Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

side mirrow view

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 PM
C CAV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side mirrow view

Fellows I drove my daughter z roadster today and have a trebbile blind spot on both side when a car is passing or I am passing. I am wondering if anyone else is having a problem with this. When a car comes up by me i lose sight of it from the rear bumper until i can see it in the window. I have tried every position i can find but can not find one that allows me to see it. mark
Old 07-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Get used to it.

Or install this...
Old 07-06-2008, 06:48 PM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just have to be a really attentive driver and know what is going on around you at all times. Keep checking that rear view before you switch lanes. Not sure what else you can do.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:02 PM
frankyB

Side Mirrors need to be adjust correctly.... too many people don't set them right....

Check this post https://my350z.com/forum/350z-roadster/351728-convex-mirror-blind-spot.html

And let me quote:

Originally Posted by xtrmspd
Ok this kills me. Let me set it straight for everyone. You should be able to see all vehicles with the 3 mirrors without having to look over your shoulder. The common mistake for all, is that they keep the side mirrors to the point where they see their own car, this is incorrect.

The best way to adjust your side mirrors is to pull up to a car that is parked and pull forward until you just see the front bumper disappear.

Then stop and run the mirror out until you can see the majority of the vehicle. Do this on both sides. From this point, if you don't see the car with your rear view mirror, then you can check your side and you should be able to see the car. Just like magic.

Not to push off the shoulder looking, but this will eliminate most of it. I only check the shoulder if i'm moving some what slow and I havn't peeked at the mirrors for a few.

Just in case you are curious, I've been driving like this for years. It's efficient and keeps you from looking away from the car that is in front of you (less likely to rear end someone). This is the problem with ppl. They tend to take their eyes off the objects in front of them while peering over their shoulders. Ppl tend to spend too much time trying to change lanes by looking over their shoulders and spending less time looking at the vehicle in front.

This is just an advice, but try it. Once you get used to it, it's like walking.

Last edited by frankyB; 07-06-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:47 PM
mx48

I had the same issue, until I read the above post, and it works. Although it takes time to get comfortable with it. I have tinted windows, and at night it's a life saver. So.. thanks for the great post XTRMSPD...
Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 AM
black06z

Adjust the side mirror all the way to the right. When you need to change lanes: Check rear view and side mirror, then turn your head for quick second, then change lanes. I've never had problems with the passenger side visibility. Are you sitting way up close to the steering wheel? That may be another problem.