Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Just read the good news in R&T.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:47 PM
aznguy370z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z/300zx
How is he owned? That was back in 2002 when he obviously had a C5. The C6 is far superior to the C5 in quality and equal, if not better, in quality than the 350z.

I think the guy complained about his wives audi too. I'm thinking that he either has very bad luck with cars, wants a flawless car, or is never satisfied.

I predict the rattles in the c6 will make him trade it in for a 370z.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:59 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Actually what I find funny, is this ZZtopp guy posted this a while back:

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/5/1714030

Re: compare these vehicles
Posted by: ZZtopp
Date: December 26, 2002 02:33PM

Other than 0-60 times, the Z excells in all other areas. My 2002 Z06 started to rattle like a snake after about six months....the build quality was terrible for a $50,000 car. A used one for less than $30,000 will give you great performance but will be only slightly better than a Camaro in quality. It just depends on what's most important to you.

I replaced the Z06 with a 350Z track model. I miss the power of the Vette, but I enjoy the handling, styling, and quality of the Z much more. I'm sure I'll be checking out the C-6 in couple of years, but for now, I'll stick with the Z.

or

Re: compare these vehicles
Posted by: ZZtopp
Date: December 27, 2002 10:10AM

I was going to....but when a new rattle developed just about every week (the kind of rattles you can't even find...like behind the speedometer), putting $12,000 into that car suddenly seemed pretty foolish. The car seemed to be falling apart before my eyes.

I thought I might consider the new Viper, but over $80,000 for car that supposedly now cooks it's passengers from excess heat in the cabin seems ridiculous......and the car's build quality is probably even worse than the Vette's. I'm not a Porsche fan, so I'll hope for some decent mods for the the 350Z, and I'll wait and see if GM gets their act together with the C-6 Corvette.

That's right...it was a C5...a real POS.....and GM did get their act together with the C6...in spades. So what's your point? I find it amusing that you really spent the time to sift through my old posts. Do you have any kind of life at all???? Phuckin' hilarious.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:12 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by aznguy370z
I think the guy complained about his wives audi too. I'm thinking that he either has very bad luck with cars, wants a flawless car, or is never satisfied.

Nope.....no rattles in the C6 vert I had for a year and a half, and the coupe is going on 16 months and is also perfect. I'm very satisfied. Trade the Vette for a 370Z? You're joking, right? As for the various comments about the interior, it's not Audi quality, but it ain't bad...much better than the current Z. Certainly easier to accept than the ugly styling of the GTR.

The Audi has been in the shop countless times for many different issues. POS

MY '03 350Z wasn't too bad, but really started to go downhill after the APS TT was installed. MY '05 350Z was a total POS, needing two trannies, a gas tank, window motors, etc. I kept it only six months.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 PM
ZZtopp

And the Tall Gearing cancels out the Vette over 140+ vs the GT-R.

Sorry I have been in a C6 Vette, and it's quality isn't there. Painted plastic dashs, hollow dashs, cheap plastic everywhere.

See, you just proved you are a Corvette Fanboi. You supposely OWN two C6s, or do you mean your parents?

But IMHO, I would still own a ZO6 over a GT-R due to price and maintenance.
WTF is a hollow dash?

FYI, you need to read a bit more carefully...obviously you have the time and you've proven how important I am in your little world so you need to get things right. I have only one Vette...the coupe is my current car. I had a c6 convertible. BTW, I'm flattered by your interest. If you want an autographed photo, PM me.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:29 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol that's a good find.
He complains about the rattles and poor build quality of the vette.
It may have been a C5, but it seems any car he currently owns is the best over any past car.

C6 isn't that much different over a C5. It is a improvement but not a huge improvement.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZZtopp

MY '03 350Z wasn't too bad, but really started to go downhill after the APS TT was installed. MY '05 350Z was a total POS, needing two trannies, a gas tank, window motors, etc. I kept it only six months.
Well, this makes me laugh. You think the Z or any car would be reliable after installing some high power mods like a APS TT? Think again. Don't blame the car, blame yourself.

My 07 Z has been solid since I bought it in August of 07. Not one rattle, not a single problem, been to many driving events with it as well.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 PM
HoustnZ

Why do you assume I care that GM is having financial problems? Too bad for them, good for people who want to buy a Vette. Nissan is the Japanese equivalent of Ford.....such elitist views are a joke. 150,000-200,000 miles? Yeah....THAT stupid number determines what car I buy.

