Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

2010 370z leaked pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:18 PM
o
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nissan throws an event every year in Las Vegas. It's a big deal for Nissan. And yes they always show off there new cars. It appears that no one got a picture. (bummer) But, Yes I am sure the 370Z was there. The Las Vegas event is where Nissan show off there new cars EVERY YEAR!

Michael
www.350zsource.com
www.thezstore.com
www.zcarparts.com

Motorsport Auto
Old 05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
"....finally surfaced."???????

The guy posted the info a week and a half ago.....a couple hours after you tried to call bullsh!t on his post.......

BluZee says:

MC says:

Face it.......looks like the event happened......looks like the new Z was there in some fashion.......looks as if you're upset you had no clue as to said event......and unfortunately the janitor or waiter of the MGM isn't a my350z member to snap a "clandestine" pic.

I would trust Matt's source moreso than someone who cleans out the ashtrays at the hotel.
Lighten up, Francis. I'm not upset about anything, but you obviously are.

A Nissan event did take place...I never said it didn't. The lighting designer of the even said no new Z car was there...only a Nismo 350Z. He certainly would know if it really was there, but anything is possible. I have no faith in any Nissan sales person knowing the difference between the new car and the old one. They rarely know as much as any Nissan buyer. We all want to believe out sources, so why didn't these people who have supposedly seen it grab a picture? Did they confiscate hundreds of cell phones at the meeting? Were they led blindfolded and hog tied into a secret room?

If you don't think a week and half is enough time for a photo to surface, then get a clue. If the car was there, we'd have seen a photo within hours of the "unveiling."

Personally I wish the car had been there....I'd love to see it. I do however recall the myriad of phony sightings of the 350Z a few months before its debut in 2001. Some people get more excited than a little kid anticipating Christmas morning...and about as rational, too. I remember one big uproar over a photo that turned out to be a bad shot of a Lexus SC430. The proof is in the picture....period. Let's see it.

Finally, referring to people who do such work as "clean ashtrays" to earn a living and feed their families in such a demeaning manner says quite bit about you.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 05-29-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:36 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Last post out of me.....I'll let you get back to your CSI investigation......

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
Lighten up, Francis. I'm not upset about anything, but you obviously are.
You're obviously upset that such an event happened in "your" town without your prior knowledge...... I'm not the one being the "debby downer" in this thread.

A Nissan event did take place...I never said it didn't. The lighting designer of the even said no new Z car was there...only a Nismo 350Z. He certainly would know if it really was there, but anything is possible.
That really makes sense for Nissan to unveil/showcase a car that's been in production for some time now. It's all coming together for me now......

I have no faith in any Nissan sales person knowing the difference between the new car and the old one.
Likewise I have no faith in some random hotel worker knowing the difference.....

We all want to believe out sources, so why didn't these people who have supposedly seen it grab a picture? Did they confiscate hundreds of cell phones at the meeting? Were they led blindfolded and hog tied into a secret room?
Who know's....???? Maybe it was/is a big conspiracy...... Ask your "lighting" guy why there are no pics......

I'd just have to guess that either:

A. No one snapped a pic

or

B. If they did.....no one is clamoring just yet to post it at my350z or any other autoblog........

If you don't think a week and half is enough time for a photo to surface, then get a clue. If the car was there, we'd have seen a photo within hours of the "unveiling."
So....in your mind....no leaked picture = no new Z there

Personally I wish the car had been there....I'd love to see it.
I think we're now getting down to the "nuts and bolts" of your frustrations......

Finally, referring to people who do such work as "clean ashtrays" to earn a living and feed their families in such a demeaning manner says quite bit about you.
Show me where I made a derogatory remark about any of those guys or their profession. Please show me......

Throwing out the other sources of info in this thread in regards to the LV event.....Matt (who I know personally...I mention that because I know he's not gonna post bullsh!t) tells you his source is a NNA rep who said he was at the event and saw the new 370Z.......your source is a guy who set's up lighting for events which stated Nissan was unveiling/showcasing the Nismo Z.

BTW....I was with MC when he talked to his "connection".......

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming:

Old 05-29-2008, 04:12 PM
ZZtopp

Last post out of me.....I'll let you get back to your CSI investigation......

You're obviously upset that such an event happened in "your" town without your prior knowledge...... I'm not the one being the "debby downer" in this thread.

That really makes sense for Nissan to unveil/showcase a car that's been in production for some time now. It's all coming together for me now......

Likewise I have no faith in some random hotel worker knowing the difference.....

Who know's....???? Maybe it was/is a big conspiracy...... Ask your "lighting" guy why there are no pics......

I'd just have to guess that either:

A. No one snapped a pic

or

B. If they did.....no one is clamoring just yet to post it at my350z or any other autoblog........

So....in your mind....no leaked picture = no new Z there

I think we're now getting down to the "nuts and bolts" of your frustrations......

