Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

What the 370 is capable of with a few bolt ons..

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:31 AM
ajcool2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckD05
U guys in the 350 world are so
funny. You have been at your car going to the track prob since you have had your car in 04 my car is a 09. Wait until this summer when more people who want to take the 370 to the 1/4 mile track actualy do instead of the 10 people that haV e already. The consensus feeling over at the 370 place is most people hate pn 1/4 but take it to oval track.

In due time crazed 1/4 milers will get in this car And poop all over your guys times. I had a de , loved it , this motor is far superior, as is the car itself

give me a month and I will without a doubt beat ur 13.1 u r so proud of in your de. And you are saying that you have 229 whp in your 04 350z most likely will full bolt Ons and a tune ????? BS. I know what those motors make and you without a doubt have more than 230 whp dude

It's always something lol
Goodluck in beating my times. Yeah I know they arent that impressive but its weird that not to many lighter more HP 370's have beat it so far. You would think they would be able to run faster than me stock shifting like a grandma. Im not bashing I just want to see what the car is REALLY capable of and as of now I still dont know.

My mods are 1/2 inch MD spacer, X02 exhaust, 3200 high stall torque convertor, DR's, Strup test pipes, Stock air box and a Uprev tune done by Function Tuned. I made 230HP on their Dyno Dynamics and 247HP on a Dynojet. My car is an auto so I dont make high HP numbers like you 6mt guys. Also my 13.1 was before I was tuned and I added 20HP across the board with it. Like I said you should have no trouble running faster then me.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

.......still waiting for 370's too run anywhere near their potential.

P.S. I bet all the cookies in MD that you won't beat the NA maxima record......just sayin'.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Red370

Originally Posted by ajcool2
Dude really. What are your 1/4 mile times?
Already posted, much much faster than that cute DE you're sportin. Watch a few of my videos, I eat DE's/HR's for breakfast. First video, full bolt on HR, I just had HFC's at the time. Last video, DE with Intakes/Spec stg 2 clutch against me with my current mods. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT give any crap about how the first video has a passenger, 105 lbs does not equate to the asswhoopin that was received, 1/3 length difference at the most, I pulled 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4acwTq8LOd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOOW-oImONw

Last edited by Red370; 04-16-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Red370

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
.......still waiting for 370's too run anywhere near their potential.

P.S. I bet all the cookies in MD that you won't beat the NA maxima record......just sayin'.
These cars run high 12's/Low 13's consistently.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:32 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

I went through the370 1/4 post and there is HARDLY consistent low 13's/high 12's. Most in the mid-high 13's boss. A few exceptions of course. Where is the slip from the above runs?
Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red370
Already posted, much much faster than that cute DE you're sportin. Watch a few of my videos, I eat DE's/HR's for breakfast. First video, full bolt on HR, I just had HFC's at the time. Last video, DE with Intakes/Spec stg 2 clutch against me with my current mods. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT give any crap about how the first video has a passenger, 105 lbs does not equate to the asswhoopin that was received, 1/3 length difference at the most, I pulled 4.
no one is saying the DE is better, we are just waiting for some runs where the 370z runs at its potential. No need to get all cute with words and indirectly bash the DE Z. Your putting to much of a personal spin on this, your not your car...anyone with any kinda money and credit can get a 370z so dont sit here and act like your better than anyone. BTW the DE is an Excellent motor! Progression is inevitable DE<HR<VHR no surprises!

Last edited by gabez33; 04-16-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
ChuckD05

Your time is run on radials correct , aj ? And how many times down the dragstip have you gone ?

I dont think many 370z guys, if any at all, have even thrown radials on and went down the strip and let it be known yet.. and until that happens the times will be bogus..

look at the MPH they are all higher than all of your guys times , that is showing you its making more power but needs to be driven better..

you are also auto AJ, ZElimnator in his auto he has ran 12.800@ 110.33 already and is going with radials and he will def get faster. he's since been tuned and has radials now, he will be 12.5-6. there isnt a DE or HR in that area yet right ?

give us a few months to do what took you guys a few years to do, im sure it will happen sooner than later...

The 370z isnt exactly the easiest car to launch and prob a bit tougher than the DEs due to higher revving and tq hitting a little higher in the power band but with practice i am more than confident I will put down a time than will earn the 370z some respect it certainly deserves...

Its really un believable how many people are so anti 370 and just look passed facts and its obvious potential.. at this point its just that the right driver hasnt been driving the 370 good enough yet. that is all.

the car makes more power, weighs the same of a touch less, mine weighs 3420 with me in it .... its still a Z people. Its okay to come to terms that the 370z is a faster car, its okay.

