Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Thanks Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Mvirgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by King Tut
The solution to the world's problems. If only everyone could drive a C6, then they would understand. No more terrorism, no more famine, no more hate.
Give me a break - don't be a dork
Old 11-24-2004, 12:42 PM
ktm
Banned

MVirgin, you came in here after your husband and tried to calm things down. Now you are becoming the same kind of intolerable troll that your dork of a husband is.

We're happy for you that you got the car that you like. Many of us like our Zs. We are not as emotionally impulsive as you.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:56 PM
350maxima

Originally posted by Mvirgin
Once you drive a fully loaded C6 you'll get it!!
The problem is you still "don't get it". The one thing I would like to know is what is the intention or goal of the initial thread? To vent about you Z problems, to rub it in peoples faces you have a C6, or to just be spiteful about it?

If you're trying to convert people to Corvettes, there is probably a much better way to do it than calling these guy's cars' a "Camry".

/off soapbox and on_personal opinion:
I don't care about Corvettes, I perceive it as a "redneck Ferrari", regardless of quality or cost. Right or wrong it's my opinion, hence why I don't hang out on a Corvette forum (hint hint).
Old 11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

He/she can't leave - at least not until she converts us all to Corvette lovers or we give them confirmation that they made the right decision.

Based on what I read from Consumers Reports, I won't regret my decision to buy a Z, but she'll sure regret hers. I don't care how good their service department is, the Vette has a documented history of bad reliability, based on information provided by vette owners, not us "haters".
Old 11-24-2004, 01:49 PM
ZZtopp

Maybe you should take your own advise. "Grow up and quit assuming things about people you don't even know just because it fits your simple minded scenario."
Braniac,

I didn't assume anything at all about you and your husband. You've proven quite clearly on your own that you are both insecure, ignorant a$$holes, whose only possible goal here was to start trouble.

I'm glad you love your Vette. Now go away girls and try to get an endorsement of your subsitute peni$ somewhere else.

By the way, are you a blond?

Last edited by ZZtopp; 11-24-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:15 PM
ROME

Going in friday for the window problem. 2nd time. Let you guys know how its go's with their awesome customer support.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:08 PM
DBZ

Oy Vey! I take a nap, eat a churro and come back home and this stupid post is still going. Well Z owners enjoy your Z and C6 owners enjoy your C6. This stupid post does not deserve this much attention. I say group hug and lets ignore this post.

No one deserves this much attention.

There are more important things in this world. Like whether or not to trade the Z for a GT-R when in arrives in a couple years.

Or figuring out the offset on your new wheels for the Z

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Old 11-24-2004, 03:50 PM
NzZ

Once you drive a fully loaded C6 you'll get it!!
I've recently driven a C6 Z51. Power was impressive, everything else in the vehicle was blah. The car doesn't sound very good either. Handling? Suspension is still soft and wallowy. Car feels huge. Tranny? Throws are still too long, and don't get me started with the stupid skip-shift. Exterior styling? Clearly they ran out of ideas after the front end - look at the tail. UGH. Interior? I don't care what anyone says, there is not one interior trim piece that is even comparable to the Z in terms of style..and the quality is worse IMO.

So if the Z is a camry, I'm sorry but the Vette is just an SRT-4. Another American, fast-by-numbers but utterly boring and uninspiring vehicle.

But I do want you to enjoy yours for the 3-4 years it will last..that's assuming that they've upped the quality from the C5.
CR has my back on this one.

NzZ
Old 11-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Michael-Dallas

Why isn't this thread locked yet? It went downhill starting w/ the first reply.

reelmcoy & mvirgin, I remember when you guys first joined the board. You were very excited about the Z and couldn't wait to get one. It's just so unfortunate that the "honeymoon is over" (as droideka once put it) and at the expense of tires. Best of wishes w/ the C6, it certainly is a great choice for a replacement.

However, the General does not always stand behind their products. My old daily commuter was a 1990 Lumina and it kept breaking the plastic window rollers. Even after 10 years, they did nothing to re-design or re-engineer them. After tearing the door panel off and replacing the window roller the umpteeth time, I decided it was simpler and less time-consuming to just tape my passenger window up w/ clear packing tape. Yes, I drove for a couple of years w/ clear packing tape holding up the passenger window.

I personally feel that the reason why NISSAN is taking no action on the feathering issue is because they do not see anything wrong. As you probably know, the 350z is a parts bin car and it does share the same suspension design w/ the G and FX. AFAIK, only Americans have complained about the feathering. And being a large and important market to NISSAN, I'd say we're lucky they are replacing tires for free.

