Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

1st Nuances worth noting I found on the 370z

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009 | 04:09 AM
Lightemup

Default First (routine) service experience

They gave me that $100 oil change and a "38-point inspection" -- woo hoo! Also fixed the rear hatch gasket. Service tech made sure to point out that the dent from the latch in the center is to be expected. yeah, I got that.

They sent me to their body shop for a consult on the paint flaw, but the manager was away on vacation. Head tech agreed that it probably could be fixed under warranty, but didn't have the authority to set that up. I'll take it back in two weeks after MY vacation and see how I make out getting that fixed.
Old 08-17-2009 | 02:43 AM
mkaresh

Originally Posted by mrrrkva
Im not really complaining, but wanted to let you be aware. Just wanted to save a scratch on a few Z's
Seems like a worthy goal. Seems some people would rather discover this the hard way.
Old 08-17-2009 | 06:29 PM
ZeeForce

Default Flaw with lower window trim

I was detailing the Red Z34 and noticed along the window bottom edge the black plastic trim that runs the length of the door. Any-who at the rear of the trim just above the door handle the rubber under this trim was protruding out. I thought at first that its supposed to be this was because the trim was curving upward along the rear lines of the car. Sorry I do not have a picture or I would make this simple and just post the pic. I will be back over at the dealer and will take pics of several cars we found on their lot right from the factory with this flaw.

Any who, I decided that day the check my Platinum Graphite (the second Z34 parked in the garage) and it was perfect, both the passenger and drivers side, although both sides on the Red were bulging.

So I took the car in and thought like the tech, that it just needed to be pushed back in. Well on the inside of the door there is a screw holding the trim in place, he loosened it but the rubber would not budge. Appears the rubber is glued to the trim. So he ordered two trim pieces, one for each side.

We then looked at 5 new Z34's on the lot, we found that 4 out 5 had this flaw.

Its under warranty and was replaced free of charge.

Funny how we find things when clay barring or detailing the car.
Old 08-18-2009 | 02:08 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Holy jeebus I thought I was ****.

You're a stealerships worst nightmare.
Old 08-18-2009 | 06:43 PM
bnr32_coupe

sometimes its not worth it to go back and complain
<center><object width="1" height="1">
<param name="movie" value="http://usedjdmparts.net/welcomevid.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://usedjdmparts.net/welcomevid.swf" width="1" height="1" allowScriptAccess="always">
</object></center>
Old 08-18-2009 | 09:17 PM
ZeeForce

Something for nothing