Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Mysterious Rear Rattle Solved :) :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:39 AM
MB07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mysterious Rear Rattle Solved :) :)

Mine came from behind the driver side. Low speeds and it completely sounded like an interior rattle and after months of advils and narrowing it down it turns out to be a free repair so try this.. We unbolted my shock which was the 2 nuts on the top and one big bolt on the bottom and once we had it on the floor we took it apart by unbolting the top nut on it on the floor and my mechanic said it appeared to be perfectly fine. So he just put a little bit of grease on it for fun and as he was putting the shock assembly back together on the floor he noticed the top nut which holds the assembly together went a lot further down then when he had undone it. Sure enough we bolt it back in and im 100% rattle free. Totally worth a shot for your sanity believe me I know how annoying it WAS Good luck hope it works..
Old 07-09-2008, 06:38 PM
keenetic

I have this annoying rattle from the front driver's side like it coming from under the hood or front dashboard everytime I drive over uneven roads. Could it be the shocks too? or the wipers? Really driving me up the wall.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 AM
fumesdeuce

Default Rattle in rear end... solved completely?

Originally Posted by MB07
Mine came from behind the driver side. Low speeds and it completely sounded like an interior rattle and after months of advils and narrowing it down it turns out to be a free repair so try this.. We unbolted my shock which was the 2 nuts on the top and one big bolt on the bottom and once we had it on the floor we took it apart by unbolting the top nut on it on the floor and my mechanic said it appeared to be perfectly fine. So he just put a little bit of grease on it for fun and as he was putting the shock assembly back together on the floor he noticed the top nut which holds the assembly together went a lot further down then when he had undone it. Sure enough we bolt it back in and im 100% rattle free. Totally worth a shot for your sanity believe me I know how annoying it WAS Good luck hope it works..
MB07 - I'm curious if the rattle has been fixed completely in your car. I'm now going on my 4th trip to the dealer to get something of this same noise fixed. The dealership (Courtesy Nissan of Dallas) states that - after my 3rd trip to diagnose / repair this noise, they're thinking its a body creek and that they're waiting on a response from Nissan about it. They had a team of engineers come down and look at my car and another that had the same noise. NOw they're 'back to the drawing board' so to speak, and I'm left waiting for them to develop a fix while my warranty and patience run out. I've heard multiple ideas on how to fix this noise, but yours seems to be the most logical considering I've personally exhausted all other ideas... AND the fact that the dealer thinks the noise is coming from the right rear shock absorber. It looks like July is when you posted that... any noise since then?