Michael.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:36 PM
reelmcoy

Originally posted by Michael-Dallas

My old daily commuter was a 1990 Lumina and it kept breaking the plastic window rollers. Even after 10 years, they did nothing to re-design or re-engineer them.
Michael.
You do know this car was the replacement for the chevette. That explains alot. I currently have 92 Chevy 4x4 as a daily driver. 102k miles and uses about a 1/4 of a quart of oil to a change. Tranny fluid is still clear too and it doesn't chew up tires, and it is 4 wheel drive at that. The truck is an ex farm truck from Minnesota, no rust through yet either. Not bad for a 13 year old truck. Funny thing is I see more old chevy trucks than old Nissan trucks around. An the Lumina was a major pile of $hit, along with the beretta too. I had the displeasure of repairing those cars after they got hit. I wouldn't have wanted to be in one. But you can't compare a Lumina to the flagship car either. Would be like comparing a Sentra to the Z. But I bet the Sentra isn't feathering tires either.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Michael-Dallas

Originally posted by reelmcoy
Not bad for a 13 year old truck. Funny thing is I see more old chevy trucks than old Nissan trucks around.
2 words: sales numbers. Chevy and Ford just dominate that market. The Japanese haven't fully focused in the truck market until recently for that reason.

But you can't compare a Lumina to the flagship car either. Would be like comparing a Sentra to the Z.
That is true. However, I figure the amount of attention an auto manufacturer gives a specific model is directly proportional to sales numbers.

But I bet the Sentra isn't feathering tires either.
Actually, when I bought it from the previous owner, it did. The alignment was waaay out of whack and I got it re-aligned after new tires.

Anyway, this thread is 5 pages long and nothing new is being said. The C6 is a nice replacement, sad to see you guys were unhappy w/ the 350z, but c'est la vie. Now time to let this thread die.

Michael.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:39 PM
ZZtopp

The Godfather says:

I love dem Vettes.....real fast. Nissan...who dat?
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2004, 08:39 PM
obsidian02

SC 430 is not a sports car, too heavy and slow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not true, after drivin SC430 I think corvette feels like a truck.
SC430 is so far the most comfortable open car on the planet I have ever driven. It's fast enough if not as fast as corvette on the track, but don't try compare your corvette wit lexus, (both cars are built for street use anyway) it's like you trying to compare town house and a mansion. If you try to make sc430 bad, I suggest you look at the detail of both cars properly inside and out, and you know what I mean.
By the way, corvette is not much faster than Z, but F1 car is much faster than both Z and corvette. That is fast, probably not in 5 years from now.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:01 PM
TZUNAMI

Old 11-24-2004, 11:27 PM
340HP

What a waste reading those 5+ pages of useless and utter crap.

You like the Z but don't like service. Trade in Z, get Vette. End of story. Go to a Vette board. Cheer with your new buddies.

The thread should have had 1 response, tops.

Sheesh.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:55 PM
reelmcoy

Originally posted by obsidian02
SC 430 is not a sports car, too heavy and slow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not true, after drivin SC430 I think corvette feels like a truck.
SC430 is so far the most comfortable open car on the planet I have ever driven. It's fast enough if not as fast as corvette on the track, but don't try compare your corvette wit lexus, (both cars are built for street use anyway) it's like you trying to compare town house and a mansion. If you try to make sc430 bad, I suggest you look at the detail of both cars properly inside and out, and you know what I mean.
By the way, corvette is not much faster than Z, but F1 car is much faster than both Z and corvette. That is fast, probably not in 5 years from now.
I work in a Lexus body shop and have repaired many SC430's and driven them also. They weigh about 4k lbs. They are a tank. Lexus quality and customer service is the best in the business, but as fast a Vette? Not even close.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:00 AM
DBZ

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-25-2004, 09:17 AM
obsidian02

I work in a Lexus body shop and have repaired many SC430's and driven them also. They weigh about 4k lbs. They are a tank. Lexus quality and customer service is the best in the business, but as fast a Vette? Not even close.
Yes vette is faster than sc430, but by how much? I have seen both car on the track. Vette smoked the sc430 not like what I thought at the beginning (driven both by amateures) , actually it was not an easy job to take over especially track is quite narrow. One is faster than the other, I mean one is front the other behind, but overall both are the same street cars that are (in my mind) very slow (after watching the real sport racing formula one. Or if you want to see how corvette really perform, just go to other countries where people always take their cars in the track to compete, and there you see all kind of cars, GTRs, EVOs, STIs, NSXs, VEttes, ViPER , Modenas, GT3s, porsche Turbo, 350zs, M3s, Supras, S2000, and much more. You will be surprised to see that life is not so easy for corvette. Long life GTR (and that is made by NISSAN). This doesn't mean I dislike corvette. I think for the price corvette is a very good buy, and probably one of my choice if I have to get a second sport car. Overall, I don't think people buy corvette because it's fast, but rather the character the car has (probably the traditional looks of american icon, or etc.), and I don't buy the Z because it's fast either, but because it's unique.