Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

My local dealers won't let me drive 370z!act like it's a gtr!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:30 PM
cambo350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My local dealers won't let me drive 370z!act like it's a gtr!

OK..i have an 06 Z. my bro has a titan..I used to work at this local nissan dealership..me and bro both bought our nissans there. we get there and they say we can't drive them unless we want to buy it and would have to fill out a buyer's order and the managers don't want to put miles on them. I said "how the hell am i gonna want to buy a car if i can't drive it!" the salesman(whom i used to sell cars with) says "well we do this for the GTR." I said "this is a 30K vehicle not a frickin GTR!". So we left..I then call another local dealership and told them this and he said come on over and you can drive it. so we get to the 2nd dealership..me and my bro both know this guy from the gym..he gets the keys and I wanted to drive the 7-speed auto since i have an auto z33. my bro is waiting till after i drive to drive the manual..so i go with the salesman on the drive(review below).I get back and my bro is getting ready to drive the manual and the manager comes out and asks if i'm ready to buy it and i say no. he get's all pissed and says "well why did we do all this and let you drive it?" I said i like it but i'm not ready to buy today. He then won't let my bro drive the manual cause we weren't ready to buy that day. i argue with him a little about needing to test drive a vehicle b4 purchasing and he starts talking crap..my bro's like fine...let's go.there was also a guy there that was ready to buy the black manual one. the manager says that really he wasn't supposed to let me drive it..u have to fill out a buyer's order and if you don't want it they tear it up..well we left and my bro didn't drive the manual..he was really looking forward to it! how the hell is nissan gonna sell these z's with this attitude in this economy! yes initially you will have these impulse buyers that will do this when a new design comes out and buy without driving but in a few months they will have these cars sitting on the lots and wishing there were more interested buyers. Those bastards!!!!!!!!I'm so pissed! it's not a frickin GTR for goodness sake..they are acting like it is!

well anyways my review of the drive..1. handles better overall..hugged the turns..didn't feel any body roll at all..very flat. 2. paddle shifter was nice. very responsive..had the minus for the downshift on left and plus for upshift on right. 3. definately faster than my 5 speed auto..noticeble difference.4.overall better in every aspect..i didn't think i would notice much of a difference and wasn't expecting it but i did. 5. i would buy if my funds were available but i still owe too much on my z33..that's why i wasn't ready to buy today!..maybe in 6 months or so.

UPDATE: I went to the gym today and saw the black 370z that my brother was gonna test drive there. the guy that was there at the same time bought it. I talked to him for a while at the gym..he traded in an 08 nagora red 350z..his payments were like $550 for 72 months. he admitted it was an impulse buy and that it was a stupid purchase but he said really wanted one..and said "they better not come out with a 380z next year!"

Last edited by cambo350z; 01-04-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:35 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

some dealers are d!cks like that, the stealership I bought my nismo z from wouldn't even let me test drive it untill the deal was almost done, they probably won't even let people sit in their GTR.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 PM
PA 19103

Some dealers are dicks, do you really want to buy a car from this dealer with their attitude knowing you will go back for service? I wouldn't bother with it. Just go to another one.

The dealer near me just got a white AT w/ Sports package. They just got it off the truck and needed to be cleaned so we didn't get to drive it but they said come back and they will let us to take it for a spin. That's the way to do it, they need to be nice and generous so customers will come.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:43 PM
cambo350z

after today nissan really turned me away with them..makes me wanna go get a used c6 vette. was looking at autotrader..you can get used 07 and 08 vettes for 35-40k! stock 430 hp!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:44 PM
bruddahmatt

If you're not gonna buy or at least not ready to buy, GTFO. You're wasting people's time. You should know that better than most having worked at a dealership before. They're absolutely right. Why rack up miles on the few units in inventory you have by wasting time giving tire kickers test drives. When a serious buyer finally does show up, he or she will be put off by the extra mileage on the clock. If all you want is a test drive, wait a few months until they have more in stock to go test drive an older unit or if they have a demo, drive that.

When I would see my previous customers and my friends with Infinitis in service, I'd sometimes offer them test drives on new products, but ONLY if it was a really slow day and I had absolutely nothing to do and I'd try to do it using old stock. How would you have liked it if you found out your '06 was being whored out to a bunch of idiots with too much spare time on their hands?

I will say however, that with car sales as low as they are at the moment, if I were still in the car business and you showed up and expressed interest in the new Z, I'd probably let you take one out for a quick spin knowing that you probably weren't going to buy.

Last edited by bruddahmatt; 01-03-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:46 PM
militia

power trippers ftl
Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chill out bro, it's cool bro.

just wait a little while bro, trust me bro, in 09 when no one is buying sports cars... bro, you will be their god.

talk to you later bro!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:56 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Cry baby.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:58 PM
OldDirty Z33

+1 to all
Old 01-03-2009, 02:05 PM
cambo350z

Originally Posted by bruddahmatt
If you're not gonna buy or at least not ready to buy, GTFO. You're wasting people's time. You should know that better than most having worked at a dealership before. They're absolutely right. Why rack up miles on the few units in inventory you have by wasting time giving tire kickers test drives. When a serious buyer finally does show up, he or she will be put off by the extra mileage on the clock. If all you want is a test drive, wait a few months until they have more in stock to go test drive an older unit or if they have a demo, drive that.

