Lets talk price of the GTR ...in a few years - Page 5 - MY350Z.COM Forums

Old 12-23-2010, 02:40 AM   #81
bigcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaelstrØm View Post
I said neither of these things. After all your capitalization and font sizing, you can't even restate the assertion. I'm guessing you realized you were on the failed platform and decided to go all in on your bluff. Bravo but people aren't stupid.
Whatever dude my statement still stands you cannot prove that a GT-R brake job costs $7500. That's been my whole premise. Oh and your stupid comments about 20k transmissions is mute as well. Just look at what Sharif from Forged Performance wrote a few posts above. Also look at the GT-R owner that just changed his pads for $350. You're an idiot, and like I said before you can't prove GT-R brake jobs cost $7500. So go pound salt. I have not failed you failed at not proving your argument. You're the one that came in here all billy bad a$$ not me. So like I said earlier go pound salt.
bigcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #82
bigcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianmtx View Post
Yes I was upset because this douce wanted to come in and think he is the GT-R brake job know-it-all. He's not and he cannot prove his argument.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #83
lgear080

I am a gt-r brake job know it all.

I will be paying total of $3000 for new rotors (prob dba), endless pads, new fluid
and labor.

How's that?
lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #84
bigcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgear080 View Post

I will be paying total of $3000 for new rotors (prob dba), endless pads, new fluid
and labor.

How's that?
legear080 thanks for your response as well. As I can see your about $4500 dollars off according to Malestrom. Remember he's the know it all.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #85
MaelstrØm

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaelstrØm
I said neither of these things. After all your capitalization and font sizing, you can't even restate the assertion. I'm guessing you realized you were on the failed platform and decided to go all in on your bluff. Bravo but people aren't stupid.

Whatever dude my statement still stands you cannot prove that a GT-R brake job costs $7500.
NO, it's not, and that is exactly why you don't get it. You haven't figured out the subleties of the information given to you - either you are being willfully stupid about it, or you have the inability to figure it out. You make up statements that represent your own ignorance about what was said, and then attribute them to me.

Let's settle for the RECORD becuase you insist on libeling me:

1) "He says that ALL GT-R owners pay $7500 to change their pads, rotors, and fluids." - I never said that all brake jobs cost $7500, and no matter how many times you repeat it, that it doesn't make it true. I said that Nissan Dealers charge $7500 and I backed it up with documentation from CourtesyParts.com showing that number is right in line with the parts nad labor cost for pads and rotors.

You haven't refuted this, even though you claim it is a lie. You are unable to separate dealer costs from aftermarket costs, and it's sad.

What Maelstrom says: "A brake job from Nissan costs $7500. Parts from Nissan (CourtesyParts) support this cost." Provides documentation.
What BigCloud hears: "ALL BRAKE JOBS FOR ALL GTRS ON ALL CONTINENTS COST PRECISELY $7500" Ignores documentation.

2) "the GT-R brake guru knows more about prices than the performance shops". More fiction. I provided documentation from aftermarket websites showing you that aftermarket is cheaper, but it's not cheap. I gave you this information and yet you ignore it.

What Maelstrom said: Nothing, he never claimed to be any kind of a "guru" about performance shops.
What BigCloud hears: This guy is a big *** who knows everything about brakes and claims he's a guru on performance shops.

3) "your stupid comments about 20k transmissions is mute as well" - It's "MOOT" you moron. Mute is what you should be. Moot is a redundant or invalid point. It's "are moot" becuase the comments are plural, not "is moot".

What Maelstrom said: "Transmissions from Courtesyparts.com cost $17,000."
What BigCloud hears: "No transmission can be rebuilt, built out, or purchased for less than $17,000"

Quote:
Just look at what Sharif from Forged Performance wrote a few posts above. Also look at the GT-R owner that just changed his pads for $350. You're an idiot, and like I said before you can't prove GT-R brake jobs cost $7500.
I don't have to prove it - that's NOT THE ARGUMENT. You can't figure that out, not my problem. You're the one who can't figure out what people are talking about. Don't blame your lack of cognition on the forum populace.

What Sharif wrote is correct and HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. I already told you aftermarket pads are cheaper, you idiot. Stop confabulating the truth, jerk.

Quote:
I have not failed you failed at not proving your argument.
Yeah, you have. You still haven't provided anything that says CourtesyParts is lying to customers about the cost of a driver's seat ($9000), a brake job including rotors and pads, or a new transmission ($17000+).

Either man up and admit you are wrong about what Nissan charges, or shut up and sit down child.

Quote:
and labor.

BigCloud: legear080 thanks for your response as well. As I can see your about $4500 dollars off according to Malestrom. Remember he's the know it all.
BigCloud, you missed his point entirely. $3000 for brakes is NOT CHEAP. Are you getting this? He didn't refute that GTR prices are expensive - he BACKED IT UP. That's only half of what Nissan charges for OEM!

