Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My car is totaled.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 04:17 PM
88 Shrio Special

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremy On the lighter side of this tradegy, this is not a good way to get points.... Call me if you need to talk. Karl 678-614-0663. PS Like the Pic of Bridgett!!
Old 10-28-2002, 04:22 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

This is Jeremy's wife, he asked me to explain the accident (he is having a hard time grasping the details of the accident). These are the details that I have gathered from the hospital staff, I was too late to the hospital to talk in length with the Police Officer.

He was driving along Mansell Rd in Alpharetta after having just exited from Ga 400 northbound. As he came to the intersection for the Ga 400 southbound enterance and exit ramps, a driver in a Dodge Durango was apparently performing an illegal U-Turn. The Durango apparently was trying to get onto Ga 400 Southbound via the enterance ramp, but they messed up and was heading towards the exit ramp into oncoming traffic.

Jeremy hit the front passenger side of the Durango (most likely in the engine compartment). A vehicle traveling beside Jeremy in the next lane hit the back passenger side of the Durango at the same time. Jeremy's car went into a spin after hitting the Durango and was hit in the passenger door by another car.

I only got to talk to the driver of the Durango (he and his wife were also in the emergency room). He was apologetic and said he didn't know what happened, but that he was in the wrong. The police officer gave out subpoena's in the court date against the driver of the Durango (which I have never heard of happening unless the fault is so apparent).

I have spent the day calming parents and myself and answering the same 10-15 questions a zillion times for Jeremy. After looking at the car first hand, I am not sure the pictures do it justice, but I am very thankful that he is home.

Jeremy said he is going to try to post some more of the pictures that we took of his car to his website tomorrow if he feels up to it. He will also post a picture of the trophy from this weekend. We never got a chance to take a picture of the car with the trophy. Maybe he can do something with photoshop to merge to pictures. He has skills that I just don't understand.

Thank you everyone for your concern. It has helped Jeremy get over some of the shock of this whole day...
Old 10-28-2002, 04:22 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what to add, but Damn, I'm glad you're OK.

Nuts & bolts can be replaced easily, people can't.

That shot of your Z at the show looked AWESOME!

MAYBE, the side bags are tied to a seat sensor, meaning that if unoccupied, they do not deploy.......?

Get well ASAP
Old 10-28-2002, 04:25 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Unhappy

Very, very unfortunate.
Very, very fortunate you're alive and okay,
Old 10-28-2002, 04:25 PM

's Avatar

Default Emailed NISSAN

I put in an email to Nissan and asked for a prompt response since I am suppose to receive my car in a week or two. I also asked for side airbags. I will write the response they give me.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:46 PM
Grey Matter

Default Jeremy

Seeing the pictures of the car makes me cringe. The car can be replaced but you can't, so glad to hear that you are OK
Old 10-28-2002, 04:47 PM
Killermove

I'm sorry to here that but I'm glad you are ok and getting better.

It was beutiful car! I didn't take mine out today...drive the 93 SE Maxima instead. It was a VERY nasty day for traffic in ATL today. Scary stuff. They say the Halloween day rush hour is historically the worst. (SO DON'T DRIVE YOUR Z ON HALLOWEEN!)

Keep us updated on what happened with the side airbags. Good luck with you recovery. I hope that you can get a replacement Z quickly!!

Ryan
Old 10-28-2002, 04:59 PM
zeeing

I'm sorry about the car and your bad day. I'm thankful you are OK. May you have acomplete and speedy recovery.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Mike821

Hey this really sucks! Glad you are OK... I KNOW how serious this is because if the picture looks bad then in person it must look really frightening.

2 things:

1) I crashed my car as well a couple of weeks ago and I know some people did the same as well. Some more serious than others. Others didn't crash but lost control I heard because of wet asphalt. The tires that nissan puts on this car should be illegal. They're good in dry weather but as soon as it's a little wet they don't hold at all. It's like driving on ICE. My friend warned me about them but I didn't listen... One night two weeks ago when it was drizzling (spelling?) outside, I was doing about 50mph, shifted into 4th gear - I guess a little hard shift, and that caused the rear wheels to spin and I lost control. VDC was on... So much power, combined with RWD, wet weather, and REALLY CRAPPY tires is no good news. BE CAREFUL OUTTHERE... I guarantee that we will see more "lost control and crashed" stories even though I'm warning you that these tires really suck. And by the way, I realize that Jeremy's crash is not his fault and these kind of accidents can rarely be avoided.
We should really write a letter to NISSAN about these tires. They should be recalled... How come the G35C gets the nice Michellin Pilots?

2) I already saw a post wondering about the seats, and I guess this car is an organ donor now... Seriously though, how does it work? Can you sell some of the parts or the insurance company owns the car now? I really need two new rims because mine are all scratched up from my crash. One rear and one front. If you (Jeremy) or anyone is selling the OEM 18" wheels I'm ready to pay and pick up today. Email or PM me.

I'm glad everyone is OK and again, watch those tires people they're crap!!!
Old 10-28-2002, 05:04 PM
hotshoe22

Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad to hear the front airbags deployed, you know they helped. Jeremy, get well soon and hope your memory returns real soon.

Take care and rest!
Old 10-28-2002, 05:05 PM
Aloharacing

As a bike rider, I have to be especially wary of SUV drivers.

SUV's

They just always seem to be the ones that are out to get ya.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:17 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Sorry to hear of your accident but glad to hear you are OK, I have been there and know how it feels, you will be sore for a while but you will appreciate the little things more, you next reaction towards the idiot that caused this will be anger but just let the system take care of it. Next thing is if you have any injuries (which is sounds lie it), whether serious or possibility of being serious or long term concerns get a lawyer not to take advantage but to look after your interests, make sure you get checked out from head to toe no matter how small the ache it could be important.

Take care.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Zzyzx

Unhappy

Oh man! Very sorry to hear about your accident :-( But very glad to hear the car was more hurt then you are. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:19 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Very sorry to hear about the accident. Take whatever time you need to rest and get your head cleared up. You have done a great job of providing all of us on the board with details. If it helps, keep writing. If it upsets you to think about the accident, we all will understand. We all wish you the best. Have a speedy recovery.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:26 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

This really sucks. I wish those pics were photoshopped and that your Z was sitting in your garage. Bottom line though, airbags deployed or not, the car did what it was designed to do- keep you alive in the event of an accident. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope you're back behind the wheel of another Z soon-may I suggest Chrome Silver this time...?

Ethan
Old 10-28-2002, 05:39 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad your injuries aren't as severe as they could've been Jeremy.

I'm very sorry about the loss of your Z.

Hoping for a quick and complete recovery for you.

Jeff
Old 10-28-2002, 05:40 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Jeremy:

It's times like this that tend to put the rest of life in perspective. Thank God you're alive in one piece. Sheet metal can be replaced.

God Bless, and hopefully you have a speedy recovery.

- Chris
Old 10-28-2002, 05:44 PM
igyz
Charter Member #25

Default I am

stunned to say the least, I was commenting on how great your car looked (before). Get well soon, get back in a Z seat, you're alive, getting better and have many friends some whom you've never met.

Igy
Old 10-28-2002, 06:31 PM
MacGuru

It's good to hear your doing well. Best of luck with recovery. I say, put a convertible one on order. Your old LS had a few problems anyway. Maybe Nissan will offer a replacement for FREE, due to the faulty side airbags and poor OEM tires.

Seriously, we're glad that you're ok. Best wishes.
-m

Quick Reply: My car is totaled.......