Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

1st Nuances worth noting I found on the 370z

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009 | 01:48 AM
g96818

you guys are spoiled, we don't have that locking feature on our pumps so that we can walk away when the car is filling
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:56 AM
Lightemup

Smile

Originally Posted by g96818
you guys are spoiled, we don't have that locking feature on our pumps so that we can walk away when the car is filling
That's when I wedge the filler cap in the trigger and go wash the bugs off my windsheild.
Old 05-14-2009 | 09:39 AM
yoshe77

does anyone know more about the seat problems i have cloth seats but they seem fine
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:03 PM
Lightemup

Question Trivia questions

OK, here are a couple of new questions for the nuances thread... I was washing my car today and noticed a couple of things at the front grill. First I noticed that there's a piece of plastic that is removeable. Of course I removed it. There's a sturdy looking threaded recepticle behind it. I wonder if this is where they screwed in an eyebolt for tying the thing down when it was being shipped over from Japan? Anyone know?

Also, note the additional heat exchange coils below and to the left of it. I've read here many complaints about the lack of a oil or tranny cooler, so I'm guessing that's for the air conditioning?
Attached Thumbnails 1st Nuances worth noting I found on the 370z-sn850273.jpg  

Last edited by Lightemup; 05-18-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added photo
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:30 PM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by Lightemup
OK, here are a couple of new questions for the nuances thread... I was washing my car today and noticed a couple of things at the front grill. First I noticed that there's a piece of plastic that is removeable. Of course I removed it. There's a sturdy looking threaded recepticle behind it. I wonder if this is where they screwed in an eyebolt for tying the thing down when it was being shipped over from Japan? Anyone know?

Also, note the additional heat exchange coils below and to the left of it. I've read here many complaints about the lack of a oil or tranny cooler, so I'm guessing that's for the air conditioning?
Power steering cooler.
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:40 PM
Spork

Front tow hook.
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:45 PM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by Spork
Front tow hook.
Old 05-19-2009 | 03:52 AM
Lightemup

Question Seriously?

Originally Posted by Spork
Front tow hook.
That was my original thought, too, but it seems in an odd place... I can't tell what it's anchored to. There would have to be a pretty solid cross-brace there to tie down (or tow) the vehicle...
Old 05-19-2009 | 09:57 AM
Done Deal DR

That was my original thought, too, but it seems in an odd place... I can't tell what it's anchored to. There would have to be a pretty solid cross-brace there to tie down (or tow) the vehicle...
There is a giant cross beam in there to protect you in case of a front end collision. It is probably one of the most solid parts on the entire car.
Old 05-27-2009 | 09:23 PM
dp11

I've been checking this gas cap/nozzle "issue" and I can't really see it. The little plastic "cord" that holds my gas cap has a built-in hanger loop that keeps it off the paint. Maybe that was a later engineering change? And if I hold the gas nozzle, it doesn't touch the paint unless I lock it on and let it dangle. (Gas nozzles don't lock in NY per regulation, but I sometimes fill up in Pa.)
I have to second this comment about the gas cap as well. The only complaint that I have is that there is no digital speedometer .
Old 06-04-2009 | 06:43 AM
Lightemup

Wink Digital speedo?

Originally Posted by dp11
I have to second this comment about the gas cap as well. The only complaint that I have is that there is no digital speedometer .
I like my digital watches, but prefer a sweeping needle to rolling numbers when it comes to speedometers. I recall a few years ago when digital speedos were all the rage (around the time of the famous Corvette "hockey stick" display), Pontiac ran an ad in my Car & Driver that said "Aren't you glad we use dials? Don't you wish everyone did?" They even acknowledged permission from Colgate/Palmolive for lifting the tagline for Dial soap.
Old 06-04-2009 | 08:31 AM
ReelBigAndy

+1 I love the digital speedo in my 350. It takes me maybe 1-1.5 seconds to check the needle with all those damn lines, and about .00002 to check the digital (looks just like it does on the speed limit sign). That sounded sarcastic but it wasn't.

Time for an aftermarket HUD!
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:43 PM
mrmixitup

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
There is a giant cross beam in there to protect you in case of a front end collision. It is probably one of the most solid parts on the entire car.
SRT-4 owners have to completely remove that crossbeam to install an aftermarket FMIC. Scary.
Old 07-20-2009 | 07:18 AM
Lightemup

Unhappy Minor complaints

I've now started to notice a "clunk" in the seat, but it doesn't actually seem to shift. It's like the springs are popping over something when I twist to get in or out. Not a problem in steep corners, though.

