Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Z Focus Group - Tonight @ 7pm in West Los Angles

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:38 PM
muscarel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
An E46 M3 at 3400+lbs with 333hp and less torque does the 1/4 in low 13's and 4.7 to 60mph. I believe Ive seen 13.1 @ 107mph for the 1/4. If the new Z isnt doing better than that with that significant weight and torque advantage it has than its a waste. I believe we will see mid 4's to 60mph and high 12's @ around 110mph stock if it comes with good tires.

On the tire note it should at least come with 275-285 in the rears. I hated the 245's that came with my 05. Made the car look mis-porportioned. Especially pukeworthy when looked at it from the rear.

M3's mostly ran 13.3's at 107'ish. They also had a higher redline so I imagine the gearing might have given it more of an advantage. Has the new 370Z weight been confirmed? I bet it ends up doing low 13's at 107'ish just like the M3.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Greg06

Originally Posted by muscarel
Has the new 370Z weight been confirmed? .
Pretty much the only thing that has been confirmed is... That there will be a new Z ... Everything else stated here or on other forums? As most are just posting 3rd party info etc and it is after all a web forum ..

IMO If Nissan itself didn't officially announce it... Its not confirmed.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:03 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by Greg06
Pretty much the only thing that has been confirmed is... That there will be a new Z ... Everything else stated here or on other forums? As most are just posting 3rd party info etc and it is after all a web forum ..

IMO If Nissan itself didn't officially announce it... Its not confirmed.
Things confirmed:

If you overlay the images of the 370Z vs the 350Z, it is significantly shorter (approx 8") with a shorter wheelbase. This should make the Z lighter. Nissan has a goal of reducing the weight of their cars by 15% within the next couple of iterations. Both of these confirm that the new Z will be lighter than the current Z by approximately 200 lbs or 6.25%.

The new engine is the VQ37. This is confirmed by the leaked 370Z maintenence information and the fact that there is a picture of the 370Z with it's hood open. Waizzz stated in this very thread that at this meeting it was "confirmed that it would be the 3.7, with 330hp".

Release date has been confirmed to be the fiscal 2008 year, which ends Q1 of the 2009 calender year.

While none of these are precise, they are all confirmed.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:03 AM
zipgun

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
Things confirmed:

If you overlay the images of the 370Z vs the 350Z, it is significantly shorter (approx 8") with a shorter wheelbase. This should make the Z lighter. Nissan has a goal of reducing the weight of their cars by 15% within the next couple of iterations. Both of these confirm that the new Z will be lighter than the current Z by approximately 200 lbs or 6.25%.

The new engine is the VQ37. This is confirmed by the leaked 370Z maintenence information and the fact that there is a picture of the 370Z with it's hood open. Waizzz stated in this very thread that at this meeting it was "confirmed that it would be the 3.7, with 330hp".

Release date has been confirmed to be the fiscal 2008 year, which ends Q1 of the 2009 calender year.

While none of these are precise, they are all confirmed.
Their all confirmed huh? By who? You? Guess you clearly dont understand what 3rd party info means...

Everything you have mentioned came from either forum posters or magazine articles.

None are officially from Nissan (aka Nissan news etc) as the poster you quoted stated. Even that release date is tentative, a whole fiscal year is a long time you know.

No disrespect to Waizzz and others who Ie: "leaked" options lists and such. But do you guarantee them to be 100% for real? No. I dont think so.

Info from anon posters on a forum, leaked or not does not make it confirmed. All the same I'll wait till Nissan says whats what.

Last edited by zipgun; 08-26-2008 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 AM
zipgun

Double post...
Old 08-26-2008, 07:12 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by zipgun
Confirmed? By who? You? Guess you clearly dont understand what 3rd party info means...

Everything you have mentioned came from either forum posters or magazine articles.

None are officially from Nissan (aka Nissan news etc) as the poster you quoted stated. Even that release date is tentative, a whole fiscal year is a long time you know.

No disrespect to Waizzz and others who Ie: "leaked" options lists and such. But do you guarantee them to be 100% for real? No. I dont think so.

