Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaah! My Z is here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 06:33 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaah! My Z is here!

Went to pick up my Z last night from Independence Nissan in Charlotte, NC. Kudos to them for making the process smooth and hassle free!

Quick impressions between driving last night and on the way to work this morning...

1 - Looks - Everything you've heard about gawkers is true! I noted 3 near accidents just on the drive in to work today as people tried to get a better look at my car. Most of my trip is highway... on the short stretch of traffic lights, I had to roll down my window twice to answer questions about the car.

2 - Performance - What can I say? I've only driven about 100 miles so far and its not broken in. Feels like there's a lot of power at all rpm ranges. The car just wants to pull no matter what revs or gear you are in!

3 - Known Issues (for reference my VIN# is ##3549)
Nav door - Don't see the problem here. If you follow the directions it works just fine. Expect to just leave it open with friends in the car
Nav System - Works great... is it over priced? maybe... do add on GPS systems have lifetime subscriptions to GPS service? got to factor that into the comparison
window streaks - None yet. I'll give it a few days to make a final call on this one
fogging headlamps - yep... mine do this. Had some light fogging at lower edge of lamp after I cut off the lights the first time.
Rattles (various) - Experienced none... then again, I was pretty euphoric the last 24hrs. Will pay closer attention the next few days.
Orange Peel - NONE!!! Was worried most about this... check the car front to back and top to bottom twice while the car was still in the prep area. I saw zero orange peel! I'll double check today in the daylight, but right now I'm considering myself very lucky to have no orange peel (or at the most, very little)
Bose stere - No problems, but then, I ordered a performance model. The stereo is adequate. I may upgrade, but not any time soon. Will first invest in some nice aftermarket rims.

Hmmm... that's all that comes to mind immediately. In one word... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Z is well worth the wait!

For those in the Charlotte area... if you want to see the new McDuck-ride... give me an email. Since I'll be driving it a lot anyway , I'd be more than happy to meet somewhere so fellow fans can oogle at it.

Pics to follow...
Old 11-01-2002, 06:39 AM
mcduck

this morning in my driveway... notice reflection of clouds in hood. I have NOT Zaino-ed the car yet...
Attached Thumbnails Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaah!  My Z is here!-smlfront1.jpg  
Old 11-01-2002, 06:42 AM
mcduck

Finally home in the driveway! Expect some better pics when I get some sunshine here...
Attached Thumbnails Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaah!  My Z is here!-smldriveway1.jpg  
Old 11-01-2002, 06:45 AM
abz123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats McDuck!

Looks good!
Old 11-01-2002, 06:46 AM
mcduck

View of the carbon cloth interior on my brickyard performance Z....
Attached Thumbnails Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaah!  My Z is here!-smlcockpit.jpg  
Old 11-01-2002, 06:47 AM
mcduck

and one of the Nav System...
Attached Thumbnails Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaah!  My Z is here!-smlnavview.jpg  
Old 11-01-2002, 07:40 AM
DrDrilZ

looks like you need to strap the lawn mower onto the back of the Z and drive through the yard a few times

maybe its true, that brickyard isthe only car to NOT have any orange peel.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:57 AM
mcduck

DOH! Guess I need to do some lawn maintenance and clean up the garage before taking any more pics!

That'll be a tough call this weekend... do the long overdue chore of cutting the grass or spend two more hours driving around in the Z... Man it sucks having to be responsible...
Old 11-01-2002, 10:29 AM
ddtreadway

Congrats!

I'm in the same boat. Got mine last Wednesday and have about 950 miles on it so far. Unbelievable. I've snuck above 4000rpm a couple of times, and it feels great.

My brickyard isn't showing any orange peel either. Looks great, and I'm glad the rain is over (however briefly). Actually washed my car @ 630am yesterday because I needed the car to look good in the sunshine.

I ran a thread on Monday that your VIN was showing up on Nissan. Hope you saw that and that your car didn't sit at the dealership before you got to go pick it up.

Enjoy your weekend. The colors are great right now. Fantastic time to be in the Carolinas!
Old 11-01-2002, 11:00 AM
RobJames

My brickyard has no orange peel either. I'm up to 1300 miles and ragging her out now and again. You're going to love it. I want to Zaino this weekend (got all of my stuff), but the highs are in the 50s right now. I have a photo almost identical to your clouds in the hood pic. Look . . .
Attached Thumbnails Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaah!  My Z is here!-hood-clouds.jpg  
Old 11-01-2002, 11:08 AM
Slareau02

Word, North Carolina Zs. Its good to see some people in the charlotte area with some Zs. Are you ever by chance in the arbouretum/ hghw 51 area?
Old 11-01-2002, 11:13 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by RobJames
My brickyard has no orange peel either. I'm up to 1300 miles and ragging her out now and again. You're going to love it. I want to Zaino this weekend (got all of my stuff), but the highs are in the 50s right now. I have a photo almost identical to your clouds in the hood pic. Look . . .
That avatar kills me... lol
Old 11-01-2002, 11:18 AM
mcduck

RobJames...

Man... I had to do a double take! At first, I thought that was my picture!

Slareau02....
I live over in Mount Holly... don't get out to the arboretum much, but you never know. Sometimes go to movies at Stonecrest. If you see a brick Z, it's probaby me!
Old 11-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

McDuck,

Your car looks great. It is almost impossible to tell from your pictures that the car is Brickyard and not Super Black.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:46 PM
RobJames

Yeah, McDuck, only difference is my grass is shorter (ha ha). I gave up a Harley for the Cub Cadet, my wife is happier.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:55 PM
Zay

Originally posted by mcduck
DOH! Guess I need to do some lawn maintenance and clean up the garage before taking any more pics!

That'll be a tough call this weekend... do the long overdue chore of cutting the grass or spend two more hours driving around in the Z... Man it sucks having to be responsible...
My kids and I were cracking up at this thread. I'm pretty **** about my lawn so I always keep the lawn pretty nice. So when they saw the picture of your car in the drive the first thing they said is "he needs to cut his grass"! Then we saw DrDrilZ post and about lost it!!! We were on the floor laughing at that one! Good one DrDrilz.