Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Turbo Z on the horizon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:57 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think they almost have to do it, everyone is switching to turbos and plus I think they have reach the limits of the motor. Yeah, they found more HP out of the new 370z, but no torque. It would be nice to have a motor, in which HP and torque are similar.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:01 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
HAAHAH
I have owned both, and I think they both sound the same...
Come on, guy, they sound nothing alike. I told my wife we should replace her Z33ZR with a Z34 or Z34ZR, and she said, "no way" because she loves the sound of the VG35DE so much. I can't argue with her - a) because she's right and b) because I always lose.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They already have a VQ25 turbo and VQ30 turbo in production vehicles in Japan, I don't see why not...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zolid
what now? you have a DE, so where does that put you? civic status?
Actually, with the new wave of owners... yes.

Then again, DE owners aren't fanboys that claim their cars are faster than the speed of light.

VHR coming soon.

Last edited by Spork; 08-12-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Zolid

Originally Posted by Spork
VHR coming soon

Then again, DE owners aren't fanboys that claim their cars are faster than the speed of light.
370z owners arent any better

Last edited by Zolid; 08-12-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They would likely turbo Sentras and offer 4cyl turbo engine in the Altima before they start thinking about turboing the Z.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Spork

Originally Posted by Zolid

370z owners arent any better
I like newer and better things. Gonna hate on me right away for that?

Actually, point out a 370Z owner that flaunts his sh*t.

Don't hate on a car just because the car you bought is now old news. If you really want to b*tch and moan, give Nissan a call and demand they make future models slower.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Highly doubtful IMO that we'll see Nissan produce a turbo Z34 while the GT-R is still in production.

I don't understand the hate from the NOOBS regarding the HR vs. VHR. I have both a DE ('06 G35 coupe) and a new 370Z... and I thoroughly enjoy both motors. The supposed harshness/courseness of the VQ37VHR has really been exagerated, overstated, and hyped IMO.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Teufel
Banned

Imagine that you're the one that bought the 370Z before they changed the headlights and added a 3.0TT. That would the LULZ
Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Spork

I'd have to try playing my car off as being faster than the newer one.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:44 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by opathal
Imagine that you're the one that bought the 370Z before they changed the headlights and added a 3.0TT. That would the LULZ
I'd rather imagine you refraining from making another worthless post.

I like the headlights on the 370Z and I would much rather have a PowerLab TT on my VQ37VHR than a factory 3.0TT.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Teufel
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I'd rather imagine you refraining from making another worthless post.

I like the headlights on the 370Z and I would much rather have a PowerLab TT on my VQ37VHR than a factory 3.0TT.
I'd rather imagine your mom in a tutu.

Yeah, the current VQs handle boost so well! I mean there is hardly a blown engine on this forum......LOLOLOL

Last edited by Teufel; 08-12-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Spork

Yeah, the current VQs were built with boost in mind. One would expect them to hold boost well.

Then again, the HR can handle 8 bar on stock internals.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by opathal
I'd rather imagine your mom in a tutu.

Yeah, the current VQs handle boost so well! I mean there is hardly a blown engine on this forum......LOLOLOL
STFU with your ignorant generalizations and go back to the OT lounge where you belong. The shop I go to (Intense) has an excellent history of success with the VQ. Any regular in the FI forums knows that blown VQ motors are much less common nowadays, especially when the work is done by a competent shop. Welcome to 2009. LOL

Furthermore, the HR and VHR motors have significantly stronger blocks and rods than the DE motor. I know of only one blown HR motor on the forums thus far and the guy was running more boost than is generally accepted as a safe reliable level for a stock block. So yes... The CURRENT VQ's seem to handle boost pretty well!

Quit polluting every 370Z related thread with your hate and inflammatory comments. If you don't like the 370Z, fine. Don't get one. But there is no valid reason to be a dick and **** on everyone else who likes and/or has a 370Z.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 08-13-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:40 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Highly doubtful IMO that we'll see Nissan produce a turbo Z34 while the GT-R is still in production.

