corvettes I've owned had nothing to do with reliability. Every one, including a 1966 roadster that I bought when it was 20 years old (my first Vette that was born the same year I was), has been dead nuts reliable.
In fact, my brother still owns that car and drives it all the time.
I paid $8,000 for it. My brother has been offered $40,000 for it and turned it down.......I wish I hadn't GIVEN it to him 15 years ago.....
Old 10-17-2004, 03:14 PM
RANDY350Z

I saw a 2005 yellow vette coupe a week ago and saw a red one today and it is AWESOME! Only problem is that they are 50000.00 + while a base Z is 25000.00. Too much cash for me, after taxes it is around 59000.00 .
Old 10-17-2004, 05:09 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by mc350z
damn it must have been marked up by the dealer. ive heard of them being marked up to 15k+ but thats gonna be over soon the C6 market has become a lot softer than expected

The sales manager told me that they were not going to do any markups, and he offered me a $1500 discount right off the bat.

For the record, the base price of the Z is $26500, and the Vette is $44245, less than $18000 difference, not $25000.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:28 PM
AZZGUY

Default Re: Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Rich quality? You must have different seats than mine. I love most things about my Z, but the cloth on the seats is horrible.....very cheap.
You most likely do have different cloth! At least I hope it isnt the same cloth---- lol All joking aside - I did hear the cloth on the 03 models was not too great- also, I've had none of the problems listed on this site. Lucky? Perhaps - perhaps waiting was worth it.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:31 PM
obsidian02

Too many are out there is the only think I don't like about the vette. (great look, much more powerfull than z, handle like s2000/miata, and best "bang for the buck". I personally have never driven one, but read many positive articles about it as well. Z on the other hand is still rare, great look, although not as powerfull as it should be. I hope it's not going to be too many out there soon, or I will drop it.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:32 PM
AZZGUY

The sales manager told me that they were not going to do any markups, and he offered me a $1500 discount right off the bat.

For the record, the base price of the Z is $26500, and the Vette is $44245, less than $18000 difference, not $25000.
Still very good chump change- wouldnt you agree? You must be homesick - hence coming back to the site??
Old 10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
ZZtopp

Still very good chump change- wouldnt you agree? You must be homesick - hence coming back to the site??

Uh.....no........I didn't like the Vette. Still have the Z, as a I posted above.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:51 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

You most likely do have different cloth! At least I hope it isnt the same cloth---- lol All joking aside - I did hear the cloth on the 03 models was not too great- also, I've had none of the problems listed on this site. Lucky? Perhaps - perhaps waiting was worth it.
I think it is the same......the 04's looked the same to me, anyway. As soon as I took delivery and saw that cloth, I had a set of custom charcoal sheepskins tailored by Superlamb....the finest sheepskins you can buy. I'm not huge fan of sheeps, but they do look great (to some), and you cant beat the comfort. At least my cloth seats aren't wearing out, and the sheeps beat leather, especially in the hot summer weather here.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:59 PM
AZZGUY

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

I think it is the same......the 04's looked the same to me, anyway. As soon as I took delivery and saw that cloth, I had a set of custom charcoal sheepskins tailored by Superlamb....the finest sheepskins you can buy. I'm not huge fan of sheeps, but they do look great (to some), and you cant beat the comfort. At least my cloth seats aren't wearing out, and the sheeps beat leather, especially in the hot summer weather here.
Yes - and charcoal sheep are rare! - (also known as the black sheep of the family! )
My 300 ZX had leather - burned my A$$ ever time I got in on a hot day - had to keep it covered - NEVER AGAIN LEATHER here in Arizona! I was going to get sheepskin - but the car came that way and I am too scotch to cover $900 seats with something else! (or is stubborn the word? )
Old 10-17-2004, 07:06 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

Yes - and charcoal sheep are rare! - (also known as the black sheep of the family! )
LOL!! Yeah, it must hard to get the sheep to stand still for the dye job.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:09 PM
AZZGUY

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

LOL!! Yeah, it must hard to get the sheep to stand still for the dye job.
What, you havent heard how a sheep herder gets them to stand still??
Old 10-17-2004, 07:15 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette

What, you havent heard how a sheep herder gets them to stand still??
LOL!! I thought there were some stains on my seat covers.....this site has offically sunk to a new low!

Quick Reply: SOLD Z - Got new C6 'Vette