Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Thanks Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 05:49 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't you just love these kind of posts? If I was disappointed or unhappy with my Z, I'd get rid of it and go away - period.

I can only imagine that the reason somebody would start a thread like this is because they're looking to us for validation for their decision. He wants us to tell him he made the right decision and how much we wish we could afford to by a Corvette too.

My other impression of his postings is that because he works for a car dealership, he was expecting some kind of special treatment from the Nissan dealership. He got his feelings hurt because he was treated just like the rest of us.

When I was a kid growing up, I like many of you, fantasized about owning a vette. The summer before I graduated from college, I ran across one I wanted to buy. After taking it for a drive, I was disappointed to say the least. It was a typical Chevy rattletrap. About three months later I bought my first Z and never though about another vette again.

Several years ago, we bought a Chevy Astro van. What a POS. The money spent on repairs for that van over the 3 years it was out of warranty was half what I bought my first Z for. I never spent more that $1000 on repairs over the life of the two Z's I owned prior to the 350Z.

Good luck with your Vette. You're gonna' need it.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Amnbex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A buddy of mine's 'Busa makes your Vette feel like a Camry.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:05 PM
flightz71

Red face

have fun with ur chevy
Old 11-21-2004, 06:34 PM
reelmcoy

Originally posted by DavesZ#3

My other impression of his postings is that because he works for a car dealership, he was expecting some kind of special treatment from the Nissan dealership.

Several years ago, we bought a Chevy Astro van.
WRONG, I expect customer service, just like I provide to people. The Astro van is in the same league as the 350Z is.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:35 PM
reelmcoy

Originally posted by Amnbex
A buddy of mine's 'Busa makes your Vette feel like a Camry.
A Busa handles about as good a Camry, my Warrior can easily keep up with a Busa in the twisties. Have done this on many occasions with people I ride with.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally posted by reelmcoy
WRONG, I expect customer service, just like I provide to people. The Astro van is in the same league as the 350Z is.
Personaly If I was going to spend 50k on a car I would just go ahead and spend another 25k and get a porsche. Far more superior car then the corvette. The Fit and Finish of the corvette is cheap, all it has going for it is its engine.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:17 PM
tmsjz

why all the hate- Nissan is developing a rep for not stepping up to problems with their cars- all they have to do is be honest with their customers. step up to the problem explain what causes it and explain how it was fixed. instead they are stonewalling and leaving the customers at the mercy of the dealerships.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:32 PM
KrazY-2K

This guy's a complete troll. I'm actually glad you got rid of your Z. Goodbye and good riddance.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally posted by tmsjz
why all the hate- Nissan is developing a rep for not stepping up to problems with their cars- all they have to do is be honest with their customers. step up to the problem explain what causes it and explain how it was fixed. instead they are stonewalling and leaving the customers at the mercy of the dealerships.
You just describe every manufacturer.

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 11-21-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:10 PM
DBZ

Why should I spend my money a Nismo suspension when Nissan can't build a car right in the first place? Or at least even fix what they screwed up. The C6 is more than twice the 350Z. The Z51 handles better and rides better, 1/3 of the tire noise and hella lot more power. Screw Nissan.
You know at first I had some sympathy for you. However, you are just coming off as an emotional boob. BTW, how much more did you spend on the Chevy? I was playing around with the C6 at the OC autoshow and the white roadster that they had on display had a malfunctioning door release button on the driver's side and everyone had to have someone else open the door from the outside for them.

The Z certainly is not the model of reliability, however if you are concerned about replacing the tires every 8000 miles, good thing you never bought an NSX. They were notorious for premature tire wear.

Well, enjoy your C6, funny that you are still hanging out on the Z forum though, shouldn't you be on the C6 forum instead professing how you feel so much better owning a C6 to the NASCAR crowd over there?

Last edited by DBZ; 11-21-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:36 PM
DBZ

I think this is the problem, you have an entitlement issue. If you work at a dealer, then you of all people should know how fuct up it is in retail.

The only reason their even exists a customer service rep for these companies and at the dealership level is so that they can bribe disgruntled and scorn customers like you to give them a good CSI rating on all of their surveys.

Obviously, this Nissan dealer you have dealt with does not give a **** about your satisfaction. Or it could be that your "attitude" pissed them off and they decided, "Screw Point-dexter and his precious Z, we ain't gonna do **** for him."

Now we all know that dealership service personal are the most thoughtful, caring and patient folk on the planet. The fact that you are so easily riled and have so much venon in your attitude only demonstrates the type of dealership vermin we have to deal with.

So quite frankly, I agree with you, your Nissan dealership service staff are probably the biggest bunch of meathead yahoos around, however that is pretty much the entire industry. The same assh0le service writer that you dealt with will probably end up working at a Chevy or Toyota dealer and end up telling you the same company line for whichever vehicle you own.