Does this go on at the Corvette forums.. because I know some guys with C5s that will beat stock C6's and they all respect the c6 and know its a supior car/motor. Just because you have went to the track 19 times with different setups and finally found a good niche and track and setup and ran a good time after 5 years ( i had a 03 g35 up until 6 months ago and no one was hitting low 13s yet, other than 1-2 people ) It took time, just like it will take time for the 370z.

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-16-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

U guys in the 350 world are so
funny. You have been at your car going to the track prob since you have had your car in 04 my car is a 09. Wait until this summer when more people who want to take the 370 to the 1/4 mile track actualy do instead of the 10 people that haV e already. The consensus feeling over at the 370 place is most people hate pn 1/4 but take it to oval track.

In due time crazed 1/4 milers will get in this car And poop all over your guys times. I had a de , loved it , this motor is far superior, as is the car itself

give me a month and I will without a doubt beat ur 13.1 u r so proud of in your de. And you are saying that you have 229 whp in your 04 350z most likely will full bolt Ons and a tune ????? BS. I know what those motors make and you without a doubt have more than 230 whp dude

It's always something lol
I bet my car makes more than your 370...
Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

There are not really that many anti 370 posters here....in fact I always defend them against the HR ****'s. That being said......red370 is flapping his gums like an elitest and still hasn't posted a slip for his all conquering VHR.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your time is run on radials correct , aj ?

I dont think many 370z guys, if any at all, have even thrown radials on and went down the strip and let it be known yet.. and until that happens the times will be bogus..

look at the MPH they are all higher than all of your guys times , that is showing you its making more power but needs to be driven better..

you are also auto AJ, ZElimnator in his auto he has ran 12.8 already and is going with radials and he will def get faster. he's since been tuned and has radials now, he will be 12.5-6. there isnt a DE or HR in that area yet right ?

give us a few months to do what took you guys a few years to do, im sure it will happen sooner than later...

The 370z isnt exactly the easiest car to launch and prob a bit tougher than the DEs due to higher revving and tq hitting a little higher in the power band but with practice i am more than confident I will put down a time than will earn the 370z some respect it certainly deserves...

Its really un believable how many people are so anti 370 and just look passed facts and its obvious potential.. at this point its just that the right driver hasnt been driving the 370 good enough yet. that is all.
well put man! I love the 370z and will be getting one veery soon about the respect thing...it really just boils down to the 350 not bieng the latest and great Z anymore. But people cant help but LOve thier Z's
Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
ChuckD05

atleast the girl in the HR video knows what's good .

And sorry spork I will also bet your car makes more power than mine too. But you are in Japan so thats a tough bet to make... Im not claiming my car makes all this power and putting the 370z on a pedistool or anything like that. But regardless of a high reading dyno or not, have someone in LI with a full bolt on HR go to that dyno and if they get more power than me I will pay for their dyno and the gas they wasted going there.

The day before my Z dynoed at performance motorsports a HR Z got tuned and put down something like 297 Adam said, so regardless of the dynos reading high or not, when comparing my car to others on those exact same dynos my car made significantly more power.

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-16-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Dyno racing fail.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 AM
ChuckD05

Dyno racing fail.
Okay, how about this. Answer this question

With all variables being the same. Should a car with more power than the next car with similar weight ( within 50 lbs )and lets say 40hp get the same time down the 1/4 track with the same 60 foot ?

I also think a lot of you have pulled some weight from your cars, something I havent seen any 370s do yet, that went down the track.

Im not dyno racing , Im posting something for the sake of what the title of this thread said, what it is capable of. Regardless of the highest reading dyno in the USA show me a DE or HR that made that power on any dyno anywhere. Post it and let me see it..

The 1/4 mile is also considered a " fail " in many peoples eyes as well

Our cars are not 1/4 mile cars, 13.0 is slow, 12.5 is slow.. Our cars are not fast in the 1/4 mile. Hondas with k20s with beat us new srt8s will beat us, its not a 1/4 mile drag car. The heritage behind our car is road racing around the track which I have zero experience with, but would love to get into.

You guys over here are so pathetic when it comes to hating on anything and everything that doesnt only include the phrases "de, hr, or 350z"

Its kind of lame. I just got some radials off of AceMan ... Give me 2-3 weeks give Z Elimator his time he needs and Im assuming, which is only an assumption, not claiming to def beat all the times it took you guys 5 years to get, but im assuming I will have a faster 6M than most 350s times, and Im just joe blow average driver from Long Island and Z Elimanator will really have a time worth shoving down your guys throats.