I don't care how good a car the GTR is...and it IS damn good....but it's one ugly, fat beatch that borders on being an SUV. Check out the size of this monstrosity:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2092668
If you hate Nissan and the Z so much why do you hang out on a Z forum? You get kicked of the Vette forum so now you have to come stirr things up over here?
Funny how the fat and ugly GTR beats out the Vette time and again. Fat car with seating for four.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
HoustnZ

Ya, zztwitt likes to wine and cry like a baby about how crappy the 350Z is and how fat and ugly the GTR is yet he hangs out on this forum.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by HoustnZ
If you hate Nissan and the Z so much why do you hang out on a Z forum? You get kicked of the Vette forum so now you have to come stirr things up over here?
Funny how the fat and ugly GTR beats out the Vette time and again. Fat car with seating for four.
I still love the Z....my 300ZX twin turbo was an amazing car...kept it for eight year and 80,000 miles. Maybe they'll get it right again with the 370Z. Oh, and thanks for at least admitting the GTR is fat and ugly. You're right. "Seating for four".......wow...that's my dream car.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
ZZtopp

Well, this makes me laugh. You think the Z or any car would be reliable after installing some high power mods like a APS TT? Think again. Don't blame the car, blame yourself.

My 07 Z has been solid since I bought it in August of 07. Not one rattle, not a single problem, been to many driving events with it as well.
The TT had nothing to do with causing the rattle and squeaks...it was just the timing. I'm glad yours is good, though. Too bad it's underpowered.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:15 PM
ZZtopp

It may have been a C5, but it seems any car he currently owns is the best over any past car.

C6 isn't that much different over a C5. It is a improvement but not a huge improvement.
Clueless as usual. The C6 is night and day over the C5....but what do I know....I've only owned two of each.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
HoustnZ

The Corvette has power, no doubt. But the build quality really is inline with all the other crappy a## GM products. Which explains why GM is struggling.
A car company that just doesn't get it.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Endgame

So are we talking about the next gen Z or the current Vette here??????

The Vette does interest me. Power, nice price point, handling, etc. BUT I am on this forum because I love the Z. Saw a NICE silver one on the way home from working out. Got me all hot and bothered in anticipation of the new one.

Nissan.....rock on. And for the record, I LOVE the GTRs looks.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM
CadGeek

MY '05 350Z was a total POS, needing two trannies, a gas tank, window motors, etc. I kept it only six months.
LOL! BS. Learn to drive a stick next time. I don't buy any of your story. You sound young. I have owned a C6 and it was a great car "for a chevy" but, by no means did it have the build quality of my Z.

Every one of your posts reaks with envy and anger that the GTR has outperformed the C6 in every way that is important. Adding a "it is a technical achievement...blah blah blah" at the end of your spew isn't fooling anyone.

Take care
*hugs*
Old 09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
WestRace

That's right...it was a C5...a real POS.....and GM did get their act together with the C6...in spades. So what's your point? I find it amusing that you really spent the time to sift through my old posts. Do you have any kind of life at all???? Phuckin' hilarious.
I recently test drove a 2006 C6 but wasn't impressed at all. For a sport car, it feels sort of big and heavy. The steering, clutch, and tranny feel sort of clunky and almost like a truck. The car feels more like a muscle car than a proper sport car. When I shift, the entire chassis clunks and shudders. It doesn't have the "tight" feel like say a German car. I am sure it's pretty fast but I definitely do not like it one bit.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:37 PM
vnarang

Aight, wtf is R&T? Are they credible?

dont believe it. why is everyone off topic?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
vnarang

ibtl
Old 09-03-2008, 10:25 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by CadGeek
LOL! BS. Learn to drive a stick next time. I don't buy any of your story. You sound young. I have owned a C6 and it was a great car "for a chevy" but, by no means did it have the build quality of my Z.

Every one of your posts reaks with envy and anger that the GTR has outperformed the C6 in every way that is important. Adding a "it is a technical achievement...blah blah blah" at the end of your spew isn't fooling anyone.

Take care
*hugs*
"Envy and anger"?? Not at all. The only thing I might be angry about is that Nissan created a great performance car and it's too damn ugly to look at. I'm not defending the Corvette or GM.....I'll be driving something else one day soon I'm sure. My only loyalty is to me, not some car manufacturer. And when did I ever say the Vette out-performs the GTR? My non-Z06 certainly will not, and the Z06 will have a hard time with it as well. The ZR1 will destroy it but it's $30K more, so it should. Competition is what makes cars better. My C5 was crap and cars like the 350Z (although underpowered) forced GM to make the C6 better. Hopefully the 370Z will raise the bar again.

I'm anticipating the next Z as much as anyone....and unlike those who follow me from thread to thread and repeatedly attack me, I don't blindly love or hate any car. I take them on their own merit. I've owned quite a few over the years, blown a small fortune on my passion for them (I'm a charter member of the "more money than brains" club), and your perception of me is completely wrong.

So what C6 year and model did you own? And you got rid of it to get Z? If so, why?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 PM
ZZtopp

I know we're way off topic, but here's a good honest comparison by a guy who owns both:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...381&highlight=
Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 PM
350Zforlife
370Zforlife

followed by . IMO apples to oranges.

But, i'lll say this, going from 350Z to C6 vette = upgrade. Going from C6 vette to GTR = upgrade. Going from C6 vette to 350Z = Downgrade. I'll def say this though, GM is trying to get their sh*t together. They are really giving their best to upgrade the interiors in their cars (long term complain from everyone).

Last edited by 350Zforlife; 09-04-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Just read the good news in R&T.