Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2003 SCCA stock classification changes / updates

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Hang On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mind that right now (and for the next year) shocks are going to come at a premium.....the WRX still has this issue.

Eventually, the "hoop la" should die down, the market will have more shock options available and that would be the time to start looking (unless you just have money to burn).

Personally, I think that anything more than a double adjustable is a waste of time unless you race for a living.....keep in mind that for optimal performance you would have to adjust the shocks for *each track event* and weather conditions would affect the settings as well (thats a lot of testing). The same is true for the double adjustables but they are quite a bit easier to set up correctly from event to event (less variables).

Konis are mentioned quite a few times in here and that is the shock that I would recommend (once they're available - I don't know if they are or not).....keep in mind that if your serious about RR or autocrossing you'll want to get them rebuilt roughly every other year.
Even better would be Penske, as you can rebuild them yourself, but they are VERY expensive.
Sorry for the lenght of the post and best of luck in your decision....but take your time and do some research 1st.

Andrew
'99 Z28 pewter M6 (Koni SA fronts, DA rears)
FS #7 (autocrosser)
SCCA board member
Equipe Rapide member

Last edited by Hang On; 11-01-2002 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:33 PM
negcamber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hang On

Konis are mentioned quite a few times in here and that is the shock that I would recommend (once they're available - I don't know if they are or not).....keep in mind that if your serious about RR or autocrossing you'll want to get them rebuilt roughly every other year.
I can vouch for that...I had to send mine off twice in the 4 years I used them. $125 each for re-build does get expensive.

Even better would be Penske, as you can rebuild them yourself, but they are VERY expensive.
But possibly illegal in SCCA SOLO II next year unless the SEB changes its mind.