Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Thanks Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 07:21 PM
reelmcoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Nissan

Just a quick thanks to Nissan for their lousy customer service and unprofessional handling on the tire feathering issue. Several calls and E mails and can't get a resonse. So today the wife and I traded the 350Z track in on a C6 Vette fully loaded. IMO it makes the Z feel like a Camry. So thanks to Nissan for the improved car I now own and congratulations on NEVER selling another Nissan product to my family again.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:28 PM
aaaaa

i see ur very pissed..

but u saying 350z feels like camry, .........

that's mean dude~...lol
Old 11-20-2004, 11:06 PM
DBZ

Nissan customer service sucks ****. However, I don't think GM is the epitome of great customer service, either. I have owned a Lexus and even their "excellent" customer service is questionable. You just need to buy the car you really want. Don't have any expectations of after sale service, warranty or otherwise.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:55 AM
reelmcoy

Originally posted by DBZ
Nissan customer service sucks ****. However, I don't think GM is the epitome of great customer service, either. I have owned a Lexus and even their "excellent" customer service is questionable. You just need to buy the car you really want. Don't have any expectations of after sale service, warranty or otherwise.
First, the dealership I bought my Vette from has great customer service. Had an issue with my ZO6 I bought in June and they fixed it my way, not GM's way. Plus I got a brand new truck as a loaner. Bad customer service is better than just flat out being ignored on a known problem. The C6 we bought has a deal with the warranty that replace the tires even if I pick up a nail, and I get a rental if I need it. I work for Lexus and our dealerships are known for their customer service all through Texas and Louisianna. We contacted Nissan on the 11th and several times after and still have not heard a thing from them. We feel like we were forced to get rid of the car since I don't feel we should have to buy tires every 8k miles for a defect that was built into the car.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Z-Stalker

The C6 we bought has a deal with the warranty that replace the tires even if I pick up a nail, and I get a rental if I need it.
My wife's highlander has that, so does my Tundra. It's a warranty from the tire manufacturer.

Z-Stalker
Old 11-21-2004, 05:30 AM
MikeW

Since you work for a Lexus dealership with impecable customer service, why didn't you buy a SC430? Does the SC430 drive like a Camry too?
Old 11-21-2004, 06:31 AM
tmsjz

Originally posted by MikeW
Since you work for a Lexus dealership with impecable customer service, why didn't you buy a SC430? Does the SC430 drive like a Camry too?

Probably.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:13 AM
zzz350

Enjoy your Chevy, suckerrrrr!
Old 11-21-2004, 07:14 AM
reelmcoy

Originally posted by MikeW
SC 430 is not a sports car, too heavy and slow.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:15 AM
reelmcoy

Originally posted by zzz350
Enjoy your Chevy, suckerrrrr!
Enjoy buying tires every 8k miles or listening to that ungodly roar, and no customer service, SUCKERRRR!
Old 11-21-2004, 07:19 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Thanks Nissan

Originally posted by reelmcoy
Just a quick thanks to Nissan for their lousy customer service and unprofessional handling on the tire feathering issue. Several calls and E mails and can't get a resonse. So today the wife and I traded the 350Z track in on a C6 Vette fully loaded. IMO it makes the Z feel like a Camry. So thanks to Nissan for the improved car I now own and congratulations on NEVER selling another Nissan product to my family again.
Did you buy a 2004 C5 Z06 or a 2005 C6? Your signature says 04 Z06. There isn't a C6 Z06 yet. Not due out until next year.

Never mind I see that you have or had a 2004 ZO6 too.

Last edited by ZPirate; 11-21-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Z-Stalker

The amount you lost on trading the track could have fixed the problem twice over. Install Nismo-S suspension with the next set of tires, which is what I plan to do. Since I wanted the suspension mod anway I could care less.

It seems like to me your's was more of an emotional decsion then a practical one. If you wanted the Vette all along I can understand, but trading the car purely because of the tire problem I can't.

I just bought a 2004.5 touring MT below invoice and financed at %2.0. If I had bought a 2005 without the finance deal the difference in my payments over the 5 years would be about the same as replacing the suspension.

Enjoy your Corvette, they are very nice looking. I would guess that customer service overall between Nissan and Chevy is about the same. Of course it does vary per dealership in your area. You seemed to have concluded the Chevy dealership you're working with will provide better service.

Regardless though, the Vette is a brand new model and no one knows what problems they will have down the road (and there will be some). Will they outway the tire problem on the Z in the long run? Only time will tell.

I don't know why you rag on the Z. It is nothing at all like a Camry. Your emotions seem to influence your posting, and most likely your value of the car you drive with regard to the problems it has. You may want to consider you won't be happy with most sports cars and consider something more reliable and trouble free, like the Camry for example.

Z-Stalker
Old 11-21-2004, 07:55 AM
TZUNAMI

Please do not feed the troll.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:35 PM
reelmcoy

Why should I spend my money a Nismo suspension when Nissan can't build a car right in the first place? Or at least even fix what they screwed up. The C6 is more than twice the 350Z. The Z51 handles better and rides better, 1/3 of the tire noise and hella lot more power. Screw Nissan.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:47 PM
rgcarmack14

I will respectfully differ on that one by experience. I own a redline touring 350 and my husband purchased a C6 about a month ago. I do have the s-tune suspension and he has the Z51 setup. We took his car on a weekend trip to the mountains of NC and we were both disappointed in the ride of a $50,000 car. A portion of the interstate was concrete and had some cracks and so forth on it. It rode awful as acknowledged by him. The C6 does have more power I will agree but the ride, in my opinion, is no where near mine while cruising. His car was roughly $20,000 more than mine but, for the ride, I will take mine any day. I had the feathering but chose to spend the 2 grand to add the s-tune. I absolutely love it and would do it over again. His second car is a '92 Seville and he usually ends up driving it a couple days a week just for the comfort. Our cars are not supposed to ride like Cadillacs, but, my friend, my car is far from a Camry as I traded in an '02 Camry for this Z. There is NO comparison.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:17 PM
TZUNAMI

Why should I spend my money a Nismo suspension when Nissan can't build a car right in the first place? Or at least even fix what they screwed up. The C6 is more than twice the 350Z. The Z51 handles better and rides better, 1/3 of the tire noise and hella lot more power. Screw Nissan.
Still having problems convincing yourself, let alone all of us, that spending 50K on a chevy was a good choice?

LOL

Go away.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Built2shredZ

If you go to the corvette forums you will see several problems with the corvette also.. Maybe you wont experience them, then again who knows.. Just like the feathering problem, not everyone is having this problem so its not Nissan Making a crappy car as you say... Although I can understand your frustration with them ignoring you, But I don't think its justifies you slamming our cars..

I thought i'd read some posts where members had the feathering problem fixed by a simple alignment.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:30 PM
mdracer76
Banned

My feathering problem was fixed by a simple alignment at the VERY friendly and efficient Nissan Dealership that I go to.. and they gave me 2 new front tires at the same time

You 350Z did not suck.. your the dealership you were working with sucked...

G'luck with your new car....
Old 11-21-2004, 04:41 PM
reelmcoy

We got two free tires and the alignment, didn't work. If you look around the site there is a poll on who the alignment worked for. The majority are still having problems. Our first tires were done at 11k and the second set after the alignment started about 6500 miles later. The wife wanted to trade the car more than I did. Bottom line for me is I feel I have a better car now, and it looks good next to the ZO6.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Chicken

Bottom line for me is I feel I have a better car now...
We're all glad for you, now...
Originally posted by TZUNAMI
Go away.

Quick Reply: Thanks Nissan