Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Just read the good news in R&T.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 PM
black06z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need some new information, not this comparison with Corvette vs GTR.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:04 AM
350Zforlife
370Zforlife

Old 09-06-2008, 04:14 AM
zguyd3

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
Actually, I'm very good looking, and drive a Caviler with a big V8 as an attempt to compensate for my very small *****
fixed
Old 09-06-2008, 04:38 AM
SnakeBitten

I dont know why some of you think the Vette is in the 370z league. They are not direct competitors at all regardless of which level Vette you choose. Notice that they targeted the Cayman S and not a C6 Vette with the 370z. Neither Cayman S nor 350z are in the normal Vettes performance league or catagory so arguing about the 350-370z vs any Vette is stupid and the Z will always lose performancewise. Thats just the cold hard facts. Even the M3 has stepped out of our Z's performance league and is actually in the base Vettes league performancewise. We have to face facts that the Z's focus has shifted from taking on the big dog Vettes/Porsches to being the best affordable sportscar under 40k. The 300zx will be the last Z pegged for big dog killing as the GTR has that mission now. Saying this doesnt make the Z crap its going to have stunning performance, IN ITS LEAGUE.

BTW the GTR and ZR1 both lost the Ring title. A non factory effort ACR Viper took the title with a 7:22 at the Ring with only 4 laps and 3 days preparation. Nothing close to the prep and setup the ZR1 and GTR benefited from. The V-spec GTR has its work cut out for it as its the prevailing professional theory that the ACR is a 7:15-7:17 car if it gets properly setup. Nissan has a time to beat now with the V-Spec. Heres hoping they dont stop tweaking till they get under 7:20 at the Ring
Old 09-06-2008, 05:59 AM
HoustnZ

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten

BTW the GTR and ZR1 both lost the Ring title. A non factory effort ACR Viper took the title with a 7:22 at the Ring with only 4 laps and 3 days preparation. Nothing close to the prep and setup the ZR1 and GTR benefited from. The V-spec GTR has its work cut out for it as its the prevailing professional theory that the ACR is a 7:15-7:17 car if it gets properly setup. Nissan has a time to beat now with the V-Spec. Heres hoping they dont stop tweaking till they get under 7:20 at the Ring
Ya, I already knew about the ACR. My point was not that the Spec V was king of the ring, but that it has a better lap time than the Vette
"The best Ring time" is an ongoing competition between car manufacturers. Someone will come along soon and take out the ACR.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:36 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

...did you mean 45O hp? 35O don't sound like much for a 3.7L engine...I may be wrong, though!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 AM
GodSendsDeath

So I have all this homework to do, but here I am reading this crap on my350z.com. Well I think I might eat some apple jacks or frosted flakes what you guys think? I mean Apple jacks was on special for $2.50 at wally world and frosted flakes was a whopping $3.25 that's crazy.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:53 AM
cambo350z

Originally Posted by Greg06
Some old same with those 2...

Hey..that's my pic of my pets!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:49 PM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by HoustnZ
Ya, I already knew about the ACR. My point was not that the Spec V was king of the ring, but that it has a better lap time than the Vette
"The best Ring time" is an ongoing competition between car manufacturers. Someone will come along soon and take out the ACR.
Agreed. Would be nice if its the V-Spec that does it
Old 09-06-2008, 05:24 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by zguyd3
I tried to fix ZZtopp's post but it was merely a weak attempt at humor and I just couldn't keep my hidden gay impulses out of this thread. Sorry everyone. I know I'm pathetic, but at least I'm out of the closet, now.

There you go, dip$hit.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:35 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
If that's true, then the GTR V Spec is indeed the king of the ring for now.

Unfortunately, the GTR is still like an ugly chick who is great in bed.....you can only stand her with the lights off. I'll take the smokin' hot one that is just about as good....and may actually be better depending upon the "driver."
Actually, the Viper ACR is the new King of the Ring....7:22.1. That's 4 SECONDS faster than the Corvette ZR-1 and it was done by a guy who has never driven the ACR before and he did it in 3 laps, with media presence to back it up (unlike Vette, that did it in solitude, so it's only a "manufacturer claim" that they did it in 7:26.)

And, I'm getting tired of all the childish BS in this thread and the multiple reports of bad-conduct. Please keep it on topic or I'll close the thread and start handing out 1 week vacations. Please.

Thanks.

ETA: Didn't see snakebitten's post above...He's almost right except that Viper's trip to the ring WAS factory sponsored.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:41 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by HoustnZ
I predict that nobody will touch the ACR any time soon. If you study the 7:22 lap, there was LOTS of room for improvement there. I believe mid-teens could be had with a little more time. It's hard to beat a car that produces 1000 lbs of downforce at 150 MPH on a course like the ring. Even if someone beats the 7:22 time, eventually someone will run an ACR well better than the existing time.

Regardless....these are great times to be a car enthusiast! Whether you like American muscle with lots of tech gadgets (Vette), American Muscle that you actually have to know how to drive (ACR), or you like import power and styling with cutting edge electronics (GT-R), there is something for everyone.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:42 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by kcobean
Actually, the Viper ACR is the new King of the Ring....7:22.1. That's 4 SECONDS faster than the Corvette ZR-1 and it was done by a guy who has never driven the ACR before and he did it in 3 laps, with media presence to back it up (unlike Vette, that did it in solitude, so it's only a "manufacturer claim" that they did it in 7:26.)

And, I'm getting tired of all the childish BS in this thread and the multiple reports of bad-conduct. Please keep it on topic or I'll close the thread and start handing out 1 week vacations. Please.

Thanks.

