350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

$10,000 over MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 08:34 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $10,000 over MSRP

Academy Nissan in Colorado Springs received their first Roadster today, a Lemans Sunset Enthusiast, auto and, they put a DAP (Dealer Added Profit) of 10K. This roadster is going for $45K. For an Enthusiast, get real. I went and spoke with the salesman's and they stated that, all dealers are doing this markup. They said they are stickering 03Z 15K over MSRP. I had to laugh.

Can you believe dealers these days. They are even stickering the 03 Z's $2K over MSRP.

2 Many Greedy people in this world.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:37 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

I meant to say that, they told me the dealers in California are charging $15K over MSRP for the Z.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:41 AM
ephilyawjr

Exclamation Report the Evil Dealership

Nissan is against dealer mark up - you should report the sorry jerks to Nissan, and let them know that your doing it.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:02 AM
jackl

Default Dealer Markup

Don't bother complaining to Nissan about dealer markup. I tried it and was informed the the dealer decides the selling price for the car and it is unlawful for Nissan to dictate the price.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Zeelicious

Just picked up my Roadster on Saturday. My dealer told me they would never charge a dime over sticker, BUT what they did to me without any notice was add an extra grand for their super duper paint,rust,leather- protection and Lojack for $900

Pretty slick!!!

When all was said & done I had an extra 2 grand to the sticker.

Just wish the dealer was upfront with their intentions.

Neil
Old 08-26-2003, 07:29 PM
SixRB6

Question Zeelicious

Just picked up my Roadster on Saturday. My dealer told me they would never charge a dime over sticker, BUT what they did to me without any notice was add an extra grand for their super duper paint,rust,leather- protection and Lojack for $900
Which dealer in NJ is it??? I am with All Brands Nissan
Old 08-26-2003, 07:58 PM
longbowe

Sorry to burst your dealer's bubbles, but my dealership, whose markup isn't exactly the lowest, charges only $5k on the '03 Z's (though many customers have gotten it for less than that), and charges "only" $8k markup on the roadster. And we've never sold it yet for that price. *lol* But one customer did get close, and the managers bent over backwards to make sure that the customer was extremely satisfied with the service.

However, $10k isn't exactly an unreasonable markup for Colorado; I'm guessing roadsters are harder to come by over there. And y'know what? There are people willing to pay that. So, just don't give that dealership your business. You'll find another dealership that's willing to do the deal at what you would consider a fair price, and as long as you're giving them a reasonable profit, they too will bend over backwards to meet your needs.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:20 AM
Zeelicious

Default Re: Zeelicious

Originally posted by SixRB6
Which dealer in NJ is it??? I am with All Brands Nissan
Freehold Nissan
Old 08-29-2003, 07:02 PM
Sturmwehr

Originally posted by longbowe
charges only $5k on the '03 Z's
"only"?
Old 09-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Bis Z

Just picked up my 04 Z, Touring, 6 speed, Nav, Pike's Peak White, Blue Top, Frost interior from Reed Nissan in Orlando, FL and they didn't not charge anything of MSRP. They did give their dealer coupon book work lots of $ for services at that dealer. This was a super dealership. I live in AL moving to Orlando next year. Dealer called me several times a week trying to get my my Z. He did and I am in heaven. The Dealer was super. If any one needs a name of the salesman just give me a holler. Best dealer I have ever dealt with.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:12 AM
longbowe

Originally posted by Sturmwehr
"only"?
Hehe, I should've put that in quotes. Here's what I originally had:

charges only $5k on the '03 Z's (though many customers have gotten it for less than that)
I guess it should've been:

charges "only" $5k on the '03 Z's (though many customers have gotten it for less than that)
Keep in mind that what the dealer charges and what the dealer gets aren't always the same. Just like what a customer offers and what a customer pays aren't always the same.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:22 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I visited a Sacramento area Nissan dealership yesterday to look at the new LA color. They had 10-12 coups & verts on the lot.
All (as in 100% of inventory) were priced at MSRP with no dealer adds.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:36 AM
longbowe

Default Sacto Nissan

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
I visited a Sacramento area Nissan dealership yesterday to look at the new LA color. They had 10-12 coups & verts on the lot.
All (as in 100% of inventory) were priced at MSRP with no dealer adds.
There are three possible reasons for this, and they are not necessarily mutually exclusive:

1. They haven't had time to put the markup stickers on.
2. They simply aren't taking that strategy.
3. The Sacramento area isn't as hot of a Z market as the Silicon Valley.

I know there's a Sacramento area dealership (Future Nissan) that gave my dealership (Stevens Creek Nissan in San Jose) a huge race for the title of #1 Nissan dealership in the Western Region. Before I left, we slashed the price on a Murano by a hefty amount, and won by one deal. The GM was ecstatic!

Funny thing is, when we shook hands with the customer, they were so shocked. They actually told the sales manager, "it's not fair that you don't get to make any money." But we didn't have time to get a fair profit from them. We made the deal in the last possible minute.

Anyway, if you can pick it up there, you should. That's an awesome deal!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Fresh

Buy me one, too.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:23 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Haven't put the markup stickers on yet? LOL!

There are numerous dealers in both the SF & Sacto markets who have been selling at MSRP (or below) for at least several months. The Elk Grove dealer (where I looked on Sunday) is an extension of Florin Road Nissan.

Personally, I do not deal with car dealers but buy through a broker. In December, I found the car I wanted at a dealer in Visalia & had my broker make the deal at MSRP.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:32 PM
zz-notop

The dealers in the Denver/Boulder/Longmont area are pretty much split with half adding a surcharge and the rest not. The surcharge is running $5K. My dealer is giving me the car at MSRP. Did I say "giving"? I wish!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Boiler

I am in Longmont, well for 2 more weeks and then 2 months in London and then I will be back and need a car. I know they had a Convertable in Fort Collins but it seems to have gone. Coupe's seem available at below MSRP, I have not pushed it as I have not made up my mind and have a few months. Not sure I want to go the extra on the Convertable, need to see one first. Which dealer did you find the most helpful?

David
Old 09-09-2003, 11:05 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Definately do not come to Colorodo Springs. They are charging $2K markup over MSRP's for the 03's and 10K on the covertible. Not sure what the markup is on the 04's.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Boiler

Thanks,

I did like Colorado Springs, stayed a night, but I will go elsewhere for car buying. Perhaps I should find out what the John Elway No Haggle price is.

For what it is worth, Valley Nissan in Longmont have a White Touring Coupe with all the toys including Sat Nav, I made it clear I was just looking but in conversation he pretty much said MSRP and a few things thrown in, guess mats etc. I am sure if I wanted it I could have got real money off.

I do not know what the supply here is for Convertables, they did not know when they will have any in. Would be logical to wait awhile for a Convertable until the initial demand is sated, and the weather is less attractive. If you want immediate delivery, then I am sure you will pay for it. Supply and Demand.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Boiler

Sorry forgot to mention, the Coupe was an 04.

Quick Reply: $10,000 over MSRP