Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

owned by the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:12 AM
smellslikecurry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default owned by the dealer

my mom and i were buying the car on monday with one of my friends, we were sitting with the finance officer and he said if we paid an extra 8 bucks a month with a lower apr we would be able to get the extended 75k warranty, paint treatment and all that other nonsense so were like this sounds good and we took the offer. Yesterday my mom noticed that on the bill of sale, the car (enthusiast with no options) came out to be close to 36gs. then on teh side of the bill of sale it said that the alarm, was 816 bucks, the vin etching was 1000!!! and that the warranty was 1500 and paint treatmetn was another 816 and everything added up to be almost 5gs worth of ********. now i was wondering if there was anything we can do about it?? or is it too late?
Old 10-17-2004, 08:18 AM
del105
15 f125

Default Re: owned by the dealer

Originally posted by smellslikecurry
my mom and i were buying the car on monday with one of my friends, we were sitting with the finance officer and he said if we paid an extra 8 bucks a month with a lower apr we would be able to get the extended 75k warranty, paint treatment and all that other nonsense so were like this sounds good and we took the offer. Yesterday my mom noticed that on the bill of sale, the car (enthusiast with no options) came out to be close to 36gs. then on teh side of the bill of sale it said that the alarm, was 816 bucks, the vin etching was 1000!!! and that the warranty was 1500 and paint treatmetn was another 816 and everything added up to be almost 5gs worth of ********. now i was wondering if there was anything we can do about it?? or is it too late?
So you didn't look at the price of the car before you signed the contract? You can only be mad at yourself for not looking at what your signing.

Just for perspective I paid 29980.00 out the door. on thursday for a Ultra Yellow Enthusiast.

Last edited by del105; 10-17-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:20 AM
ChuckGZ

yep. owned indeed.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Sly_Z

In Maryland you have three days to change your mind on any contract. I don't know about NY, maybe you should find out quick and then go back to the dealer.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:26 AM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DAMN 36G! U coulda gotten a roadster for that money.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:54 AM
smellslikecurry

i went to go check out the car and told my mom not to sign anything before i checked the car out and when i got back she signed already
Old 10-17-2004, 09:52 AM
SlamMan

There's one born every minute.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:17 PM
RJW0501

Originally posted by Sly_Z
In Maryland you have three days to change your mind on any contract. I don't know about NY, maybe you should find out quick and then go back to the dealer.
Sorry Sly, you are 100% wrong on the above quote...In Md, once you pull off the lot, with a signed contract, and plates issued/transferred, your done.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which dealer is this?
Old 10-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Sly_Z

Originally posted by RJW0501
Sorry Sly, you are 100% wrong on the above quote...In Md, once you pull off the lot, with a signed contract, and plates issued/transferred, your done.

You are right. I'm sorry for the bad info, but I did some research and even though this is maryland and not NY I think it's good info to give to any future car buyers or someone eager to own a Z at all cost:

Do's and Don't of buying a car in the state of Maryland

You can't return the car, there is no three day return law in the State of Maryland. Once you buy a car, it is yours and you are responsible to make payments for it. The contract is complete upon signing the contract, unless there is a specific guaranty, otherwise the car is yours.

Don't be too eager. The salesperson on the car lot is not your friend, no matter how friendly he or she may appear. You must remember that the salesperson is a trained professional who will try to sell you the most expensive car that he believes you can afford, even though the case may be that you cannot afford the car. Several months later, if the payments are not made on time, his company will not hesitate to send your contract to a collection agency and you will be faced with going to court and possible wage garnishment and/or repossession of the car.

Read the contract. Does the financing that the salesperson told you on the lot equate with the actual number on the contract? Does the mileage match up? Is it the same make and model car?

Do not sign anything until financing is approved. A common tactic of an unscrupulous car salesperson is to have you sign the contract for the car, yet leave the financing up in the air.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:35 PM
RJW0501

/\ /\

Great info for anyone in any state.

Sly, pm with some info on your Columbia meets, would like to hook up with you guy's!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:41 PM
halalboy2000

Default Re: owned by the dealer

Originally posted by smellslikecurry
i was there to witness it all...eh eh eh eh eh
Old 10-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Skrill

Default Re: Re: owned by the dealer

Originally posted by del105
So you didn't look at the price of the car before you signed the contract? You can only be mad at yourself for not looking at what your signing.

Just for perspective I paid 29980.00 out the door. on thursday for a Ultra Yellow Enthusiast.
Is that with sales tax?

That's a good price.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:33 PM
RedBird

Default Re: Re: owned by the dealer

[i]Originally posted by del105

Just for perspective I paid 29980.00 out the door. on thursday for a Ultra Yellow Enthusiast. [/B]
Did you get the curtain and side airbags airbags included?
Old 10-19-2004, 10:44 PM
peterhong

Yeah, if you and/or your mom signed the contract, the price should've been the first thing you looked at before signing anything. Chalk that one up to a Homer Simpson moment. However, here in California, you have 30 days to exchange your car for another one -- IF YOU BUY A SATURN!!!! Otherwise, no cooling off period here in Cali. For reference, I got a Touring model with all options including Navi. for about the same price you paid for your Enthusiast.

But hey, look on the bright side, if your mom was the one who signed the papers, I assume she is the one paying for the car, so no sweat off ya.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:31 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Wow why comment if your just gonna be a dick...Maybe its just me but when someone is upset about a mistake they made and looking for advice my first instinct is not to call them an idiot...
Old 10-20-2004, 10:10 PM
orhanz33

did you try talking to the dealer about the mis-understanding? if they really act like d!ckheads we can always have a meet in the lot and see if they change their minds

p.s. dealerships these days are getting ridiculous... what happened to morality? It seems like the only dealerships these days that are actually friendly/helpful (or the ones i hear about around here) are the domestic car dealers
Old 10-21-2004, 06:19 PM
350fanatic

i feel your pain, i too was owned by the damn stealer!! you got it a lot worst than i did though, wow $1,000 for vin etching, that is ****ing crazy!!

those damn finance managers can really talk, its like watching an infomercial listening to them. i got the paint protection/leather, alarm, and vin for $1,800. $800 for paint/leather protection, $800 for an alarm, and $200 for etching. im still mad as hell thinkin about it, they will lie and they are some damn good lyers!!
the finance manager telling me they have the best alarm, better than viper. the alarm he says would have auto start, and guess what!? when i got the alarm it was the shitiest alarm i have ever seen in my life, it is by KARR alarm and it is not even auto start

nothing i could really do at that point after the install because there was nothing in writing that the alarm would have auto start and pager
Old 10-21-2004, 06:20 PM
350fanatic

o yeh i got my touring out the door for 36k, sorry if that makes you feel worse
Old 10-21-2004, 08:33 PM
herbrock17

i brought in my printout from www.edmunds.com and showed i want that price, and that price only for the '04 Daytona Blue touring w/ charcoal leather interior, and the other stuff minus the navigation. i had to wait 2 months for delivery but the only thing i think i got ripped off on is $500 they added in for "PDI" (pre delivery inspection) which im not sure if its the same thing as the $500 destination charge. the window etching was $150 clearly stated on the contract, the lo-jack price was clear also, the 75K warranty was also clear, etc, etc.....hilltop nissan in east hanover nj.....peace all

Quick Reply: owned by the dealer