Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Test drive today....

Old 01-03-2009, 11:05 AM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How would you compare it to the existing models?
Does it feel "at home" when you get in the cockpit?
Does the engine drone after awhile (what RPM?)?
Does it feel smaller and lighter (my existing Z feels heavy under acceleration)?
Also, how's the doors? The current Z doors are heavy and it catches the wind easily (it was a bad day).
As for suspension, did they manage to get rid of the annoying bounce?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 AM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DIGItonium
How would you compare it to the existing models?
Does it feel "at home" when you get in the cockpit?
Does the engine drone after awhile (what RPM?)?
Does it feel smaller and lighter (my existing Z feels heavy under acceleration)?
Also, how's the doors? The current Z doors are heavy and it catches the wind easily (it was a bad day).
As for suspension, did they manage to get rid of the annoying bounce?
I loved the interior, doors seemed fine to me, didn't notice any annoying drone, didn't feel smaller and lighter than my last Z, and the bounce is definitely gone....suspension is sweet.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:32 AM
sandthepilot

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
I loved the interior, doors seemed fine to me, didn't notice any annoying drone, didn't feel smaller and lighter than my last Z, and the bounce is definitely gone....suspension is sweet.
The bounce is somewhat annoying, good to know the ride is much smoother.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:30 PM
scrapser

I just got back from seeing my first 370 at my dealer. It was a black base model priced out at just over $32K. I didn't drive it...didn't need to as my feelings about the car were simply confirmed as soon as I saw it. But I did spend some time looking it over inside and out and saw something I didn't pick up on in photos.

The cockpit seems really confined compared to the 350 but what I picked up on was the dashboard...the entire dashboard from left to right is nearly vertical like a wall. I'm 5'10" and even with the seat back I still felt like I was on top of the steering wheel and instrument cluster. The 350 dash has much more of a waterfall design that slopes down towards you.

I also don't like how they mounted the two knee pads on either side of the console creating sort of a lip on each side and the soft leather boot that fills the space in front of the shift and between the kneepads. It looks like a patch job and for those who don't clean their car frequently will become a real dust trap (especially black). These are little things admittedly but they add up.

But so what...driving home I realized there's a silver lining to all this. I'm in a really good position right now and will be for the foreseeable future. My 350 will be paid for in March and will only have 16K on it even though it will be 3 years old. The 370 has killed any desire for me to upgrade which means I'm free of the upgrade bug, will be driving a damn good looking legendary car with low miles, no payments, low maintenance, and great resale value if and when I decide to get another car. I'm thinking if Nissan doesn't come up with something better next time around, I'll have saved enough to add to whatever I get for my 350 and will probably go for a GTR or Audi R8.

To everyone who likes and buys the 370...have fun! I'm sure you won't be disappointed as I was.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:34 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Okay, guys, ZZtopp posted his thoughts after a test drive. Personally, I was pleased to read it.

Don't turn this into a Vette vs Z or auto Vs. Mt rant deal.
, enough of this stupid threads as it is.

Interesting review, I think the biggest difference is just the styling, which is very subjective for each individual, performance apparently isn't a big increase
Old 01-03-2009, 01:30 PM
CadGeek

I got a chance to drive a red touring model this afternoon. It was a stick. The leather and interior materials are better than my Z. I like how they fixed the cup holder issue (they are separate allowing the use of both at the same time.) I can't fit 2 cups at the same time in mine. small issue, yes.

The push start was "neat". I don't like the left guage pod. The fuel meter being little "blips" is annoying.

The car drove geat and it was fun. I noticed the increase in power and the rev matching shifting was awesome.

All in all I "liked" the car. I bought my 06 back in August after seeing pics of the 370 and am not interested in trading.

FYI the salesman was great considering he knew I wasn't buying. they complimented my car on how clean it was. I didn't even have to ask for a test drive. The owner of the lot offered it to me.