Info from anon posters on a forum, leaked or not does not make it confirmed.
Let me clarify once again. See definition below. Specifically 2. It has been verified by various sources that the new Z will be smaller (confirmed by overlay), verified to have the VQ37 (confirmed by photo and maintenance info) and verified to go on sale in the fiscal year of 2008 (confirmed by Nissan's own documents).

con·firmed (kn-fûrmd)
adj.
1. Being firmly settled in habit; inveterate. See Synonyms at chronic.
2. Having been ratified; verified.
3. Having received the rite of confirmation.

There is a difference between confirmed and precise. What you want is both confirmed and precise. Here is precise (specifically 2 is what you are referencing):

pre·cise (pr-ss)
adj.
1. Clearly expressed or delineated; definite: The victim gave a precise description of the suspect.
2. Exact, as in performance, execution, or amount; accurate or correct: a precise measurement; a precise instrument.
3. Strictly distinguished from others; very: at that precise moment

Now this is all semantics, but precision in conversation is key to efficient communications.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:33 AM
zsport1

Oh boy, here we go again....
Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by zsport1
Oh boy, here we go again....
Nah, I just want to be clear that there are things we can check off as knowing about the new Z. Something doesn't have to come from Nissan's PR team to be confirmed by other means. Others may not realize the accumulated pieces of information we have, including the mantenance information (where the hell is that thread anyhow?), and all that we have directly from Nissan.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
zsport1

Nah, I just want to be clear that there are things we can check off as knowing about the new Z. Something doesn't have to come from Nissan's PR team to be confirmed by other means. Others may not realize the accumulated pieces of information we have, including the mantenance information (where the hell is that thread anyhow?), and all that we have directly from Nissan.
I was joking ITD
Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 PM
brooke

Not bashing the new z at all, I just hope they make well needed improvements to the new model... I was really hoping for a special edition Turbo model... Only time will tell....
brooke
Old 08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3,000 lb curb weight with the 3.7L G37 engine will be fantastic for performance. I always wished the current generation Z was lighter. Less weight and more power is the key, and Nissan has hit it right on the dot with the 370Z!

It doesn't matter what anyone says on here, if all goes according to the speculation, then the new 370Z will be a success.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Greg06

Originally Posted by brooke
Not bashing the new z at all, I just hope they make well needed improvements to the new model... I was really hoping for a special edition Turbo model... Only time will tell....
brooke
I hoping that the next Nismo edition (if there is gonna be one) will have more power than the std Z. Unlike like the current Nismo.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Their all confirmed huh? By who? You? Guess you clearly dont understand what 3rd party info means...

Info from anon posters on a forum, leaked or not does not make it confirmed. All the same I'll wait till Nissan says whats what.
This is a very valid argument in my opinion.

Nothing that I have seen or what others have posted may be 100% accurate until the car is sitting in your driveway.

There may in fact be changes to what I have seen, and I wouldn't be surprised if they happened between now and the November showing.

That being said, I'm cool with my Z33 for quite awhile..
Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
theintimmydator

Agreed. Nothing from Nissan. Nobody knows anything yet.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:30 PM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by theintimmydator
Agreed. Nothing from Nissan. Nobody knows anything yet.
Thanks for clarifying. I guess I don't know there's going to be a 3.7L Z with a shorter chassis and wheelbase coming in late fiscal 2008. You don't speak for me, or anyone that recognizes what we do know. Some of what we know may not be precise, but we are far from in the dark.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:03 PM
brooke

One would think the car would be more exposed by now and more accurate info availible besides spectulation... I'm ready to pull the trigger on someting soon. Hate to say but the corvette is looking pretty good with the 0% financing....
brooke
Old 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
zsport1

but we are far from in the dark.
No pun intended, right?

I think we probably know for the most part what we are getting. But I also think what the guys are trying to say is nothing is concrete until Nissan presents the car to us.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
twitch579

I call BS on this.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Endgame

Originally Posted by brooke
One would think the car would be more exposed by now and more accurate info availible besides spectulation... I'm ready to pull the trigger on someting soon. Hate to say but the corvette is looking pretty good with the 0% financing....
brooke
I hear you there.... If the Z had a DCT confirmed, I would wait. Does not look that way however.....

Decisions, decisions...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by twitch579
I call BS on this.
On what?

Don't even get me started..

Quick Reply: Z Focus Group - Tonight @ 7pm in West Los Angles