Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370Z vs Solstice Coupe GXP

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:32 PM
teh_ginger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bauertt
Solstice is a Sunfire with a new look. In 10 years, let us know how the quality of your product is holding up.

Solstices are junk, but girls like them.. as in, if you're a girl, GREAT RIDE OMG but if you're a guy.. you might be better served in anything else.

So yeah, Z over GXP all day/night long. Just my two cents
Ignorance is bliss. Nissan and Pontiac are identically ranked by JD Power accross the board, including quality.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...tings-by-brand

The rest of your ******** commentary isn't even worth replying to....

Originally Posted by Zyclone Z
Owning a Z is owning a Z. How would you tell a really hot girl what kind of car your drive when you have to say I Drive A Poniac Solstice GXP (lol) or I drive a Z Most girls know what Z's are. Im pretty sure now with the 370z coming out it will be even more of an eye catcher at first site no matter where your at as apposed to the solstice which looks the same as all the other poniac solstices... To me this shouldn't be a hard choice, 370z hands down.
The sad thing is that you think owning a NISSAN somehow makes you cooler than owning a Pontiac.

And I love how in your comparison you put an emphasis on the brand when you say "Pontiac Solstice", but you fail to mention the brand when talking about a "Z". It's "Pontiac Solstice" versus "Nissan 370Z". Most women, contrary to what your shallow, dumbass thinks, are going to hear Pontiac and Nissan. Neither is very impressive.

Last edited by teh_ginger; 11-15-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Endgame

Originally Posted by teh_ginger
And I love how you in you comparison you put an emphasis on the brand when you say "Pontiac Solstice", but you fail to mention the brand when talking about a "Z". It's "Pontiac Solstice" versus "Nissan 370Z". Most women, contrary to what your shallow, dumbass thinks, are going to hear Pontiac and Nissan. Neither is very impressive.
Disagree there... Many of the VERY HAWT and sophisticated women I know are enamored with Z's. Just like many do not relate a Vette Chevy, many do not relate Z to Nissan.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 PM
whoady4shoady

Owning a Z is owning a Z. How would you tell a really hot girl what kind of car your drive when you have to say I Drive A Poniac Solstice GXP (lol) or I drive a Z Most girls know what Z's are. Im pretty sure now with the 370z coming out it will be even more of an eye catcher at first site no matter where your at as apposed to the solstice which looks the same as all the other poniac solstices... To me this shouldn't be a hard choice, 370z hands down.
Sounds like you base your manhood and image to much off of a car. That is sad IMHO. I by the car I like cause I like it, not to impress others. I could care a less what people think about me because of what I drive and or wear for that matter.

I especially find it funny that you seem to feel you must impress a girl with the car you drive.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:50 PM
whoady4shoady

Originally Posted by Endgame
Disagree there... Many of the VERY HAWT and sophisticated women I know are enamored with Z's. Just like many do not relate a Vette Chevy, many do not relate Z to Nissan.
You must only chase the blondes then.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Endgame

Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
You must only chase the blondes then.
LOL!!!! No, it is a very diverse group.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:46 AM
whoady4shoady

Originally Posted by Endgame
LOL!!!! No, it is a very diverse group.
LOL, good stuff.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:48 AM
370Zfanatic

IB4TL
Old 11-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Zyclone Z

Originally Posted by Damon_Chambers
it sounds to me the only reason you are into the Z is for chasing skirts and showing off?
If that was my main intention of owning a car, I doubt I would have chosen a Z. A little bit of common sense goes a long way. Don't take what I said out of context. If any person needs a car to keep a girl, that is horrible. This is an opinion based topic, I don't see how my opinion and your post has anything to do with this thread. If my comments are a bit to strong for you, by all means take a deep breath, then come back and talk to me. Same goes for the other guy who "tried" to lash out at me lol.

I Drive a Z. Not a Poniac Solstice GXP lol...Hate it or love it.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:22 PM
whoady4shoady

If that was my main intention of owning a car, I doubt I would have chosen a Z. A little bit of common sense goes a long way. Don't take what I said out of context. If any person needs a car to keep a girl, that is horrible. This is an opinion based topic, I don't see how my opinion and your post has anything to do with this thread. If my comments are a bit to strong for you, by all means take a deep breath, then come back and talk to me. Same goes for the other guy who "tried" to lash out at me lol.

I Drive a Z. Not a Poniac Solstice GXP lol...Hate it or love it.