The rear gasket around the back hatch is pulling out in one spot along the bottom. My car's going in for it's first ($100) oil change and service on Friday; I'm going to get them to fix this.

I've also noticed a minor glitch in the paint on the roof. It looks like the metal was rusted or otherwise contaminated in one spot when they painted it. I wouldn't worry much about it for purely cosmetic reasons (I didn't even notice until the second waxing), but I don't want that spot of paint to blow out after my "bumper-to-bumper" warranty is up because the paint isn't adhered well... Wish me luck trying to convince my dealer to spot touch-up that flaw! I plan to be very insistant...
Old 07-20-2009 | 09:51 AM
scrapser

I thought the lack of a digital speedometer was weird when I test drove the 370. I also think it's odd to have an oil temperature gauge instead of oil pressure. Oil temp is almost an idiot light in my opinion. Also, why are most of the gauges analog while the water temperature has been integrated into the little computer readout thingy that uses dots to indicate temperature as a color range? They do this with the fuel tank level as well (the dots).

You see, here's my point about the 370. You see it on the inside as well as the exterior. There's no consistancy...no theme that ties it all together. It's all a hodge podge of "features".

BTW, I scratched the inside door handle on my 350 with my wristwatch while adjusting the seat. I replaced it and now only adjust the seat while the door is open. I agree these cars have fragile interiors although the 370 seems to have been improved a bit to overcome the problem.
Old 07-20-2009 | 10:54 AM
Specv_USMC

i also love my digi speedometer.... its much easier to see and safer imho to look at. i drive with a hand on top of the wheel, so i have to look around my arm or move it to see the needle. The digi i can just glance, or see it out the corner of my eye. Not having to take my eyes off the road. I didint know nissan did away with it on the 370... shame.

Just to throw this in, is the speedometer in the 370 the same layout as the GTR? meaning, is 50mph pointed straight down?
Old 07-20-2009 | 10:58 AM
Nexx

ok, if you are this ****, how can you ever drive a car?
Old 07-21-2009 | 10:23 PM
ZeeForce

The gas cap is a mood point, don't notice it. The seats again do not notice. Digital tach....oh well it is what it is. I did not buy the car for where they positioned the lighter or if it comes with one. Moot point...imo.

I did have to adjust getting into the car, my head kept hitting the roof. After two months I am pretty good at ducking now..lol

My only complaint or say a scare until I found out it was a feature. That being the oil maintenance (oil can) and oil filter symbols came on. Coming from a recent oil consuming rev up 06 MT model, this came as a scare the other day. John (antennahead) you know where I am coming from. Turns out the car has mileage counter when the oil is changed and notifies you when you have reached 3750 mi on the current oil change interval. Turned out to be a nice scare.

The real complaint is the security screen on the back hatch, if an object like a spray bottle protrudes higher than the level of the screen when in use and left for a period of time (6 hrs in the sun), it will leave an indentation in the screen.

So all in all its the security screen, which can be adjusted for.

Oh yeh...the fog light in the rear. Again it can be fixed by painting it, likewise with the fangs.

I am diggin the car!

Last edited by ZeeForce; 07-22-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: corrected typo: mood for moot
Old 07-22-2009 | 08:02 AM
scrapser

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
The gas cap is a mood point, don't notice it. The seats again do not notice. Digital tach....oh well it is what it is. I did not buy the car for where they positioned the lighter or if it comes with one. Mood point...imo.

I did have to adjust getting into the car, my head kept hitting the roof. After two months I am pretty good at ducking now..lol

My only complaint or say a scare until I found out it was a feature. That being the oil maintenance (oil can) and oil filter symbols came on. Coming from a recent oil consuming rev up 06 MT model, this came as a scare the other day. John (antennahead) you know where I am coming from. Turns out the car has mileage counter when the oil is changed and notifies you when you have reached 3750 mi on the current oil change interval. Turned out to be a nice scare.

The real complaint is the security screen on the back hatch, if an object like a spray bottle protrudes higher than the level of the screen when in use and left for a period of time (6 hrs in the sun), it will leave an indentation in the screen.

So all in all its the security screen, which can be adjusted for.

Oh yeh...the fog light in the rear. Again it can be fixed by painting it, likewise with the fangs.

I am diggin the car!
The word is "moot" not "mood" just so you know.
Old 07-22-2009 | 06:15 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by scrapser
The word is "moot" not "mood" just so you know.
Noted, thanks for looking out for me.

Curtis

Quick Reply: 1st Nuances worth noting I found on the 370z