Let's play taglines!
BigCloud the GT-R guru says that CourtesyParts.com overcharges and lies to their customers about the cost of parts. He says brakes and transmissions for the GTR are no more expensive than any other car. Bow to the master BigCloud, for he is king of GTR.
MaelstrØm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #86
bigcloud

Malestrom should I go back and quote your previous statements? You specifically stated that GT-R brake jobs ARE 7500 and the owners are paying it. I specifically stated that GT-R brake jobs don't costs that much. Mind you I NEVER gave a price of what the brake jobs SHOULD be. All I stated was that the brake jobs aren't 7500 dollars. I looked at your information, because I'm not a pompus a$$ like yourself.

I never said I was king of anything. You're the one that came in here thinking you knew everything there is to know about the GT-R not me. All I said was that GT-R brake prices aren't 7500 dollars. Then you go and throw all this transmission crap that people already know. My ENTIRE premise has/is/will be about brake jobs and their price. And for the record again you still haven't proven that a GT-R brake job costs 7500 dollars.

PS and you're right you're an a$$.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:23 AM   #87
bigcloud

For one I'm the one that actually is looking for a GT-R unlike yourself. Also I kneew before hand that the prices weren't going to be 7500 for a brake job. I don't mind paying 3k for rotors, pads, fluid, and such. You're the idiot saying that said GT-R brake jobs "ARE" 7500 and the owners are paying it. If you would have used better quantifiers your argument path would have been different. Oh and since you know nothing about aftermarket performance shops you would know that discounts apply to parts there as well. this goes for "some" dealers. All in all Malestrom you're still an idiot. I admit when I am wrong hence he moot point, but you're in denial and getting all pissy. Until you show me where a GT-R owner "paid" 7500 dollars for a brake job then your argument is not valid.

Should I use predicate logic to help you understand better? Should I teach you about tangents because your talk about transmissions and seats seem to not apply to brake jobs. Why do you seem to inject pointless statements about seats, and transmissions? Stick to brake jobs and maybe you can redeem yourself. Until I see 5 invoices for a 7500 dollar brake job "dealer" or "not". Then you can pound salt.

Bring me 5 invoices. I don't think you can. Jerk.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #88
bigcloud

I NEVER said courtseyparts lies to their customers. I have bought tons of parts from them for my Z. So please refrain from making false statements. I never encroached the subject of courtseyparts nor did I NEVER say they lie to customers. I will PM a mod if you don't remove that signature as it could relate to a paying sponsor. You are violating some form of TOU and I will find out.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #89
Diesel350

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehl View Post
the lower the better haha. I want a white one so bad :[
Here is a white one with 19k miles for $40k Too bad I hate white or I would seriously consider this.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Diesel350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #90
tylerxfire

^^^whites the best color my man...ballin..so clean

thats the cheapest GTR ive seen yet..thanks for the link..i need to get into this car

Last edited by tylerxfire; 01-20-2011 at 04:33 PM.
tylerxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #91
GZire

Pretty low cost for the car. Gotta wonder if there's something wrong with it.
GZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #92
tylerxfire

It is in the middle of the winter up here..Not exactly the time to sell a car like this when there is 3 feet of snow..
tylerxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #93
Fluid1

In 10 years you will all be busting nuts over the new **** that comes out.
Fluid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #94
Done Deal DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350 View Post
Here is a white one with 19k miles for $40k Too bad I hate white or I would seriously consider this.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Shows it's already sold.
Done Deal DR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #95
Diesel350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post
Shows it's already sold.
Wow that went quick! LOL
Diesel350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #96
JasperGTR

$40k was either a scam, or something else was wrong with it.
JasperGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #97
rumpzz

wow big cloud im impressed you can afford 96000 gtr but are worried about cost to turn 600whp
rumpzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #98
bigcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpzz View Post
wow big cloud im impressed you can afford 96000 gtr but are worried about cost to turn 600whp

HUH??

I have no clue what you're trying to say. Please clarify.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #99
tommyson30

i saw 1 yesterday at burnville MN, so cool in real life
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
tommyson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #100
Shizzmaster2k

The 2012 model is what I want. 530hp 480lbs of torque with some noticeable exterior changes. Plus, they corrected all of tranny problems plagued by the earlier version model and you can use launch control 4 consecutive times before the fluids overheat and it won't void your warranty. I have a pretty good job as a senior windows admin for my company but I agree with most by saying a house is priority number and then the GTR. You gotta have somewhere to park godzilla and I'm sure as hell not going to park on the side street just for someone to sideswipe it and drive of it.
Shizzmaster2k is offline   Reply With Quote