Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

ZR With Racing Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
na_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR With Racing Seats

I just purchased two Sparco R100's and I was reading up on the forums that a lot of people that have installed aftermarket seats have the problem with their top coming down but not going back up due to the nissan safety mechanism... I've searched but have not come up with a definate answer as how can I fix this problem. Anyone who's installed any aftermarket seats can you please let me know how this problem was fixed. Some said to just gut the stock seats of all the boxes that are connected to the seat and just place them under the aftermarket seat, some have said to just splice some wires (Pink & Black/White) to disable the safety mechanism... but I want to make sure I do this right and not **** anything up. Any input or ways that others have done it please let me know. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Phreakdout

I think Specialized got it to work. Search for his threads.

Good luck on the project. Post up pics when you can.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:35 AM
na_350z

Thanks bro...I'll see if I can find him on here and search thru his threads...

If anyone can post any info that would still be great.

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
I think Specialized got it to work. Search for his threads.

Good luck on the project. Post up pics when you can.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 AM
ZR_Yancy

Originally Posted by na_350z
I just purchased two Sparco R100's and I was reading up on the forums that a lot of people that have installed aftermarket seats have the problem with their top coming down but not going back up due to the nissan safety mechanism... I've searched but have not come up with a definate answer as how can I fix this problem. Anyone who's installed any aftermarket seats can you please let me know how this problem was fixed. Some said to just gut the stock seats of all the boxes that are connected to the seat and just place them under the aftermarket seat, some have said to just splice some wires (Pink & Black/White) to disable the safety mechanism... but I want to make sure I do this right and not **** anything up. Any input or ways that others have done it please let me know. Thanks!
Going for the JDM look?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:29 PM
na_350z

Okay so upon further research and I thank Phreakdout for this... I got the following info which Is what I think I'll be doing.

by: iwantaz123

"I had the same problem. If you take your wiring off the bottom or your stock seat and keep the connectors connected, then you can just tie it under your aftermarket seat. You need to remove the white box that is under the passenger seat and the wiring that hooks into it. Thats what I did, and my top finally went down. Otherwise, you have to put your stock seats in because the window goes down, then the seat, then the top....gl sorry for the not so clear help" - iwantaz123

If any other person has some more info it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Xzero

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im thinking of putting in some leather Recaros and never even thought about that problem coming up! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:47 PM
na_350z

Originally Posted by Xzero
Im thinking of putting in some leather Recaros and never even thought about that problem coming up! Thanks for the heads up!
Yeah I never thought about this either... but I began to search and fould a lot of people had this problem... I'm still waiting for my seats from a vendor on here since the Driver side sparco base is on backorder. So I'm hoping next week I'll give this a try and make it work.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Xzero

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW, does anyone know how much the stock seats weigh? I have the OEM black leather seats.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:51 AM
kajuraelai

I just put brides in mine, took my boy chris almost 3 hours cause they had to custom weld my brackets .
anyways ... they took the box from the passenger seat and made a special harness for the bottom for it to fit perfect without any slide issues. PM me and i can give you the number to his shop.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
na_350z

Okay so I got my seats and just finished taking everything apart. I gave iwantaz123 idea a try and it worked. Took me no longer than 10-15 mins to remove the white box along with the wiring. Hooked everything back to the harness that comes from the floor and the top goes down and up. So if anyone is looking to install seats into the ZR... you know have a actual fix to the top problem with racing seats.