Show me where I made a derogatory remark about any of those guys or their profession. Please show me......

Throwing out the other sources of info in this thread in regards to the LV event.....Matt (who I know personally...I mention that because I know he's not gonna post bullsh!t) tells you his source is a NNA rep who said he was at the event and saw the new 370Z.......your source is a guy who set's up lighting for events which stated Nissan was unveiling/showcasing the Nismo Z.

BTW....I was with MC when he talked to his "connection".......

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming:

Here's one more taste of reality that will further upset your tummy: I called the sales manager at the dealership New Mexico who ordered my 2003 Z for me a few years back. He's the exception to the stereotypical ignorant car dealer....a total enthusiast who himself owns an APS TTZ and has integrity to boot. Was he there? Yes. Was the new 370Z there? (laughingly) No.

"Ask your "lighting" guy why there are no pics"......are you serious?? Maybe because.....duh......the new Z wasn't there, Captain Obvious!!?? And I doubt they were "showcasing" the Nismo Z as you assume (and something I never said). Probably just there to hype anticipation for the upcoming car.

But cheer up, Grumpy.....this thread is not only meaningless now, it will have even less meaning in six months when the car is actually revealed.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by MC
ok guys i talked to a guy today who was there at the event. he said they brought it up onstage showed it for a few minutes then whisked it away

so yeah i have 3 sources all independant of one another who where there and saw it

I guess our sources disagree. Why a Nissan sales manager and the lighting director of the event would have missed it completely makes absolutely no sense, but I'll certainly accept the possibility.....yet not one photo, on stage or off.....amazing. That must have been quite a broom they used to whisk it away.

I really couldn't care less if it was there or not. My interest lies in the possibility that if it was indeed there, some shots of it no doubt exist....that's what I'd like to see. Anything else is meaningless.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by MC
ok thats cool we can agree to disagree.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:27 PM
DomZ

Old 05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by MC
this is funny

ok guys i talked to a another guy today who was there at the event. he said they brought it up onstage showed it for a few minutes then whisked it away

im telling you guys it was there this is me now im not gonna lie.

so yeah i have 3 sources all independant of one another who where there and saw it

if you dont want to believe it thats cool but it was there up on the main stage

Old 05-29-2008, 06:10 PM
BluZee

Originally Posted by MC
he said they brought it up onstage showed it for a few minutes then whisked it away

Thats EXACTLY what my GM said. So you would think that there would be no reason to have special lighting or anything since the car was never just sitting there for people to look at.

Plus he is a car guy like myself and definitely knows the difference between a regular Z and the new 370Z.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:40 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by BluZee
Thats EXACTLY what my GM said. So you would think that there would be no reason to have special lighting or anything since the car was never just sitting there for people to look at.

Plus he is a car guy like myself and definitely knows the difference between a regular Z and the new 370Z.
Well common sense to me says they're not unveiling on stage the standard Z or the Nismo Z.........soooooooooooooooooooo.....
Old 05-29-2008, 06:41 PM
05Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the 370 looks like total ***.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 PM
ZZtopp

Last post out of me.....
Liar.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:10 AM
buzzardmountain

Liar.

What can I say.....you bring out the best in me.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:22 AM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by MC
this is funny

ok guys i talked to a another guy today who was there at the event. he said they brought it up onstage showed it for a few minutes then whisked it away

im telling you guys it was there this is me now im not gonna lie.

if you dont want to believe it thats cool but it was there up on the main stage
Showed it for a few minutes then whisked it away? I mean really, what's the point? That is so ghey!!! That's like bringing a nice cooked filet mignon in front of a bunch of hungry guys and whisking it away.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Endgame

Dudes.... I don't check this thread for one day and it gets all ca - razy!! I LOVE this forum!!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:07 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Showed it for a few minutes then whisked it away? I mean really, what's the point? That is so ghey!!! That's like bringing a nice cooked filet mignon in front of a bunch of hungry guys and whisking it away.
Honestly.....what do you expect. The unofficial official US unveiling won't happen until November. Look at it from Nissan's point of view instead of another forum member wanting a cell phone pic.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:12 AM
Diesel350

Honestly.....what do you expect. The unofficial official US unveiling won't happen until November. Look at it from Nissan's point of view instead of another forum member wanting a cell phone pic.
I meant what was the point of showing it for a few minutes then whisking it away? If it was an unofficial unveiling not open to the public why not let it sit there so everyone can look at it? Nissan acts like this is some type of top secret project with all these teaser pics and teaser showings.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:15 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I meant what was the point of showing it for a few minutes then whisking it away? If it was an unofficial unveiling not open to the public why not let it sit there so everyone can look at it? Nissan acts like this is some type of top secret project with all these teaser pics and teaser showings.
It's hard to pick up on sarcasm over the intertubes......are you being serious with that question?

I can't tell.....

Quick Reply: 2010 370z leaked pic