Which he already pretty much does, without a tune and full bolt ons a 12.800 <---a hundreth away from a 12.7 pass with only a 1.85 60 foot.

Mind you he had a SC 350z that i dont think ran much better at all, if it even did.

whatever though , it is what it is... Im not trying to start arguments, but i think its clear the potential is certainly there to acheive better times in the 370z, do you not agree ?

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-16-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:32 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

You are now selectively reading my posts....Keep in mind that Brady runs at the same track as zeliminator and ran 12.92 at 111.xx with a 1.9. You are trying to become the victim when no one is picking on you. If you are going to cry.......take that **** somewhere else. Dyno racing is frowned upon ANYWHERE and by ANYONE on this site. I look forward to seeing ACTUAL racing results from your endeavor though......and zeliminator for that matter.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 AM
ChuckD05

Im not trying to be a "victim" of what im not sure ??? nor do i think anyone is picking on me, lol

And im not " dyno racing" I was posting my sheet because Red posted what he got on cobb and it was said in here that no z would dyno that high. Mine did, so i posted as a reference.. Dynos dont really mean much , that is something we both agree on. Im not claiming my 370 is the best because of that sheet of paper.

I am going to go to the track and will post my outcome..

I havent been there in quite some time, my first time there with the 370z was a nightmare. I havent been to a strip in 5 years, never once launched my car before I went there, and did horrible. 13.6 @106 with a 2.3 60 foot at Englishtown. Thats horrible, I know it is and am not hiding from it. But it was my first time there and im not a profesional. Variables that night that killed me were it was 86 degrees after sunset believe it or not, on an april evening in NJ and I had left to go to the track that opened at 5 at 3, didnt get there till 6:40 and had ZERO time to cool the car down. My intake pipes were scortching hot and Oil Temps were way higher than I would have liked. Next time I will leave early, go out there, get some lunch and hang out, and my car will be well rested prior to arrival.

I will need some practice and I will def be able to get it, it just stinks that englishtown is 2.5 hours away and atco is 3-3.5

Im gonna go on Wednesday of the first week I have my radials to E-Town but I keep hearing atco is a touch quicker normally so who knows. Im just off Wednesdays so it is easy to go wednesday night and that is E-Town's night where it doesnt get all that packed.

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-16-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Red370

There are not really that many anti 370 posters here....in fact I always defend them against the HR ****'s. That being said......red370 is flapping his gums like an elitest and still hasn't posted a slip for his all conquering VHR.
Read page 3 bud, slip posted, and that was stock. I am by no means an "elitest", I am a realist. Having owned a DE G35, i know what that engine is capable of. Having raced countless HR's, i know what that engine is capable of. I have met few people on this site that can post unbiased opinions, the 350 apparently is the best thing going, thats why Nissan is still using the platform The 370 was a natural progression, it outperforms any Z33 in every respect, and this isnt apparent to many people here. Claims were made that the 370 cant make 320whp with a few bolt ons, well once again, people were proven wrong. Claims were made that 12.8 is impossible with an auto with a few bolt ons and street tires, proven wrong. People need to stop sipping the Z33 kool aid here, love your car, thats all fine and dandy, however, give credit where it is due.

Last edited by Red370; 04-16-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

As I've said many times.....and got flamed for it......a bolt-on 370 is more than capable of 12.3-12.5 in the right hands. Sorry, I must have skimmed through to quickly and missed the slip, but you are...........slower......than AJ. Thus not quicker than his "cute" DE.....or did I miss something?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Red370

BTW, for the naysayers, read the new issue of Import Tuner, a TT'ed 370 defeated 2 fully race prepped R35 GT-Rs in the Redline Time Attack series, if you think this car doesnt have potential, you're f'in nuts.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Red370

As I've said many times.....and got flamed for it......a bolt-on 370 is more than capable of 12.3-12.5 in the right hands. Sorry, I must have skimmed through to quickly and missed the slip, but you are...........slower......than AJ. Thus not quicker than his "cute" DE.....or did I miss something?
1.5 tenths faster modded against a stock 370, congrats. I'm making 330whp at this point in time, 12.7/12.8 will be realized within a month. Even lower when my NT555R's are mounted.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Red370

and one more thing before I get back to work, that slip and those recorded races were with an open diff, peg legging out the launch, I now have a carbonetic 1.5 way LSD installed, my launch is going to be the stuff of legends.

Quick Reply: What the 370 is capable of with a few bolt ons..