When I would see my previous customers and my friends with Infinitis in service, I'd sometimes offer them test drives on new products, but ONLY if it was a really slow day and I had absolutely nothing to do and I'd try to do it using old stock. How would you have liked it if you found out your '06 was being whored out to a bunch of idiots with too much spare time on their hands?

I will say however, that with car sales as low as they are at the moment, if I were still in the car business and you showed up and expressed interest in the new Z, I'd probably let you take one out for a quick spin knowing that you probably weren't going to buy.

when i was a car salesman..i wanted people to drive the cars! cause that's how you hook them into liking the car!for instance since i miraculously was able to test drive it today..i wanna get into one even sooner than expected..I would of not felt that way if i didn't drive the car especially coming from owning an 06 Z..you wanna see if the upgrade is worth it! I am interested..just not today..and the dealership that is the nicest in letting me drive a car will get my money! and u said it yourself in this economy if you were a car salesman you would let somebody like me test drive! I don't want to rag on the car..i wanna see if the car is worth the price tag and me trading in my car for it. people are more hesitant to spend money these days and dealers need to buy into that if they want to sell cars.. they won't be as impulsive in buying.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by cambo350z
when i was a car salesman..i wanted people to drive the cars! cause that's how you hook them into liking the car!for instance since i miraculously was able to test drive it today..i wanna get into one even sooner than expected..I would of not felt that way if i didn't drive the car especially coming from owning an 06 Z..you wanna see if the upgrade is worth it! I am interested..just not today..and the dealership that is the nicest in letting me drive a car will get my money! and u said it yourself in this economy if you were a car salesman you would let somebody like me test drive! I don't want to rag on the car..i wanna see if the car is worth the price tag and me trading in my car for it. people are more hesitant to spend money these days and dealers need to buy into that if they want to sell cars.. they won't be as impulsive in buying.
I agree 100%. However when the first shipment comes in it's a different story. You only have a few cars to sell and it would suck to have a buyer be put off by high mileage on one of your first in stock because you gave out demos to folks who weren't even serious. There's no 100% correct answer to give in all honesty. Because I've had people who were genuinely "interested" turn around and be wowed enough to buy on the spot and I've also had a*sholes who I needed to have pull over and switch seats with because they thought it would be cool to redline a G37 with 5 miles on the clock.

I do think there are better ways for the store you visited to handle giving out test drives though rather than simply saying "you need to sign this first."

Last edited by bruddahmatt; 01-03-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:21 PM
london2012

Does anybody know if these have hit dealerships in Denver or Colorado Springs?

So far digging on the internet I've found posts from people in Houston, Las Vegas, all over Florida, New Jersey, Cali, Missouri, and Maryland who have test driven the 370.

TIA!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the first dealership simply felt that you and your brother just wanted a joy ride and weren't seriously interested in purchasing cars at this time. After all, you used to work there and presumably they know you.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
cambo350z

Originally Posted by dhays
Maybe the first dealership simply felt that you and your brother just wanted a joy ride and weren't seriously interested in purchasing cars at this time. After all, you used to work there and presumably they know you.
we both bought our nissans there.and i would of bought a new z from there when i was ready.I left the dealership cause i wanted to do something else when i worked there..it was just too hard to be car salesman part time. i left with no hard feelings. i gave them no intentions of just going for a joy ride.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:43 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by london2012
Does anybody know if these have hit dealerships in Denver or Colorado Springs?

So far digging on the internet I've found posts from people in Houston, Las Vegas, all over Florida, New Jersey, Cali, Missouri, and Maryland who have test driven the 370.

TIA!
If you go to Woodmen or Academy Nissan (same owner), tell the owner I said to GFH. He is a ***** and one greedy POS! Thats all!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:49 PM
90TGP

I would be doing anything to sell a car with today's market. All dealers do that with highly anticipated cars when they first hit the showroom.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:50 PM
aznguy370z

I don't think nissan told dealers to only let people test drive if they're buying.

How quick did the auto shift? Did it feel like .5 secs? I went to 2 dealers today.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Zstealth

thank god im not the only one.it happen to me when i was bought to get my 350z.Some Nissan stealership are a$$ ho..!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:18 PM
cambo350z

Originally Posted by aznguy370z
I don't think nissan told dealers to only let people test drive if they're buying.

How quick did the auto shift? Did it feel like .5 secs? I went to 2 dealers today.
i know it just felt faster shifting than in my auto in tiptronic mode.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Glentismichel

A lot of Stealerships are filled with asses..

Quick Reply: My local dealers won't let me drive 370z!act like it's a gtr!