Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370z Pic Surfaces

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 AM
in.the.dark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kinjal
doesnt really make a difference... any shorter = too short. its like taking away platform shoes from a midget.

im just saying... the current z is the perfect size. any shorter would look ridiculous, at least for me.
The 350Z was HUGE for a coupe. That was a terrible trend with cars like the Z. The 350Z was becoming more of a grand tourer than the traditional sports car that its heritage suggests. And what are you going to loose? That useless space between the rear strut towers and the drivers space is where most of the length is coming out of. Are you really going to miss that? Some of us are excited about the return of the Z to its roots and I'm sure there will be plenty of grand tourers available to you (G37 for example) if you think that the new Z is too small.

If it is simply a matter of looks, then perhaps the longer wheelbased, tourer car proporitions are more to your liking than the go-cart like looks carried by many traditional sports cars.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 09-20-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:01 AM
theintimmydator

^^^ what he said. Z was always more on the side of a gt touring aspect of sports cars. I LOVE that Nissan is going back to it's true heritage and roots. Good job Nissan!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Demon Z

I, for one, am really stoked about the styling direction Nissan is taking with the Z. It doesn't look terribly different from the current car, but taking subtle cues from its predecessors, instead of attempting a blatant copy of a former success (I don't need to name names) Taking a few inches out of the back of the car makes it look more similar to the original Z, which is still a great looking car- 70's era details notwithstanding.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 AM
scottohio03

As long as the interior dimentions dont shrink I will buy one but I will wait until second production year. That will give me a year to save after paying my 06 off. I am planning on keeping the 06 as well.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:10 AM
bauertt

buying a first year product is always risky. The 350Z was plagued with issues in it's first run ranging from transmission to wheel wear to simple things like the window motors. Even the GT-R has it's first year issues...

I'd say second year 370Z is a good choice for sure.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:36 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by bauertt
buying a first year product is always risky. The 350Z was plagued with issues in it's first run ranging from transmission to wheel wear to simple things like the window motors. Even the GT-R has it's first year issues...

I'd say second year 370Z is a good choice for sure.
If there is no mechanical difference, or not a significant one, then the VQ37, suspension, transmission, etc have all been in production for quite some time. The Z is the LAST car to be migrated to the new version of the FM platform, so should see the fewest issues as the entire platform has been thoroughly sorted. I will not be waiting as I don't really see any point at this time. Should there be some significantly new elements added to the engine or something, I may hesitate, but I doubt it.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:47 AM
shadykilla717

For everyone bashing the 350 for its size and lack of power. Drive one with an HR. You'll QUICKLY change your mind about it being slow. If the styling is that much better and say they magically put a factory turbo in it. That's all I want to make me trade my 08 in. Otherwise I'm very happy with the HR and its power. Style alone won't be enough for me to get it. I would rather a turbo.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:12 AM
SnakeBitten

Once released I wonder how long the 370z's design will take to make the 350z look dated? Still cant make out enough to say if I like it or not. Porportions look a little too stubby and that was a reason some hated the 350z. 370z is even stubbier and that just accentuated the roof line and makes the car look tall. Same feelings alot shared with the 350z when it came out vs the 300zx low, wide look. I shall wait and see before I cast final judgement.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Endgame

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
The 350Z was HUGE for a coupe. That was a terrible trend with cars like the Z. The 350Z was becoming more of a grand tourer than the traditional sports car that its heritage suggests. And what are you going to loose? That useless space between the rear strut towers and the drivers space is where most of the length is coming out of. Are you really going to miss that? Some of us are excited about the return of the Z to its roots and I'm sure there will be plenty of grand tourers available to you (G37 for example) if you think that the new Z is too small.

If it is simply a matter of looks, then perhaps the longer wheelbased, tourer car proporitions are more to your liking than the go-cart like looks carried by many traditional sports cars.
Second that...
Old 09-20-2008, 12:10 PM
kihun

I Want One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 PM
davidgaddy

I love it but I will have to get a RX-8 because of the rear seat but new Z is going to be hot IMO you get more car for your money with the RX-8 I can deal with less hp I think
Old 09-20-2008, 11:00 PM
ZZtopp

Great find!!! Finally a good profile. I was a little worried about the drooping window line, but it looks perfect in this shot. I think they nailed it....this car will rock.

Based on previous photos it seems the window shape might look something like this:
Attached Thumbnails 370z Pic Surfaces-revised-roof.jpg  

Last edited by ZZtopp; 09-21-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:47 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the post, great pics. The 370Z is looking better and better each time I see it. I just hope it sets a new bar with its performance like the GTR.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 AM
kinjal

Originally Posted by bigcloud
I absolutely love the new 370z I will more than likely get one since the GT-R is now in the 80k. Didn't want to spend that much so I'll go with the 370z.
i dont know why people keep comparing the gtr to the 370z. sorry to break it to you guys, but they are completely different cars. its like comparing sl65 amg to the slk350. just a tad bit different, dont ya think?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
cavallino33

The the rear end profile looks kind of odd, but maybe its just all the tape and crap. We'll see I guess.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 AM
zsport1

I like what I see so far. This car is going to be sweet
Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Endgame

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
Great find!!! Finally a good profile. I was a little worried about the drooping window line, but it looks perfect in this shot. I think they nailed it....this car will rock.

Based on previous photos it seems the window shape might look something like this:
That that the forum has your approval ZZ we can all move forward in our lives.

Seriously though. I must agree, Nissan appears to have nailed it. One of the Nissan dealership guys that chimed in on the fact the the 370 was at the Vegas event said "Some will like it more than the GT-R". I think he is right. This car has some serious potential looks wise. The more and more I see of this car, the more I think S3. While the camo'd 'performance version' this car runs with looks like a modded S3. SO HAWT!

As for setting another performance bar, remember this is to fight the Cayman, Z4 (M), etc. I think Nissan will not let us down. Where can I sign the purchase agreement???
Old 09-21-2008, 01:54 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Endgame
That that the forum has your approval ZZ we can all move forward in our lives.
Was that really necessary? At least I try to contribute something helpful: I did the PS cutout of the camo car on the shipping truck, and I tried to reveal a better (still a guess) look at the window line in the photo on this thread. Just what the hell do you contribute here?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Endgame

It was just a joke ZZ..... I, at least, never take jokes/attacks to the personal level.

I do think that was the 2nd PS of the newer pics. It is much appreciated man.. Just having some fun on a Sunday..

simmer down there fella...
Old 09-21-2008, 02:15 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Endgame
It was just a joke ZZ..... I, at least, never take jokes/attacks to the personal level.

I do think that was the 2nd PS of the newer pics. It is much appreciated man.. Just having some fun on a Sunday..

simmer down there fella...
"***** you." Hey, that was just a joke. Don't take it personally.

You need to find a better way to have fun on a Sunday.

Quick Reply: 370z Pic Surfaces