Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

What the 370 is capable of with a few bolt ons..

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
Advertising? Umm ok... I figured if you were going to post up a dyno to prove the OPs point you might not want to go to quite possibly two of the highest reading dynos on the island.

Adam's car has never been tuned or dynoed anywhere on the island.
yes it was...at Mustang Magic, back in 2003 when I first got it

Originally Posted by ChuckD05
Figured you could since you were advertising for them
We're not advertising for them at all - I couldn't even tell you anyone's name there. We just know they have a dynojet, and considering the 2 dyno's you've been too are well known locally for optimistic numbers, it might be beneficial for your own info to have it done on a different machine.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Maxima SE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red370
coming from a guy whose SN is "Maxima SE". GTFO. Go race a 370 with your "blown" soccer mom grocery getter.
since when the type of car you drive dictates if you're knowledable or not? if anything, I was boosting VQ's before there was even a sketch of the 350, let alone your catfish. Bring your 370 down here to socal. i'll have my FWD grocery getter hand your *** back to you, clown.

Last edited by Maxima SE; 04-19-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxima SE
since when the type of car you drive dictates if you're knowledable or not? if anything, I was boosting VQ's before there was even a sketch of the 350, let alone your catfish. Bring your 370 down here to socal. i'll have my FWD grocery getter hand your *** back to you, clown.
/thread
Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Red370

Originally Posted by Maxima SE
I'm not sure your mother would appreciate you street racing in her car.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Red370

Originally Posted by gabez33
/thread
my thread, not yours.

And for the love of god, stop trolling the 370 threads if you dont own one, have interest in owning one or plan on getting on in the future, thanks.

Last edited by Red370; 04-19-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Red370

oh yeah...

my Z/Your moms car
Old 04-19-2010, 01:42 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

my thread, not yours.

And for the love of god, stop trolling the 370 threads if you dont own one, have interest in owning one or plan on getting on in the future, thanks.
With all due respect, this is a 350z board with a seldom used sub section for 370's.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
gabez33

my thread, not yours.

public forum, public thread, and this is a parent 350z site with a 370z sub forum so technically...yeah figure it out. and I do have an interest in owning and plan on getting one in the future fyi
Old 04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Red370

Originally Posted by gabez33
public forum, public thread, and this is a parent 350z site with a 370z sub forum so technically...yeah figure it out. and I do have an interest in owning and plan on getting one in the future fyi
Good, then I wish you luck in your quest, you wont be sorry.

I realize that this forum overall is for 350 owners, however, this sub section was created for 350 owners who plan to upgrade to the 370, or for those who would like to know more about the platform and/or plan on owning one in the future, I dont understand how this always turns into a 350 v. 370 battle, it shouldnt be that way.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Mr.Squeeze

Originally Posted by ChuckD05

I will need some practice and I will def be able to get it, it just stinks that englishtown is 2.5 hours away and atco is 3-3.5

Im gonna go on Wednesday of the first week I have my radials to E-Town but I keep hearing atco is a touch quicker normally so who knows. Im just off Wednesdays so it is easy to go wednesday night and that is E-Town's night where it doesnt get all that packed.
Im not sure where you live in NewYork but have you ever triedhttp://www.islanddragway.com/

If you go to that track it's not as many people so you can let your car cool down plus have time for allot of run's.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good, then I wish you luck in your quest, you wont be sorry.

I realize that this forum overall is for 350 owners, however, this sub section was created for 350 owners who plan to upgrade to the 370, or for those who would like to know more about the platform and/or plan on owning one in the future, I dont understand how this always turns into a 350 v. 370 battle, it shouldnt be that way.
What do you expect? You post a thread that in essence says "Hey look how much better my car is than yours." You really think people will take kindly to it? It happened first when the HR version of the 350 motor came out and now its moved into the 370z vs 350z.

I honestly don't know why people put so much stock in dyno plots because the only worthwhile number is the change from what you started at to where you got after the tunes. Personally, I don't trust any dyno numbers. I got my car tuned by UpRev in Austin and they told me I made 270whp. Go me. However, since every dyno is different (taking into consideration hardware, software, weather conditions, day of the week, what the dyno operator had for lunch, etc) no two numbers will ever be the same.

Everyone just post what you have, run what you got, and enjoy it.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Red370

Originally Posted by Armitage
What do you expect? You post a thread that in essence says "Hey look how much better my car is than yours." You really think people will take kindly to it? It happened first when the HR version of the 350 motor came out and now its moved into the 370z vs 350z.

