Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Which will be faster -- Z4m or 370Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 AM
cracka350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an '86 honda accord that has 3 different color body panels, runs on 3 cylinders and has the back drivers side window stuck down.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:04 AM
trebien

Originally Posted by Endgame
But, is the V8 confirmed?? What about the talk that BMW was going to a tuned version of the TT inline 6 for the M cars????
BMW has adamamently denied in the past that they would ever use anything but N/A engines in their M lineup.

Personally, I think they should. Their high compression/high HP engines in the M cars are gas guzzlers. A few years ago, nobody cared their M3 was getting 16/24 mpg. But when the new 335I with just as much power gets 19/29... the game changes a little bit. Especially with the HP wars. The new M3 is 14/20. Ouch.

Not to mention, it's easier and cheaper to use existing TT engines and just turn up the boost than continue to develop specialized, low volume, M versions of naturally aspirated engines.

They've got a great start with the 3.0 turbo engine, and now that 4.4 liter turbo engine. There's some power to be had. Turbos are the future... efficient AND powerful.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Endgame

Originally Posted by trebien
BMW has adamamently denied in the past that they would ever use anything but N/A engines in their M lineup.

Personally, I think they should. Their high compression/high HP engines in the M cars are gas guzzlers. A few years ago, nobody cared their M3 was getting 16/24 mpg. But when the new 335I with just as much power gets 19/29... the game changes a little bit. Especially with the HP wars. The new M3 is 14/20. Ouch.

Not to mention, it's easier and cheaper to use existing TT engines and just turn up the boost than continue to develop specialized, low volume, M versions of naturally aspirated engines.

They've got a great start with the 3.0 turbo engine, and now that 4.4 liter turbo engine. There's some power to be had. Turbos are the future... efficient AND powerful.
When I was more interested in the 135, I read an article on 135addicts that stated that future M cars WOULD be forced induction as well as lighten them! To your point, makes sense as the turbo cars can very easily make as much if not more power than the NA.

Guess we will see; either way, it will be fast.... and expensive!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
BaTMan_4

Originally Posted by 350Zforlife
So just because you've win the race doesn't mean anything.

You're NOT

a. A professional driver

b. The race wasn't done in a controlled environment.

c. Way too many variables.

Bench racing FTL .... I'll say it again, my couch will beat any car that on the road today. It's all fun and games until you have to race my couch.

A) I'm not but what does this have anything to do with this?
B) Did i say i raced them on the street?
C) Variable always exist on or off the track, it ain't like we are playing on Xbox/PS3 where ALL the variables are good/same.

Bench racing....do you know what that means because my post clearly says how i HAVE raced them plenty of times, not asking if my Z could beat a Z4?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:32 PM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by trebien

I had heard some musings that the new M5 may have a TT V10. I heard something about that on M5board I believe a while back. So they may be changing there spots if that rumor proves true. Time will tell but i adore NA and hope they stay NA but wouldnt mind at all to see TT used at some point in the future.

Ooooh looky here. Its an old article though. http://www.worldcarfans.com/9070910....ototypes-spied

Last edited by SnakeBitten; 10-23-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 AM
DiscoZ

Ok, lost my huge post. Takeaways:

1) Bench racing is stupid. I generally do not respond, but had to based on misinformation.
2) Z4M weights 3,230lbs with full tank of gas and a ~165-170lb driver, as per the BMW DIN kerb weight spec. Dry weight is around ~3,000lbs. Puts down 285-290whp on average, videos on Youtube. ESS tune + scoops have netted 317-318whp (check Zpost, Youtube videos are private). M coupe also has CSL brakes.
3) 2007 370Z scares me (as a M-Coupe owner)! I think if the car is built to spec, it will be a sick ride.
4) Check the TopGear track times for the Z4M, and this is with Contishits. BMW chose to equip the Z4M with crappier tires than the Z3M or the E46 M3 for some strange reason. Dragging is around low 13's/high 12's at 107-109mph, stock. People with mods have done low hundred teens in trap speed.

Cheers