Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

New Z Roadster Owner Here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 06:58 PM
zmann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Z Roadster Owner Here!

I just posted an intro in the "general" topics, but guess should do the same here since this is the "roadster" section. I just took delivery yesterday. Went in for service check on my 02 Maxima 6 speed and drove out with an 04 Silverstone Enthusiast model (6spd)! Unbelievable. Different, for me (have owned 93 Max SE, 01 SE/AE Max, the 02 Max SE, an 03 Max GLE, and currently also have an 04 Max SL). So, I'm not new to Nissan. I've been following the 350 since they first began talking about them years ago. And the convertible, well, when that came out, I knew it was just a matter of time. I love this car, it is getting gobs of attention. My only complaint?? My back is having a time getting adjusted. Anybody else experiencing any back discomfort? I'm hoping it will pass. Heck, I also had some problem adjusting to my 02 Max when I took delivery.
Anway...will spend more time here in the future, of course. I'm a "moderate" modifier, of sorts. Have already ordered a pop charger...this car is aweseome...those who haven't seen or driven...you gotta go.

srm
Old 08-17-2003, 06:05 AM
ephilyawjr

Default Time heals all Wounds

It will take a little time to get use to a sports seat.

After you get use to it you will not want to go back.

I know a guy who has a Z coupe he uses for work and has had it 6 months and hass 28,000 miles. He drives for up to 7 hours at a time and he feels fine after he gets out of the car.

Congrats on your Car - Please post pics.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:14 AM
azjimbo

Where are the pictures?
Old 08-17-2003, 11:23 AM
barrybell

I want pictures?
Old 08-18-2003, 12:12 PM
zmann

The rolll is being developed!! Patience...I don't have digital camera yet and with this purchase it may be even a little further off (grin).

Ephily...thanks for the words of "encouragement" about the back. It feels a little pinchy and achy. But it isn't any worse and in 72 hours, I've logged 650 miles. If it were really going to do me in, it would have done it by now, I think! When I'm in the seats I'm as comfortable as ever. It is just the shock of the ride stiffness I'm not accustomed to and a little different seating posistion for clutching.

Anway, back to work...but should have pictures up by end of week!!

srm
Old 08-19-2003, 05:16 AM
RedHerring

Default Ya gotta have your priorities...

For the price that you paid for your roadster, you could have had 60.6 nikon 5.4 megapixel coolpix top-o-the-line digital cameras. Maybe you could sneak just one in there somewhere...
Old 08-19-2003, 06:19 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default head clearance

I have been wanting to ask a roadster owner some questions.

How tall are you? Next time you are in the car (with the top up) can you look at the roof hinge bolt to the left of your head and post your observations like how far it is from your head and how much you would have to move to hit it?

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Beaker02

It took a couple of months and about 4K miles to fully get used to the sports car seat. Had back pain and right sholder pain from shifting. All is well now. Love it. I'm 42 BTW. I'm sure that had something to do with the break in period. I feel like i'm sitting in a truck now when I climb into my civic. Climbing in and out of the car keeps you young.....Driving it gives you reason to be young! Think I can right it off as a medical expence? Guess not.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:01 PM
zmann

Default break-in period for driver

Hey, I'm 39 and about to turn 40. Maybe our old bodies are fighting our young minds, eh? After about 750 miles and 4 days, I'm beginning to notice less irritation in my lower back. My left knee was bothering me the other day, but that seems to have mitigated. Every day I drive it I love it even more if that is even possible.

As far as the question about the headroom? I'm 6'0" even and 240 pounds. I have ample headroom, I think a few inches to spare. More than in my sunroof equipped car.

Later,

srm