350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Bike Rack for Roadsters

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Geez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Rack for Roadsters

Hello:
I just purchased an '05 Touring Roadster and was wondering if anyone has any experience with bike racks that might fit. Apologies if this topic has been discussed before but I couldn't figure out how to search the threads. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:00 PM
sigsauer87

Well...I think you bought the wrong car if you want to put a bike rack on it....
Old 10-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Geez

Default Thanks, but I'll Remain Optimistic

Actually, I have a truck that I use to transport my bikes to the trails. But, I'd like to have the option of being able to use the Z every once in a while with a rack capable of holding 1 or 2 bikes.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:52 PM
JBIACAN

None That I've Seen. My Friend Who Had A 2003 Z Was Looking For The Same Thing. The Only Thing Was A Universal Bike Rack That Would Look Tacky On The Back Of Any Z. You Can Find It At Any Target. Good Luck.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:53 PM
seattlephotog

Talking Bike rack for Roadster?

Originally Posted by sigsauer87
Well...I think you bought the wrong car if you want to put a bike rack on it....
Hey all,

I searched the forum and read all threads relating to Z-car bike racks. It's funny how the second post in each thread is always some joker who wants to spout off about how Z enthusiasts shouldn't be bicycle enthusiasts.

I like my Z roadster. I also like bicycling. In fact, statistics show that Z Roadster owners are generally healthier, smarter, better-looking, wealthier and better in bed than the non-Roadster types. Fitness is a big part of that.

Relax, I'm kidding. (...or am I?)

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with wanting to carry a bike somewhere. Personally, I would only consider a removable rack...the type that straps on the trunk lid or something. I haven't FOUND one yet for the Z, which is why I'm posting in here. As of June 27th '06, has anyone in here found a decent bike rack such as I've described?

Thanks!

Last edited by seattlephotog; 06-27-2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Juno

Hello, and welcome to my350Z.com!

Yep, you'll probably get flamed for wanting to put a rack on your Z. Some people just can't get over the fact that some of us bought our Zs to actually use them, and not just sit around and look at them.

Anyway, I would think that you might be able to fit some sort of removable trunk mount rack on a roadster. Sorry I can't help with which one (I drive a coupe ). Good luck in your search and be sure to post if you find one that fits.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:07 PM
IronMedic

ah who cares. if u want a rack on the back then go find one. my friend had a rack he put on his mustang convertible and he carried his pocket bike on it. it was one of those racks that just attach to the deck lid and you are done. you can pop it off as needed.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:00 PM
jcastino

Keep searching this site. There are two members that have designed, manufactured and sold Bike racks for Roadsters. They look good too because they are designed to be removed entirely when not in use.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:45 AM
stonecrd

I spoke with both Yakima and Saris, Thule never returned my e-mail. The only option is a hitch mounted rack. I think they are concerrned that if you have a rack mounted to the trunk lid and open/close the top the tonneau cover may damage the trunk lid or itself. You may get the Saris rack to work if you are careful, I gave up and just use my GS300 when I need to haul the bike
Old 06-28-2006, 04:40 AM
paulsmansfield

why are you retards getting aggresive coz he wants a bike rack? do you expect someone to sell their Zed and buy a Volvo because they want to transport a bike somewhere every now and then!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Juno

Originally Posted by paulsmansfield
why are you retards getting aggresive coz he wants a bike rack? do you expect someone to sell their Zed and buy a Volvo because they want to transport a bike somewhere every now and then!
Actually, the posts from the "aggressive" people were from last October. Everyone has answered Seatllephotog's question respectfully. Also...good job Seattlephotog for using the Search feature and posting in the appropriate thread! You're one ok newb in my book!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:07 PM
seattlephotog

Originally Posted by Juno
Actually, the posts from the "aggressive" people were from last October. Everyone has answered Seatllephotog's question respectfully. Also...good job Seattlephotog for using the Search feature and posting in the appropriate thread! You're one ok newb in my book!
Yahoooooo! Props to me for searching! ;-)

I love searching forums like this. There's so much good information to be found, once you weed through the "aggressive" posts.

I've learned a LOT about my Z roadster from this forum. Thanks to everyone here for being helpful!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:09 PM
m1james@bellsou

Hitch-web.com has a receiver type hitch for the Z.
http://www.hitch-web.com/vhitch.asp?...ID=31724#DALAN
I wouldn't recommend the universal fits everything trunk mounted rack. First of all you can't get into the trunk with the rack on. Secondly they don't really fit a Z. They are not very secure for the bike(s) and you are likely to get scratches in your paint from the bike/pedals/handlebars.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:29 PM
consideringaz

i've got a t-bird but considering a z. for short trips now i just pop the mtn or road bike in the trunk & bungee it shut. but i've recently early retired and so am planning summer-long road trips to the northeast, northwest, canada, maybe western mountain areas of u.s. am considering a vertible z with some kind of hitch assembly to bring at least one bike along.

when i asked a local dealer about it he put his nose in the air and said "that defeats the purpose of a sports car." to which i responded "i don't need to pull a travel trailer; it's a bicycle." i'll be paying cash. but i guess anyone that stuck up doesn't need my money.