Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

2010 370z leaked pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 05:07 PM
BrianV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to chime in and say the headlights don't bother me and in fact I bet they will look pretty cool in real life. This happens on car forums all the time, people try to "defend" their current car; it's a natural reaction.

To me it looks better, it'll clearly be in another league of performance (straight and handling); NO BRAINER. The just turbo your current Z excuse, LOL. I've added FI to cars before and you better be prepared for the consequences. Transmissions, state inspections, dealer servicing, difficulty in selling car, difficulty in getting back to 100% stock, the list goes on.

You can't compare a stock car that does high 12s versus a modded one that does. Sorry...
Old 05-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Endgame

Originally Posted by Greg06
+1 and 35k isnt all that much anyway. 35-40k seems to be the average for most performance/sports type cars, new sti, evo, vw r32, bmw 1-3, g37, nismo Z etc. etc.

I always felt the current Z was being sold a little too cheap. Heck thats why the better equipped Z models cost 34-40K now. So wth is with all the whining about price? yes..I know some dudes buy no optioned base Z's for tuning etc. But for the majority who do buy the base. Is probably due to the affordability/low price. Regardless I think most of us are willing to pay more for better quality/performance...

Besides $35k + would yet again widen that ye ole gap most kids need to get across in order to get the car
Aman brother.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:26 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by e-tkt
Thursday night in Las Vegas Nissan showed a right hand drive 370 in Silver.
I call BS unless you can say where and what event this car was shown at. I live in vegas...I can easily check to see if such an event took place, so please prove me wrong.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:35 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
I call BS unless you can say where and what event this car was shown at. I live in vegas...I can easily check to see if such an event took place, so please prove me wrong.
+1, I highly doubt he's the only one who knew about the BRAND NEW Z debut in the states, lol.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:42 PM
kaizenro1

Not feeling the 370z with the provided pics. I'll be looking at the leftover 08's at discount.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Sco2355

Originally Posted by Greg06
+1 and 35k isnt all that much anyway. 35-40k seems to be the average for most performance/sports type cars, new sti, evo, vw r32, bmw 1-3, g37, nismo Z etc. etc.

I always felt the current Z was being sold a little too cheap. Heck thats why the better equipped Z models cost 34-40K now. So wth is with all the whining about price? yes..I know some dudes buy no optioned base Z's for tuning etc. But for the majority who do buy the base. Is probably due to the affordability/low price. Regardless I think most of us are willing to pay more for better quality/performance...

Besides $35k + would yet again widen that ye ole gap most kids need to get across in order to get the car

Why does the model of your Z play any part in who buys which? Most of the LA guys down here have base models just because they weren't worried about all the bells and whistles. What's even funnier is I'm one of the younger guys in the crew and I have one of these "better equipped z's" you're referring to, so I don't see why age matters.

The sports car being 35k probably won't make much of a difference in stopping younger people from buying it because it's still mommy and daddy's money they're spending. Plus compared to the other cars you listed it will look almost like a bargain to get the Z over the others. Granted there will be a lot less younger people driving them initially, but you'll still see some punk kid being careless in his 35k+ car.

The reason the price actually bugs me is simply because I wanted to get into a newer Z but I wanted to wait until the new model. If they up the price to 35k+ from the mid-high 20's it'll be next to impossible with the bills I currently have to get out of my car and get in a new one. Thank god I start my new job soon! Btw, this is no direct attack at what you said, it's 3:00am and I'm tired and bored. Hope no one takes this the wrong way.

/endrant
Old 05-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Endgame

Originally Posted by Sco2355
Why does the model of your Z play any part in who buys which? Most of the LA guys down here have base models just because they weren't worried about all the bells and whistles. What's even funnier is I'm one of the younger guys in the crew and I have one of these "better equipped z's" you're referring to, so I don't see why age matters.

The sports car being 35k probably won't make much of a difference in stopping younger people from buying it because it's still mommy and daddy's money they're spending. Plus compared to the other cars you listed it will look almost like a bargain to get the Z over the others. Granted there will be a lot less younger people driving them initially, but you'll still see some punk kid being careless in his 35k+ car.