"oh, sorry not much we can do, wow, tire feathering, we have never heard of that problem, uh, could not duplicate your concern, mmm, operates as designed, hmmm, your vehicle meets the factory specs, sorry." These are all dealership lines that I am sure you have memorized by now to tell your customers. So in a sense payback is a biatch, since you are at the receiving end of this type of miserable customer service.

I'll give you a hug if it will make you feel better.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:52 PM
AmateuRN

I'm sorry...But I can vouche for whoever said that GM [Chevy] customer service SUCKS. I had a 02 Monte Carlo SS before and everytime I took it in they did not do what I asked them and how to care for the car [lowered, body kit, underglows/strobes, etc] and did not work well with dips around the dealership [which they insisted on THEM pulling it out that way] and getting it up on whatever lift how they wanted while telling me I could watch from a distance as long I didn't cross the yellow lines [which is all well understood for insurance I suppose...but thanks Chevy for waiting until that back lift is open so I cant see it hidden behind the Truck/SUV]. On the other hand...I can't really complain because on my new G35C we told them repeatedly NOT to drill holes for the front liscence plate...what did they do...drilled holes...they'll fix it...one day...since the dealer is 5 hours away...
Old 11-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Mvirgin

Look guys - the 350Z was mine, not reelmcoys. It was my decision to get rid of it. Don't get me wrong - I LOVED my Z, but the plain and simple fact is that I don't drive it enough because of the tire problems and I could not see paying for a vehicle that I can't drive. My car had been at the dealer more than it had been home in the garage. Hell they had it on jack stands for 3 weeks at the dealership putting new tire and RIMS since they can't figure out how to get the damn tire off without scratching the rims. Sorry I just couldn't see paying 3k every 6 months for a brand new car. The C6 is the only other car out there that I saw and said SWEET so I bought it. It has a lot of cool things, will I love it more than my Z - only time will tell. I was fed up with the heartache knowing that Nissan is not going to just ADMIT there is a problem. I can't spend all that time at the dealer with the hassle that goes along with it. Life is too short. I have never bought anything but Nissan products before in my life but if they would have just acknowledge there was a problem and not giving me this crap about after 21k that they will give me a discount on tires then it might have been different. Don't get me wrong Don (the service manger) at Bankston in Nissan is a nice guy but that does not solve all the time, energy and effort it would take to get me to trust driving my Z. Reelmcoy works in the body shop - so no he very rarely gets to see the customer so all your THEROYS are wrong about him. He takes PRIDE in his work, as all should. I will miss the Z greatly. Will I miss the headache.......NO. I'm just really disappointed that they could not fix the problem. For everyone with all the negative comments please try not to HATE so much. Life is really to short.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:36 AM
shiva

Originally posted by flightz71
have fun with ur chevy
As if your Nissan was more prestigious? The Corvette C6 is better than the Z in practically every respect.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:25 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

reelmccoy/Mvirgin

Why are you still around? You made your decision, you got rid of the Z. Say goodbye, logoff and go away. Why do you feel the need to justify your decision or have us validate it?
Old 11-22-2004, 07:32 AM
Mvirgin

Originally posted by DavesZ#3
reelmccoy/Mvirgin

Why are you still around? You made your decision, you got rid of the Z. Say goodbye, logoff and go away. Why do you feel the need to justify your decision or have us validate it?
Why do you feel the need to be an A%%? I could give a **** what you think, I'm not trying to have U validate anything. I was simply stating the FACTS. If you have nothing nice to say why don't you "Say goodbye, logoff and go away."?
Old 11-22-2004, 07:37 AM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck with the C6 but i used to buy only GM trucks for my construction company but the horrible service and rude salesman made me go to ford (which is better but not by much!). GM service is the worst service i have ever seen. But the C6 is a nice fast car and i wish you the best of luck with it.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Mvirgin

Originally posted by Reggi914
good luck with the C6 but i used to buy only GM trucks for my construction company but the horrible service and rude salesman made me go to ford (which is better but not by much!). GM service is the worst service i have ever seen. But the C6 is a nice fast car and i wish you the best of luck with it.
Thank you The service so far has been good. We have now purchased 2 Vette's now so I hope they are good to us. They have been so far. I always loved Nissan, and I know it's not the service departments fault, it's the higher ups but they took too much time from my life. Happy driving
Old 11-22-2004, 08:15 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Mvirgin
Why do you feel the need to be an A%%? I could give a **** what you think, I'm not trying to have U validate anything. I was simply stating the FACTS. If you have nothing nice to say why don't you "Say goodbye, logoff and go away."?
Apparently you do give a **** since you keep coming back and arguing your position. I restate my position - the deal's done. You're no longer a Z owner. BYE!

Quick Reply: Thanks Nissan