Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

roadster smoother than coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 08:55 AM
vancitydude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roadster smoother than coupe

just traded in my '03 coupe on a roadster... picked it up yesterday and i was AMAZED how smooth it is in comparison...

some thoughts on the differences:

the difference in 1st gear ratio is minimal (i might even say unnoticable)...

the ride--definately smoother... i think it's the extra weight... only 270 pounds or somthing like that, but it is DEFINATELY smoother... that's the only thing i can think of... perhaps the fact that they moved the rear sway bar? who knows... but it's smoother.

and the bose stereo issue has been resolved... i am 100% convinced that bose has re-designed the amp for this unit because i had the TSB amp installed in my coupe and it sounded like crap... no bass, muddy highs... this is the kind of system i would expect from the factory now...

my only complaint is leg room, which is signifigantly decreased to make room for the fibreglass top cover that protrudes into the cabin... minor though...
Old 09-21-2003, 03:19 AM
zgadgetdr

I agree. I have a Daytona Blue roadster, picked it up last week. Traded in my coupe. Much smoother ride, love it. Also improved the Nav cover. Now closes automatically and opens and closes with a touch of the button. Bose much improved, and you are right. Has the sound a car like this should have, although it could still be better. I like the sub-woofer.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:06 PM
350ZnTN

I agree as well. I had test driven the coupe several times, and when I drove the Roadster Saturday morning, I noticed a difference. What really sealed it for me was after my wife test drove them back to back, she said she much preferred the ride of the Roadster.

I also agree that I have no complaints about the Bose. Sounds great, even with the top down.

I am only 5'10", but I have no leg room problems whatsoever. With the seat scooted fully back, I can't get the clutch pushed all the way back.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:49 PM
DeZigner

"my only complaint is leg room, which is signifigantly decreased to make room for the fibreglass top cover that protrudes into the cabin... minor though..."

I am puzzled by that comment. I am 6'4" and have driven both the coupe and the roadster. I did not notice any difference in the legroom. Even Nissan's specs show the same legroom (and I might add one MORE inch of headroom in the Roadster). Are you sure about your legroom?

Enjoy your ride!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:05 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default depends

Originally posted by DeZigner
"my only complaint is leg room, which is signifigantly decreased to make room for the fibreglass top cover that protrudes into the cabin... minor though..."

I am puzzled by that comment. I am 6'4" and have driven both the coupe and the roadster. I did not notice any difference in the legroom. Even Nissan's specs show the same legroom (and I might add one MORE inch of headroom in the Roadster). Are you sure about your legroom?

Enjoy your ride!
Depend on the seat back angle. The roadster looses a little clearance behind the seat back. (meaning you can not recline as far) The cross brace / roll bar assembly is behind the seats.

So, if you recline the seat significantly you would lose some leg room sooner in the roadster.

I ordered my Roadster after driving the coupe. When they got the first roadster locally I went in sat in it. Since I am tall (6'2") I like to recline the seat back and slide it back. In the roadster I have a little less room. But there is still enough room that I did not cancel my order. (wheeew)