ETA: Didn't see snakebitten's post above...He's almost right except that Viper's trip to the ring WAS factory sponsored.
Awesome......American muscle rules again.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:41 AM
WestRace

Originally Posted by kcobean
I predict that nobody will touch the ACR any time soon. If you study the 7:22 lap, there was LOTS of room for improvement there. I believe mid-teens could be had with a little more time. It's hard to beat a car that produces 1000 lbs of downforce at 150 MPH on a course like the ring. Even if someone beats the 7:22 time, eventually someone will run an ACR well better than the existing time.

Regardless....these are great times to be a car enthusiast! Whether you like American muscle with lots of tech gadgets (Vette), American Muscle that you actually have to know how to drive (ACR), or you like import power and styling with cutting edge electronics (GT-R), there is something for everyone.
The ACR for all intentions and purposes is a race car. I doubt anyone will want to drive this car everyday to work. Personally I wouldn't want to drive a C6 Corvette everyday either for different reason. I think at heart the Corvette is built more like a muscle car. The big engine just dominates the chassis. Whenever I shift it into gear, the chassis shakes and shudders. The drive train feels very truck like ... just the opposite of a true sport car.

Last edited by WestRace; 09-07-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:56 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by WestRace
The ACR for all intentions and purposes is a race car. I doubt anyone will want to drive this car everyday to work. Personally I wouldn't want to drive a C6 Corvette everyday either for different reason. I think at heart the Corvette is built more like a muscle car. The big engine just dominates the chassis. Whenever I shift it into gear, the chassis shakes and shudders. The drive train feels very truck like ... just the opposite of a true sport car.
I agree, but....that doesn't change the fact that it's a production sports car....the king of production sports cars. (yeah, I know, my bias is showing. )
Old 09-07-2008, 01:21 PM
SnakeBitten

Wether or not the ACR is comfortable daily depends on the nature of your hardcoreness. Ive read a few have driven theirs hundreds of miles home from the dealer and didnt feel uncomfortable. I think its just that cars have become rolling living rooms nowadays that a back to basic but still relatively comfortable car like the Viper seems like a torture device by comparison. The ACR has the same interior as the regular Viper and can be had with all the creature comforts any Viper has if the buyer so chooses. Suspension and Aero is the biggest difference so it aint so far removed from its more streetable variant as some like to point out, to somehow devalue its time at the Ring. It has adjustable suspension and sticker tires like we all put on our streetcars. Even see the dive planes and wings on alot of hooked up cars on the street. The only difference is that the ACR tweaks were done factory and they were tuned by professionals and actually work. Its a streetcar with a racing pedigree a la GT3, Scuderia etc.

Reminds me of a dude I knew with a stripped out Civic that was pretty fast [no ac etc]. It was his daily. It creaked and was hot and rode like a paint mixer with its coilover suspension. Yet he used to roast the Viper as a pos because of its low gloss interior and firm ride from what he heard lol. Its all relative people. Id happily drive any Viper daily if I could only fit comfortably lol.

Anyway on topic Ill deffinately consider trading in my Z for the 370z even if its not too pretty rather than dumping 10-15k into my current ride for a TT.

Last edited by SnakeBitten; 09-07-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:00 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
Wether or not the ACR is comfortable daily depends on the nature of your hardcoreness. Ive read a few have driven theirs hundreds of miles home from the dealer and didnt feel uncomfortable. I think its just that cars have become rolling living rooms nowadays that a back to basic but still relatively comfortable car like the Viper seems like a torture device by comparison. The ACR has the same interior as the regular Viper and can be had with all the creature comforts any Viper has if the buyer so chooses. Suspension and Aero is the biggest difference so it aint so far removed from its more streetable variant as some like to point out, to somehow devalue its time at the Ring. It has adjustable suspension and sticker tires like we all put on our streetcars. Even see the dive planes and wings on alot of hooked up cars on the street. The only difference is that the ACR tweaks were done factory and they were tuned by professionals and actually work. Its a streetcar with a racing pedigree a la GT3, Scuderia etc.

Reminds me of a dude I knew with a stripped out Civic that was pretty fast [no ac etc]. It was his daily. It creaked and was hot and rode like a paint mixer with its coilover suspension. Yet he used to roast the Viper as a pos because of its low gloss interior and firm ride from what he heard lol. Its all relative people. Id happily drive any Viper daily if I could only fit comfortably lol.

Anyway on topic Ill deffinately consider trading in my Z for the 370z even if its not too pretty rather than dumping 10-15k into my current ride for a TT.
Not to stray too far again, but...how tall are you? I'm a hair over 6'4" and with a 2" seat lowering kit in my Gen-II ACR, I'm very comfortable...put over 1200 miles on it in under a week going up to VOI-10 in Detroit, and it was a pleasure.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
LordCisor

Originally Posted by Greg06
Mister Jordi LaForge, you slick bastard.

lmao @ the gif.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread Jacked!!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:48 PM
bloodwings19

I thought I was reading a 370z Road & Track thread, instead the bashing of Vettes and GTR. As an owner of LS3 and a '05 Z, both cars have its good and bad. When GM handed a list of recalls recently, Escalades, Tahoe, Silverado, etc were on the list, but not Vettes. I've come to the conclusion that after 650 miles on the LS3, the Z is really an all-around sports car. I really like the Z for quietness on relaxed driving and growling on hurry mode, on the Vette, it seems too rushy and too panicking. I've owned a C5 Z06, and C6 is a much better in every phase (easier shifting, low noise, better interior, Xenon, body integrity [c6 is just a little better], etc...) except the styling, IMO. I think the 370z is going to be a better than the 350z, but I don't think it will be like from C5 to C6. If I was looking for a first sports car, I go with the 370Z, but if I had the money, I'd go for the C6 Z06. And if I had money, money, I'd go for GTR and Z1.

Quick Reply: Just read the good news in R&T.