Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Everybody wants a piece of my "Z"

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 07:18 PM
DaChoZn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Everybody wants a piece of my "Z"

I decided to drive my Z to work today. Its about a 50 mile commute one-way. Its seems every time I take my Z out, every guy with a mustang, camaro, s2000, Surpra and souped up compacts want a piece of my Z. I can't tell how many times some a**hole revs his car up, speeds by or gives me some go to hell look. Are these people that insecure with themselves? Also, my co-workers talk alot of **** too. One guy has a 02 mustang gt, another 02 Z28, another a 01' Vette, another a 98-99 trans-am. And everybody wants to race my Z. The idiot w/the TA had the nerve to say that the Z is a chic car! Needless to say, he pissed me off and I tore into his stupid ***. Why do people have to be so ignorant? My car has gotten sooo much attention at work and on the road. I had a mob of people at work around my car going on and on about how bad *** it looks. No one took any interest in the other guys car when they first got them. It seems to me that these guys are intimidated by my Z. As much as they try, they just can't deny the beautiful and unique design of the Z. And then the color...Lemans/Burnt Orange 6mt. Simply beautiful in the sun. Everyone seems to be green withh envy. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this type of negative attention. Also, they love to call my car a rice burner. Freakin' haters. If I didn't have any common sense, I'd just kick their freakin' pansy asses.
Attached Thumbnails Everybody wants a piece of my "Z"-my-z3.jpg  
Old 10-30-2002, 07:23 PM
BrainStorm

Haha, the adults are calling each other names and teasing, that's rich, lol. Don't sweat it...you seem a little worked up, relax.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Derrick

Talking

Handle your business dawg!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 07:34 PM
Aloharacing

Dude...they are just looking to get some response out of you.

Just smile, and shake your head.

Don't even give 'em the honor of a race...

Jealousy takes many forms...
Old 10-31-2002, 04:50 AM
grogsnorf

Get used to it dude...............What I do is put the car in reverse
and watch them slam their brakes cause the think they are rolling..........then laugh......try it...........(make sure no one is behind you!)
Grogs
Old 10-31-2002, 05:35 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by porscheKliier
look.. as you can see most of your co-workers have american piece of *****. So, don't even bother what you hear from these low-lifes.
Just because they drive American cars doesn't make them low lifes. They were losers long before they had their cars. You're talking to a HUGE fan of American muscle, so tread lightly.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:56 AM
skimark

Originally posted by porscheKliier
look.. as you can see most of your co-workers have american piece of *****. So, don't even bother what you hear from these low-lifes.
With a comment like that you are even lower. I'm another huge fan of American Muscle.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:47 AM
dvlad

i can't understand this either. I have gotten dirty looks from drivers of rice-burners to merc sl's. Then when your in a parking lot people will say.."is that thing fast?" No, it's not....it's a dog Or, "how much did you pay for that?" None of your damn business. How much do you make a year?

I love cars. I like american muscle cars, euro, and japenese cars. Many drivers feel insecure because i'm driving a rare car. And they feel that if they disagree with the looks or speed of the vechile, it makes them feel better. Oh well.

Overall, i have had nothing but positive looks and question about the Z. It's just that the negative one are which you tend to remember.

dan
Old 10-31-2002, 07:50 AM
lyonsd

Default Re: Everybody wants a piece of my "Z"

Originally posted by DaChoZn1
If I didn't have any common sense, I'd just kick their freakin' pansy asses.
So why don't you just race them instead? Either way, that'll shut them up.
Old 10-31-2002, 08:28 AM
BullishZ

Don't participate in their hatred... you don't want to set any of those fools off. They may ding your car or key it!

Then it's *** kicking time!
Old 10-31-2002, 08:37 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sound to me like your co-workers are having a bad case of Z-ness envy....
Old 10-31-2002, 08:39 AM
350zSpeedRacer

You know, of all the people I've told about getting my Z, most of them are really happy for me and ask for a ride as soon as it comes in. But then, there are always those few who are extremely jealous and have to find something wrong with it. One friend gave me this disgusted look and said, "you're buying a first year production?" I could totally see through his act--he was green with envy.

