Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

nissan dealer said my feathering is from a rim scratch

Old 07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
ditnhau99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nissan dealer said my feathering is from a rim scratch

hi guys im just pissed at how bad nissan's service is about the 350z tire feathering problems i called nissan canada about my car's problem and said there werent any problem with the 04 350zr and said they called the dealer and the dealer told them that the cause for my car to lose alignment is from parking scratches on the rims.

like wtf kinda of car did we buy? and nissan is the worst dealer ever to deal with their car's problem i think i'll never own a nissan or infiniti again
Old 07-21-2005, 07:10 PM
zmann

OMG what kind of idiots does Nissan have on its payroll. Call consumer affairs right away please. Yes, they are just a cut above the dealership when it comes to service, but that BS needs to be reported. Feathering due to an out of alignment due to scratches on the rim. It makes you want to scream!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:24 PM
ditnhau99

Hi, what does consumer affairs do and can they help canadian car owner?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 PM
zmann

you have feathering, right? You need to log your complaint and try to have something done. There are several dealers that have done the right thing and will do the right thing...Mike Creque Nissan in Franklin, TN is one...you need to mention that. Disparate treatment among dealers shouldn't be tolerated. You need to find a dealer that will work with your or have this one made to work with you. It's worth a shot and you are bound to get farther with Consumer Affiars (1.800.Nissan1 in the US) than with your idiot dealer.

Good luck
Old 07-21-2005, 07:34 PM
ditnhau99

thnx for letting me know.....because i cant stand my dealer or nissan canada
too bad i cant do anything to them other than file a complaint
Old 07-21-2005, 07:34 PM
zmann

Originally Posted by ditnhau99
Hi, what does consumer affairs do and can they help canadian car owner?
Oh, I have an 04 (build date 8/03) and dealer I mentioned confirmed feathering (mine was the first '04 he'd seen with it...this was almost a year ago). He also confirmed that the TSB didn't address 04's (only 03's) and he'd have to work within the system to take care of me. He knew what feathering was and although Nissan hadn't addressed it for the 04's, he knew he needed to do right by me. All I'm saying is you should get something done.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:39 PM
ditnhau99

yea i think i should. but the problem im having is that i called nissan canada thinking they would be more helpfull but they say the exact same thing that my dealer does and they say none of the 04 350z have the feathering problems i mentioned to them that on forums i see a bunch of them has it and all the guy say is it doesnt and all these bs that pisses me off like really if i can i would kill the guy i was talking to when called nissan canada

and i was wondering if i called nissan usa will they be able to help me and cus im from canada
Old 07-21-2005, 07:48 PM
zmann

I don't know. Maybe you can call Mike Creque here in the states, Franklin, TN (615-790-2500). Last time I talked with them, the Service manager was "Chris". I didn't have them fulfill the service because I already had a special deal on new 18" tires and I was getting 18" wheels. But they were going to do the alignment and replace my 2 front tires. Mention my name. Maybe if you can talk to at least one dealer that acknowledges the problem he can hook you up with someone within the organization that can help you in Canada. Also, I had a neighbor that is now high up the food-chain in Nissan/Infiniti Engineering who took a new job in Atlanta, Georgia. His name is Chris Childress. I lost contact with him, but his role when he was at Smyrna was Quality Control and he took a larger role with Nissan in Quality Mgmt. So there are at least 2 names/contacts that might get you going down some path to restitution. Just don't let it drop. This forum is full of stories from folks that have had the dealers step up and do the right thing. Maybe my leads can help out a bit. One other suggestion: I came to know and be very fond of my service manager at Infiniti of Nashville. His name is Tom Grimont, and the number there is 615-771-7171. He also knows Chris. But this guy has been inside the organization for many years. He might also be able to give you some contacts locally. Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Scott