Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Edmunds- 2009 370Z vs 2010 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Ribo68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of each and I love them both. I'd also have a '69 Camaro and a new Ferrari if funds permitted. I LIKE CARS!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Rexy7

Originally Posted by GodSendsDeath
Well how everything in the interior is put together. The fit and finish was very bad, and I discovered all of this when I was installing my sound system. At a quick glance it seems very sturdy, but when you start looking around kick plate and follow that trail you will see somethings are off by nearly a inch.
I am not sure what all these parts are called, but those where my problems with it. Looks great but is not all that.
I admit that even the minor upgrade in interior materials on the 07-08 still not great is still not quality standards but for me still has the sports car feel to it. I am not paying for interior quality or materials..where the z fills my needs is the handling and performance and the bang for buck product the z delivers. I have a few carbonfiber interior materials that brightens up and that fill the bland interior of my z..other than that I am happy with the interior of my car.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:02 PM
daryl.blas

Exclamation

^^
What bugs me is that everyone says that the interior upgrade is better. Period. That's still a preference... I personally REALLY dislike the new interior.. It looks soo unfitting and cheap. At least with the 07-08, it fits! (All cheap products, even if I don't think so.) IDK, I don't like it at all.. The stereo looks worst than ever, and that knitting down the center counsel sucks. I don't like the doors either.

The only things I like in the 09+ is the downward facing needles that jump on start..

Even the the leather chairs suck.. Half leather for a payment of a leather chair?
Old 03-21-2009, 03:21 PM
zsport1

Mustangs are turds so no surprise the Z wins again.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:26 AM
Greg06

Old 03-25-2009, 06:03 PM
911nut

You guys are great, I am debating a 370z for a daily driver. You know what my current Toy is.....

I agree there a million Mustangs on the road, but find one like mine. I absolutely love this car. I have had BMW M3's, Porsche 911's, and many other Toys. I personally like this one the best.

I also like the 370z, but it is a different type of car.

As far as being reliable you are all on crack, find an issue on a Mustang forum with the 4.6, it is beyond bullet proof. I can not say the same for the 350z. Not bashing, like I said I may get a 370 and looked at the 350 when I bought my Stang. I love many cars. On mustang forums, at least the ones I am a member of, we do not bash other cars like most do here. We respect them for what they are. I do not get it, kind of odd. Anyway, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

By the way, here is my Dyno run from today-

And here is how I get that power-

Many stangs have these and still have NO reliability issues. You just have to make sure you have a good tune and do not over-due the boost on the stock internals.

Happy Driving All
Old 03-25-2009, 06:14 PM
GodSendsDeath

Z forum lol..... Well not really, but glad to hear people enjoy all sorts of cars. What kind of blower is that? Is it a KB?

Originally Posted by 911nut
You guys are great, I am debating a 370z for a daily driver. You know what my current Toy is.....

I agree there a million Mustangs on the road, but find one like mine. I absolutely love this car. I have had BMW M3's, Porsche 911's, and many other Toys. I personally like this one the best.

I also like the 370z, but it is a different type of car.

As far as being reliable you are all on crack, find an issue on a Mustang forum with the 4.6, it is beyond bullet proof. I can not say the same for the 350z. Not bashing, like I said I may get a 370 and looked at the 350 when I bought my Stang. I love many cars. On mustang forums, at least the ones I am a member of, we do not bash other cars like most do here. We respect them for what they are. I do not get it, kind of odd. Anyway, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

By the way, here is my Dyno run from today-

And here is how I get that power-

Many stangs have these and still have NO reliability issues. You just have to make sure you have a good tune and do not over-due the boost on the stock internals.

Happy Driving All
Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 PM
911nut

No, its a Whipple. The Whipple does really well on the 4.6, plus mine is a Shelby and I had it done at a designated Shelby Mod Shop so it will be registered as a Mod on my car in the Shelby Registration.

Anyway, I do love all of your cars, very nice machines. If I did not live in New England it would be a no brainer, I would buy one as my Daily Driver.

We will see.........
Old 03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
daryl.blas

Originally Posted by 911nut
I don't get it,
It's called a God complex.. Be careful, you'll find a lot of members here have it.

I don't think I've quite reached that high yet, but I do believe that it comes with good reasons.. You are in the forum of one of the greatest designed cars.. In and out.

Find me a 3.5L that can brag as much as an HR can...
Old 03-26-2009, 05:14 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally Posted by daryl.blas
It's called a God complex.. Be careful, you'll find a lot of members here have it.

I don't think I've quite reached that high yet, but I do believe that it comes with good reasons.. You are in the forum of one of the greatest designed cars.. In and out.

Find me a 3.5L that can brag as much as an HR can...
Well said..
Old 03-26-2009, 05:28 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with BrianV here. My Acura TL had more problems than my Nissan's have had or my friends F150s. My friend has a 01 F150 that has never ever been in the shop for anything yet and it has 145k of miles on it. It has the standard brake pad replacement, trans flush, oil changes, plugs, but that is it!

Ford knows how to build trucks to last. The cars on the other hand have never been that good. But the newer cars seem to be doing much better from Ford. Nissan does have some reliability issues, but they seem to not be as bad as Acura.