So when you get negative feedback, just remember, those are probably the jealous few who aren't happy unless they have the coolest -insert gadget here- around. I kinda feel sorry for them!
Old 10-31-2002, 08:40 AM
wildone_106

I dont think its got anything to do with
the car at all, its the Psychology.." You are not your car!" but so many pin all their ego's and self respects on a mode of transportation its a sadness..why else do people go out of their ways to pimp up their hondas or whatever, other than to say "Look at me Im better than you"
when its so obvious that its really saying "I have low self esteem and need attention" 'and so when they percieve a threat (a good looking new car ) they react aggressively to reassure themselves they are still "top dog" in their own eyes...Im no psychologist but its pretty blatant.

I have a mustant currently and never race but people take libertys cutting me off (when theres no one at all behind me!) and "showing me up" from Hondas to Dodge caravans..I just laugh and think...ok so you have a nice car..now step OUT of the car and what are u? A better human..or just one who needs mental help hehe when it comes down to it..the car just gets u from A to B, but when we get out of it then what are you...I wish they would ask themselves more often..too bad outside does'nt match whats inside huh..
Old 10-31-2002, 10:12 AM
Carterattorney

I too.. have had some really strange looks and actions regarding tailgateing (especially where I have someone in front of me on a single lane road.. no passing).. revving their engines.. BUT remember.. we do live in the South.. and fast cars intimidate folks in strange ways.. Bare with it and do what you think is right..
Attached Thumbnails Everybody wants a piece of my "Z"-thumbsupcar.jpg  
Old 11-14-2002, 06:43 AM
lyonsd

Default Re: Re: Re: Everybody wants a piece of my "Z"

Originally posted by honda troll
Because he's not going to beat an 02 Z28, and 01 vette, and a 98-99 WS6. Those are LS1's... they'd stomp him.
Maybe - maybe not.

I've been beaten by slower cars and I've beaten faster cars.

Race them and find out. Win or lose, they will shut up because they just want to see how well your car can perform.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:30 AM
WayneTN

Default Re: Don't let them sucker you.

Originally posted by lyonsd
Maybe - maybe not.

Race them and find out. Win or lose, they will shut up because they just want to see how well your car can perform.
I respectfully disagree. Don't let anyone push your "hot button" and don't let anyone pressure you into anything you don't feel comfortable with. They obviously feel intimidated with you having a new Z. Let them stay intimidated, smile, and go on with your own life.

Others may disagree. That's what I would do.
WayneTN
Old 11-14-2002, 07:42 AM
ZunZet350Z

Thumbs up Idiots get what they have coming...

No kidding about the racing challenges. Not a day goes by where someone in any of the above mentioned cars wants to race. I simply do not dignify that on the street. The only place to race is on the track.

Funny story! Yesterday, I am traveling in the fast lane of the freeway going 70 in a 65 zone. Traffic was heavy, and some pimple faced kid in his VW Jetta of all things comes up on my *** flashing his lights and honking his horn for me to pull over and get out of his way. Only 1 problemo, there was no room for me to accomplish this task. So the $%^&head took matters into his own hands, swerved across 4 lanes of traffic to get around everyone and continued to speed and swerve through traffic.

OOPS! Highway patrol saw his antics, and came up fast in my lane, at first I thought he was after me. Whew! he went around, and a couple of minutes later had the little ***** pulled over in the median, had him out of the car, kissing his trunk face down and handcuffed! Welcome to jail, junior! Whose *itch are you going to be today?

All because he wanted to show up a Z. Honestly, a true story.

The moral of the story, simply Zness envy, or SPS - small ***** syndrome.

Last edited by ZunZet350Z; 11-14-2002 at 07:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Everybody wants a piece of my "Z"