350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Steps to Order a 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:26 PM
JasonCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Steps to Order a 350z?

Curious....

What are the steps needed to order a 350z? deposit needed? About how much? Just contact a local dealer?

What should be things that I should avoid when doing this (in case the dealer asks so I can avoid getting myself in trouble)?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to a dealer, pick out the one you want, and start negotiating!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:26 AM
JasonCA

Originally Posted by bugsbbunny
Go to a dealer, pick out the one you want, and start negotiating!
For a 2007 when they are not on the lot.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Jenn350Z

Step#1 Go to dealer
Step#2 Find Sales dude
Step#3 Request purchase of one (1) 2007 Nissan 350Z
Step#4 Select options
Step#5 Pay
Step#6 Wait

Hope that helps
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 AM
ANXIOUZ

You don't need to pay in full to have them order you a car. You will need to make some kind of deposit and/or sign some paperwork. The dealer doesn't want to order you car and allow you to back out of the deal leaving them with an extra car on their lot without a deposit to keep and/or legally requiring you to purchase the vehicle.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:16 AM
mg350ZR

Originally Posted by JasonCA
Curious....

What are the steps needed to order a 350z? deposit needed? About how much? Just contact a local dealer?

What should be things that I should avoid when doing this (in case the dealer asks so I can avoid getting myself in trouble)?
Actually, a better approach to ensure you get the best price is to do some pre-work (before you go to the dealership) as follows:

1. Decide on a specific model (including options and color) that you want.

2. Get several quotes for the specific car you want from local dealers via websites such as Edmunds, Microsoft Autos, Nissan website, etc. They will email quotes to you. You may also want to follow up with some of them via the phone to see if they actually have the car you want in stock, how long it will take to order, etc.

3. Get a quote from Carsdirect.com for the exact car that you want, and compare it with the quotes given to you by the dealers (carsdirect tends to have lowest prices and they have a low price guarantee).

4. Go to the Nissan dealership of your choice. Bring the lowest quote that you obtained and ask them to beat it by at least couple hundred bucks. If they will only agree to match it (especially if they have specific car that you want), then try to negotiate for some free accessories and/or free service.

5. Do not negotiate on the monthly payment with the dealer. They can play with the numbers to make the monthly payment look low, while the overall out-the-door price for the car will be higher than necessary. Negotiate on the total price (including all taxes and fees), and then figure out your payment based on that. You should actually figure this out ahead of time, but don't tell it to the dealer, just negotiate the total price.

6. Do not buy any dealer add-ons such as paint or interior protection. They are usually a big money maker for the dealer, and a waste of money for you.

7. If you want to get extended warranty (decide this ahead of time, not at the dealership) do some on-line research prior to going to the dealer to see how much it is worth. You can then negotiate on this item as well (if you want it), or simply buy it elsewhere after you get your car.

Doing this prep work prior to going to the dealer will ensure that you get the best price.

Good luck.

Last edited by mg350ZR; 01-10-2007 at 09:22 AM.