I honestly don't know why people put so much stock in dyno plots because the only worthwhile number is the change from what you started at to where you got after the tunes. Personally, I don't trust any dyno numbers. I got my car tuned by UpRev in Austin and they told me I made 270whp. Go me. However, since every dyno is different (taking into consideration hardware, software, weather conditions, day of the week, what the dyno operator had for lunch, etc) no two numbers will ever be the same.

Everyone just post what you have, run what you got, and enjoy it.
I posted what the 370 is capable of, I didnt say "ooh, look at my car because it makes more power than yours", didnt say that once, this was meant to be informative to future prospective buyers and for them to realize the power that the VHR can make with only a few bolt on modifications. The bullshyt of it is the fact that immediately the "oh nuh uh" "oh you didnt make that kind of power" "My HR will smoke you" comments preceded the post. Now id appreciate if this thread could be kept civil, thanks.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Maxima SE

I'm not sure your mother would appreciate you street racing in her car.
great come back......... ricer
Old 04-20-2010, 04:44 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL @ this thread

The fastest known 370 is a fawking auto...

Some of you 6 speed 370 owners need to start running your cars and stop running your mouths, "well this guy ran 12.8 and Im a 6 speed with XX more power so I would run faster" PROVE IT!!!

BTW-145lb passenger literally made about a 3 car length difference in my NA experience. Id post the link to prove it but its not allowed, with 2 very equal drivers, the outcome was staggering after back and forth switching. Even without a passenger you would have beaten that HR though, but not nearly as much.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:52 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Alberto
LOL @ this thread

Some of you 6 speed 370 owners need to start running your cars and stop running your mouths, "well this guy ran 12.8 and Im a 6 speed with XX more power so I would run faster" PROVE IT!!!

BTW-145lb passenger literally made about a 3 car length difference in my NA experience. Id post the link to prove it but its not allowed, with 2 very equal drivers, the outcome was staggering after back and forth switching. Even without a passenger you would have beaten that HR though, but not nearly as much.
But the auto probably had VLSD
Old 04-20-2010, 01:55 PM
ChuckD05

Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze
Im not sure where you live in NewYork but have you ever triedhttp://www.islanddragway.com/

If you go to that track it's not as many people so you can let your car cool down plus have time for allot of run's.
thanks man.... I like in port jefferson NY, in suffolk county on Long Island, so its a ride regardless... But i will look it up on map quest. E-town is 2-2.5 hours away, atco 3, and not sure on that one...

but a un crowded track is the best track for me...

aprreciate it!

EDIT - just looked mapquest says 2.5 hours... how crowded does it get and how is the track prep ? Have you been there?

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-20-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:58 PM
ChuckD05

Originally Posted by Alberto
LOL @ this thread

I have experienced the same, weight makes a HUGE difference...

and in response to the auto being the fastest and 6 spds getting to the track.. my MT radials on 300zx wheels from aceman, made it to my house today, they are balanced and ready to go..

My only problem is I have a Basketball game tomorrow night and E-town is open tomorrow and Friday. Prob cant miss the game and if i go on Friday I will prob get my ***** chopped off from wifey so I may have to wait until next week. Either Tues at Atco or Wed at E town or I will look into the track someone posted a few posts above... Anyone want to come out next week ???

But I am certainly hoping for a 12 second pass.. if not this time than next time

Im not sure I will perfect the whole launching on MT DRs the first time out.. Im gonna baby it at first and work my way up to launching all out...

who knows though, maybe i will shock myself

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-20-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:01 PM
ChuckD05

Mine is a base model too, and i leave two stretches more times than not when i take off, its around bends when it gets really lame.. I dont think the open diff really kills your standing launch all that much, maybe I am wrong though, i dunno...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

I posted what the 370 is capable of, I didnt say "ooh, look at my car because it makes more power than yours", didnt say that once, this was meant to be informative to future prospective buyers and for them to realize the power that the VHR can make with only a few bolt on modifications. The bullshyt of it is the fact that immediately the "oh nuh uh" "oh you didnt make that kind of power" "My HR will smoke you" comments preceded the post. Now id appreciate if this thread could be kept civil, thanks.
Sometimes its not WHAT you said, but HOW you said it. In your case though, I'd say its both:

listen, it doesnt matter to me what anyone here thinks
... much much faster than that cute DE you're sportin.
... my launch is going to be the stuff of legends.
Just sayin'.

*Keeping eye on thread*
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Chuck its supposed to rain tomorrow, E-town likely won't be doing runs.

Quick Reply: What the 370 is capable of with a few bolt ons..