Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My car is totaled.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 02:13 PM
SandMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: My car is totaled.......

Originally posted by LeMans350z
My memory is getting better in the last couple of hours. I can remember stuff from over 5 minutes now.

Talked to my wife, she went to get some pics. The front airbags went off. The curtain and side did not............here is a pic of the car...
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!
I hope you sue the hell out of that dumb a$$ SUV owner!!
Old 10-28-2002, 02:23 PM
GUido

Default Re: good you're alive

Originally posted by nicotrain
hey man..count your blessings..you are alive and that's what's important. what's next for you? another z? waiting for one is going to be a b*tch!

and what's going to happen to your car now? do you want to sell me the wheels?
The right front wheel is probably fubar, and god knows what the otherside yet. Now the seats on the otherhand... I may be interested in those if they aren't fragged...

After seeing your car in person Jeremy.. seeing that last pic is just that much more disheartening...
Old 10-28-2002, 02:32 PM
TriX

Man when I first heard you mention it was totaled I said how can that be. But after seeing that pic understand.

Pretty painful to watch. Hope insurance covers the cost.

I hate fing SUVs unless you live in states that its a requirement they shouldn't be on the road.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:42 PM
brackethead

Jeremy- so sorry to hear about your accident. Glad that you're not seriously injured and I hope you recover quickly.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:51 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

that is a disturbing picture.....gives me shivers

Looks like the car held up well though
Old 10-28-2002, 02:55 PM
Zrated

Thats terrible It could have been alot worse physicaly. Get better soon. Just thank goodness it didn't hit on the drivers side.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:00 PM
Them Bones

Default The side bags didn't work???

I was wondering how you would get a concussion if all of the air bags deployed. Looking at the picture, I can't believe the sides didn't go. Nissan needs to know about this and examine the car. That's just too much damage on the side of the car for the bags to not deploy. How fast were you going when the moron pulled out in front of you?

Anyway, sorry about the car and I hope you're feeling better physically.

-TB
Old 10-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Zmeflyby

sorry to hear this man..i hope u get better real soon
Old 10-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Todd

Default Re: Re: Re: My car is totaled.......

Originally posted by LeMans350z
My memory is getting better in the last couple of hours. I can remember stuff from over 5 minutes now.

Talked to my wife, she went to get some pics. The front airbags went off. The curtain and side did not............here is a pic of the car...
Wow....sorry man. Glad you're going to be okay. I am a little concerned however that the side and curtain airbags did not go off. This certainly looks like an accident that would have set them off.

Last edited by Todd; 10-28-2002 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:27 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Originally posted by BILL T
Sorry - 'wish you a speedy recovery.....err..... you DO remember the $500 I lent you just before the crash?
Check is in the mail.............
Old 10-28-2002, 03:27 PM
Slareau02

Holy ****! Thats one nasty wreck. Just looking at that picture gave me goosebumps. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well considering the circumstances.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:28 PM
alex100

reason for memory loss was cause of ... well.. shock... his nervious system was hit with so much trauma he forgot part of it.... its like if you fall of a 12 foot ladder and wonder how the hell you got on the ground?

besides. i'd be in shock too if i just realized my z was now a garbled mess..

don't worry jeremy. it will all come back soon.. slowly.. and... by the looks of it.. ::cringe:: painfully... Get well soon and.. get new z soon!
Old 10-28-2002, 03:31 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I'm sorry about the accident, but glad you're OK. As sad as the Z looks, it appears to have done it's job to keep you safe.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:33 PM
alphaz

I just got off the phone with Danya (Jeremy's wife), she said he was doing better. We are all concerned that the side airbags and head curtains did not deploy. I gave her the name and phone # of the Nissan Rep. for the Southeast Area. I'm certain that the Nissan Engineers will want to take a look at his car for the reasons above.
I also will be meeting with a Nissan Rep. tomorrow and will express our concerns with this matter. What is the use of the side airbags and head curtains if they will not deploy in an accident as Jeremy had.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

I guess I don't have to worry about the 4 paint chips I had on my front bumper anymore.

Starting to feel better...

I can't believe the side impact air bags did not go off. I know the curtain would have helped too. I thought if you got hit like this the airbags would deploy on both sides. Does any body know the particulars of how the airbags are supossed to work for this car?
Attached Thumbnails My car is totaled.......-lemans350z_03.jpg  

Last edited by Rogue350z; 10-28-2002 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:35 PM

's Avatar

Glad to hear that you are okay.

Last edited by ; 10-28-2002 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:45 PM
2003z

Sorry to hear aabout your car Jeremy. Glad you are alright though. If there is anything Teresa or I can do to help you, let me know.

Get well soon,
Mike
Old 10-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Originally posted by 88 Shrio Special
Jeremy Was that at Mansell and 400?? I heard there was an accident, and I was on 400S. I looked over and saw a Lemans Sunset. Man I am sorry to see that . I am glad you are ok, It looked bad. I was at the Car show and that car was NICE.
Be greatfull you were not seriously injured. Karl
Yeah that was me! I don't have any memory of the accident. I hope to show the car to Nissan tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:06 PM
Enforcer

Originally posted by alphaz
I just got off the phone with Danya (Jeremy's wife), she said he was doing better. We are all concerned that the side airbags and head curtains did not deploy. I gave her the name and phone # of the Nissan Rep. for the Southeast Area. I'm certain that the Nissan Engineers will want to take a look at his car for the reasons above.
I also will be meeting with a Nissan Rep. tomorrow and will express our concerns with this matter. What is the use of the side airbags and head curtains if they will not deploy in an accident as Jeremy had.
Good move alphaz!

Glad you are feeling better Jeremy and not seriously hurt. I had a slight concussion with short term memory loss long ago. Kept asking the doctor where I was and why every 5 minutes at first then my memory period grew longer over a few hours to normal. But I still don't remember what happened, how I got to the hospital, and nothing up to the point in the hospital when my short term memory returned. Funny thing was, during the 5 minutes, I could remember events years before. After the effect subsided and to this day, I can remember everything prior to whatever happened and afterwards setting in the hospital bed the last time I asked the doctor what happened. It's like there is an 8 hour gap. I was swimming with friends and they did not see me hit anything, just walking around looking perplexed. The doctor did not find any bumps or bruises and it was a concussion. So just hang in there, it will get better...and think about getting a replacement 350Z!

Enforcer

Quick Reply: My car is totaled.......