You gave your opinion on the GXP as if it was a fact, and I think that is where the problem came in. Im not even a solstice fan, but I must give credit where credit is do.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Damon_Chambers

Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
You gave your opinion on the GXP as if it was a fact, and I think that is where the problem came in. Im not even a solstice fan, but I must give credit where credit is do.
exactly. the delivery of your opinion was very matter-of-fact. i agree with what you are saying as far as it being a "chick magnet" more than the solstice, but the way you said it made you sound like a 19 year old that wants to go hit the clubs every weekend to pick up girls in your hawt car.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:47 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The closest thing to a Solstice I've driven is a "base" Saturn Sky. It has almost 21k miles in it, and the 3rd gear was already grinding. The car is as cramped as a Miata. It's just not that comfortable, and it didn't have much of a sporty feel to it. It might serve it's purpose, but it's not a friendly daily driver.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Damon_Chambers

Originally Posted by DIGItonium
The closest thing to a Solstice I've driven is a "base" Saturn Sky. It has almost 21k miles in it, and the 3rd gear was already grinding. The car is as cramped as a Miata. It's just not that comfortable, and it didn't have much of a sporty feel to it. It might serve it's purpose, but it's not a friendly daily driver.
i would agree. they had 2 skys at the dealer when we bought my wife's vue last year. imo they are beautifully designed cars. i didnt drive one, but did sit in it. for a daily driver i was thinking how unpractical and uncomfortable it would be, whereas the 350z cars ive driven have all been very comfy cars in comparison.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:53 PM
HoustnZ

Who cares about the Solstice? GM is going to go under anyway so why buy a car from a manufacturer that can't stay in business without the govt bailing them out?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 AM
CaliTouring

Originally Posted by Nuieve
I thought I'd start another "vs" thread... there can never be too many of them.

Both 2-seat, short, have about the same HP and TQ, Solstice weighs less and supposedly has better handling but crap interior. I don't know about the prices, but I assume GXP will be quite a bit cheaper.

So... anyone considering GXP as 370Z competitor?
i had one of these GPXs keep up with me till about 120 in my 335 then it was smooth sailing after that.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:06 AM
pingbling23

GM will not go out of business, but i like the performance of the solsitice but i would take my old Z any day. we shall see about the performance of the new Z.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bauertt
Solstice is a Sunfire with a new look. In 10 years, let us know how the quality of your product is holding up.

Solstices are junk, but girls like them.. as in, if you're a girl, GREAT RIDE OMG but if you're a guy.. you might be better served in anything else.

So yeah, Z over GXP all day/night long. Just my two cents
Right, because the Sunfire was a front wheel drive reskin of the Cavalier and the Solstice is rear wheel drive. That one "minor" difference blows up your entire point and proves that you know nothing about cars in general.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 AM
robbiesZ

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
Right, because the Sunfire was a front wheel drive reskin of the Cavalier and the Solstice is rear wheel drive. That one "minor" difference blows up your entire point and proves that you know nothing about cars in general.
GAT DARN BUDDY YOU JUST BEEN WAY TO BE BRYAN. OH and BTW i will also put myself up on the chopping block here with my opinion. I prefer the 350 over the 370 the lights and front bumper on the 370 is a bit too aggressive to flow with the rest of the otherwise smooth lines of the car. but to stay on point with the OP's question. 370 over GXP. just the visual asthetics are more pleasing with the 370.

all my own opinion if it seems i was stating facts my bad.. not intentional
Old 11-19-2008, 11:12 AM
WTX350Z

the buttface of the solstice is enough for me to say "pass".

no need to list more reasons. when I see the car I think "damn that's ugly". so it'd be punishment for me to have to drive that ugly of a car.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:21 AM
ToddMcF2002

Originally Posted by HoustnZ
Who cares about the Solstice? GM is going to go under anyway so why buy a car from a manufacturer that can't stay in business without the govt bailing them out?
You mean like Nissan's bailout in 2003?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
newtkindred

Originally Posted by teh_ginger
Ignorance is bliss. Nissan and Pontiac are identically ranked by JD Power accross the board, including quality.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...tings-by-brand

The rest of your ******** commentary isn't even worth replying to....

I wanted to buy a Solstice until I kept seeing the bad reviews. You compare Pontiac with Nissan only, which really skews things. Look at the reviews for the Solstice and you will discover that it rates consistently average or below average in quality even from the source you sited.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/Pontiac...rtible/ratings

Overall IQS: Below average
Overall mechanical quality: Below average
Powertrain Quality Mechanical: Below average
Body Interior Quality Mechanical: Below average

Quick Reply: 370Z vs Solstice Coupe GXP