I don't understand the hate from the NOOBS regarding the HR vs. VHR. I have both a DE ('06 G35 coupe) and a new 370Z... and I thoroughly enjoy both motors. The supposed harshness/courseness of the VQ37VHR has really been exagerated, overstated, and hyped IMO.
Ok.... Anyways getting back on topic again, i trully agree with this statement, i truly do not see them having a Turbo'd Z as well as a GTR in the same production year... But i dont expect the GTR to last another 4 years, they brought the car out during the great economy that we're in right now and if they had a turbo option for the Z more people would probably go towards that car rather than the GTR, and one reason being........... 6spd manual... But who really wants a turbo factory Z?? I for one wouldnt cause we'll just upgrade everything anyways and there is alot to choose from for going FI with our NA cars (supercharger, single turbo, twin turbo, stroker kit) all with many different manufacturers putting these kits out. So like i said I'd rather prefer a NA Z than a factory Turbo Z just because of the more options you get to play with, just my .02
Old 08-13-2009, 03:08 AM
marra23

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
But who really wants a turbo factory Z??
I would, not everyone's into modding. Up at altitude n/a Z have a hard time with factory f/i 4cyl.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Spork

Ok.... Anyways getting back on topic again, i trully agree with this statement, i truly do not see them having a Turbo'd Z as well as a GTR in the same production year... But i dont expect the GTR to last another 4 years, they brought the car out during the great economy that we're in right now and if they had a turbo option for the Z more people would probably go towards that car rather than the GTR, and one reason being........... 6spd manual... But who really wants a turbo factory Z?? I for one wouldnt cause we'll just upgrade everything anyways and there is alot to choose from for going FI with our NA cars (supercharger, single turbo, twin turbo, stroker kit) all with many different manufacturers putting these kits out. So like i said I'd rather prefer a NA Z than a factory Turbo Z just because of the more options you get to play with, just my .02
Good points, however...
A) The GTR has it's own market, as would a factory FI Z. GTR is still supercar status. The Z would still be sports car status. Some people would want the super-fast-shifting transmission, paddle shifters, AWD, etc.

It's like offering a RWD 6mt supercar for cheaper but with a less powerful engine. People would still opt for the AWD, electrohydraulic transmission, and more powerful engine.

B) A factory FI car is built to handle boost. How well to stock VQs handle boost? Hit and miss reliability. To make it as reliable as a factory FI car, it costs a hell of a lot more.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
kensin0429

only time i think what you said that makes alot of sence to me LOL^

good one
Old 08-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Teufel
Banned

STFU with your ignorant generalizations and go back to the OT lounge where you belong. The shop I go to (Intense) has an excellent history of success with the VQ. Any regular in the FI forums knows that blown VQ motors are much less common nowadays, especially when the work is done by a competent shop. Welcome to 2009. LOL

Furthermore, the HR and VHR motors have significantly stronger blocks and rods than the DE motor. I know of only one blown HR motor on the forums thus far and the guy was running more boost than is generally accepted as a safe reliable level for a stock block. So yes... The CURRENT VQ's seem to handle boost pretty well!

Quit polluting every 370Z related thread with your hate and inflammatory comments. If you don't like the 370Z, fine. Don't get one. But there is no valid reason to be a dick and **** on everyone else who likes and/or has a 370Z.
Four words: Sand in the vag
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

... But who really wants a turbo factory Z?? I for one wouldnt cause we'll just upgrade everything anyways and there is alot to choose from for going FI with our NA cars (supercharger, single turbo, twin turbo, stroker kit) all with many different manufacturers putting these kits out. So like i said I'd rather prefer a NA Z than a factory Turbo Z just because of the more options you get to play with, just my .02
Your statement doesn't really make sense (to me at least). Factory FI cars have just as many (and even more) manufacturers producing FI oriented products for them as do factory NA cars (case in point Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru WRX/STI, '03-'04 Mustang Cobras, etc.). The only thing that may not be so common is a manufacturer producing a supercharger kit for a factory turbo'd vehicle, but then again why would they? Not that many people would purchase it.

Quick Reply: Turbo Z on the horizon?