Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Stuck Driver's Side Window

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:05 AM
muscleknight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck Driver's Side Window

I came out of the post office yesterday and decided to put the top down for the drive home since it had cooled off. To my surprise the driver's side window wouldn't go down with the opening of the top. I put the top back up and drove home as I didn't want to chance it. I also tried the window down button and nothing. I was all set this morning to take it to the dealer and to my surprise the window was working again. It may be a developing problem but its no use to take it to the dealer as long as the window works. They won't do anything with it if they see it working. Anyone had this type of problem?
Old 06-24-2005, 01:36 PM
DeZigner

Last week my driver's side window was making a growning sound. i took it in to the dealer. They said that a few bolts holding the window regulator had come loose. They tightened them up and everything seems fine.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Janus

muscleknight, my car is doing exactly the same thing!

I think I have a short in the wiring...

At about 8,000 miles I had the motor in my door die.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:35 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

But chances are the delaership will tell you "Can't replicate the problem" like they told me with regard to a rattle I had.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:31 AM
CLETUS

your window motor is failing.....take it back and get a new motor before your window gets stuck. i have already had my driver replaced under warranty but my pass died a couple of weeks ago and i have to pay for that one........the motor will cost you about $265 by itself if out of warranty.
if your window gets stuck down or wont move hold the button in the direction you want it to go, not auto up or down, and tap the door panel with your hand right above the window switch, the window should start moving. this will only work for a while, as the motor is in the process of dying.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a problem with the drivers side being stuck in the down position, but a replacement switch solved it.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:25 AM
muscleknight

Default Update

I finally took it to the dealer this morning. The window has been still working but the motor sounds like its about to die. The tech told me that they are going to put in a new motor and regulator. The thing was the motor was at one location across town and the regulator was at another location so I will have to go back tomorrow morning to get them installed.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:34 PM
CAN0802

For future reference, if your passenger window sticks, check the window lock button. After a few rounds of cussing, checking fuses, and being a few minutes away from visiting the dealer, a simple press of a button enabled me to close it. This is the first car I have owned that would lock out the driver's controls with that button pressed. Having said that, it would not surprise me to find that the 04 models locked out the driver's side as well.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:02 AM
muscleknight

Default Update

They replaced the window motor and the regulator. It was a nightmare though. I got there at 8 am and the guy said it would take about 1-1.5 hr. Well, they didn't get it done until 1 pm and then it wasn't fixed. I always test things that get fixed. When I opened the driver's side door the window didn't go up on closing. When I pressed the down button the window came down, went right back up and then settled half-way open each time. They took it back and after another hour got it to what it should be doing. I spent a whole day on what should have taken no more than 2 hrs at the most. I did find a nice cozy lounge chair in the employee lounge and went in there and took a long nap. I got tired of those chairs in the waiting area.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:30 PM
boldenmd

This happened to me on Saturday while I was out driving around. I couldn't get the driver's side window to go up no matter what I did. After about 10 minutes, it just started working again.