The reason the price actually bugs me is simply because I wanted to get into a newer Z but I wanted to wait until the new model. If they up the price to 35k+ from the mid-high 20's it'll be next to impossible with the bills I currently have to get out of my car and get in a new one. Thank god I start my new job soon! Btw, this is no direct attack at what you said, it's 3:00am and I'm tired and bored. Hope no one takes this the wrong way.

/endrant
On this matter, it is not neccesarily the age of a Z buyer. When I was in my early 20's, I was buying mid range sports cars. It is more the maturity of the driver.

The cost of the Z starting from 35k will reduce the number of posers and idiots from buying this car. They will be the ones buying the 'cheap power' as they do not know what a REAL sports car is.

I just do not want to see four Zs at one stoplight; this will reduce that. If you are young, but true Nissan/Z fan, and you actually work hard to get the car you like, more power to you.

Granted, you will find idiots and spoiled brats in any type of car, I have seen many with Z's. As the Z matures, I expect its client base will mature. If Nissan does not sell as many as they did with the 350, no big deal as:
1- The higher cost of total sales will makes up the difference some.
2 - What is not made up will be covered with the rumored entry level sports car.

Nissan is doing the right thing in uptiering the Z. I have respect for those younger ones like you ^. You are of a different mind set.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:02 AM
iMikie

honestly, not that I would but throw a grille on the front and that thing looks pretty exotic, like an aston martin or something. not bad, but I would rather just keep my ride, 03 with 16,500 miles and nismo body kit, I love the look of my car.

Last edited by iMikie; 05-18-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:09 AM
iMikie

Originally Posted by aznxkrnxboi
i didn't hate the 06 lights.. actually love them since there newer version compared to 03 and up.. but the lights on the 370z is disgusting..
call me crazy but I like my 03 HID lights better than the new ones. I know the new HIDs are more intense, but I like the overall look of my 03's better.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:53 PM
enth05

To be honest, the new headlights have grown on me. Can't say that much for the concept pics of the rear lights.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:44 PM
e-tkt

Sure did not try to fraud anyone here, just simply provide some future insight if interested.

Nissan had a National Dealer Meeting in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. Wednesday reception, Thursday business meeting followed by a car salon.

Often Nissan will show close to release cars (09 Maxima/GT-R) along with future products such as the Cube and 370Z.

This was not a public release or showing and would not be advertised.

Very exciting time for Nissan with future launches.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Rowlett

Old 05-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Rowlett

I read a Car and Driver Quote, That the 2010 370z Will be avalible as early as 2009...

I didnt read thro the pages so if this is already covered than "repost"...
Old 05-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by Rowlett
Geez they just killed the look with those ugly *** boomerang headlights. What is Nissan thinking!! They should have stuck some GT-R headlights on it.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:59 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,268 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Am I the only one here who doesn't give a flying rats *** what it looks like? All I care about is the driveline and the driver/car interface.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Skorch

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Am I the only one here who doesn't give a flying rats *** what it looks like? All I care about is the driveline and the driver/car interface.
Probably.

Most people who bought a 350Z bought it not only for its performance but for its looks as well. A Z has a certain amount of sex appeal, and if the 370Z does not, Nissan will lose sales. That being said, I like the way it looks as far as what has been revealed already, and I'm very interested to see what the performance specs will be like.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:11 PM
rlee60

reserving judment until I see the real deal... period!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:53 PM
singh

Originally Posted by rlee60
reserving judment until I see the real deal... period!
There is a picture of the real deal a few posts above you.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:59 PM
bloodwings19

Some1 photochop this and it ain't that bad with those bat overlays.
Attached Thumbnails 2010  370z leaked pic-370.jpg  
Old 05-19-2008, 04:22 AM
in.the.dark

Why are you guys re-posting the crappy orange and yellow Z photoshops instead of the referring to the images from the Nissan slideshow, the Nissan teaser or the Mag-X article with pictures of an actual 370Z? Seriously, why?

Quick Reply: 2010 370z leaked pic