Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

New ROADSTER delivery - What to do !?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 11:34 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question New ROADSTER delivery - What to do !?!?

Ok, I have a new estimated arrival date of October 20th for my Roadster

What special instructions should I be giving the dealer. So far I have these on my list:

1) No dealership stickers, decals or emblems

2) No paint, fabric, or anything else protector. No add ons.

3) Do NOT drill the front bumper for a license plate.

4) Call me and let me know when it is arriving. I will pick it up that day!

5) No test drives.

What am I missing?
Old 10-07-2003, 11:59 AM
grayfox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Courtesy Parts has a few listed on their site you might wanna add...just a thought. =)

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z/delivery.html
Old 10-07-2003, 01:29 PM
aham23

Dont let them detail it. Most Dealerships are notorious for letting some hack detail there cars which leads to swirls and other goodies. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:52 PM
MadMax76

Instead of saying no test drives say that you will not accept the delivery if the car will have more than 5 miles on it.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:51 PM
jaa1755

All of the above, and... My salesman told me that a pre-delivery inspection is mandatory (to make sure everything is working), and this inspection includes a short test drive. I'm going on this test drive, and it's in writing.

It's pretty ****, but it's my money.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:33 PM
RedHerring

DON'T LET THE DEALER DETAIL IT!

Don't let them take off the white plastic shipping protection. Take it off yourself and clean the lines left over with lighter fluid or tar/bug remover and a 100% cotton towel made in the USA.

I buy fluffy USA cotton towels at target/walmart/kmart and cut them up into 3 inch squares as needed. Wash the towels before you use them and use fabric softener and dry in drier. This is actually incredibly cost effective compared to buying dedicated cotton detailing towels.

My car has NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH on it. No swirl, no haze, the paint is perfect, but only because I did the detailing. Wash the car with a boars hair brush ( www.griots.com ) and zaino wash ( www.zainobros.com ). Twice. Then blow water off with leaf blower ( 215 + MPH ). Then zaino (2) the car a square foot at a time looking very carefully for the adhesive lines from the white shipping plastic. Remove the adhesive lines as you go with before mentioned bug/tar remover/lighterfluid with light strokes. Let the chemical do the work- do not scrub. The car will glow and will be perfect. It is worth the effort, believe me. Never touch the car with anything but the boars hair brush and cotton towels.

No I do not have OCD.

Love your car; just don't MAKE love to it. At least don't let anyone SEE you make love to your car. Unless they pay.

Last edited by RedHerring; 10-07-2003 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:09 PM
350zroadster

As I had mentioned in the past, I wanted to send you a list of requests concerning the delivery of my car. Since we are inside of a month for delivery, I thought now would be a good time.

I have purchased numerous new cars and have made these same requests and I have never had any problems with any other dealer. I trust that the same will hold with Star Nissan.

While I assume your dealership does not make it common practice, I would like to ensure my 350z is not tested inappropriately or in any manner that may damage the car or is not within accordance with the "break in" procedure recommended by Nissan and their service manual. I plan on following Nissan's recommendation of keeping the RPM's under 4000 at all times within the first 1200 miles of driving. I request that this be CLOSELY adhered to during your PDI. I ask that the vehicle absolutely not be "redlined" at any time.

I assume that a FULL tank of gas is part of the PDI process. Nissan has recommended 93 octane fuel for this car and I would ask that ONLY 93 octane be used. If this is not possible then I will waive this free tank of gas and ask that you put in just enough to get me to a nearby gas station so I can do so myself.

Please DO NOT allow anyone other than you or your service manager to drive my car. I ask that no other sales persons drive the car. If the car is available before I get there, I ask that it be placed in a safe and secure area and that it NOT be used as a "show car". I also ask that it be kept locked.

Please DO NOT allow any type of orbital buffer or power waxing equipment to touch the finish of my car. A careful hand wash will be fine if done by your best detailers. Please DO NOT apply any wax to the paint as I plan on using a special polishing system on the car.

Please DO NOT affix ANY type of dealer badging/advertising (plates, stickers, plate holders/covers) to the car. This car is going to attract a great deal of attention and many people will ask me where I purchased it. You can trust that I will be sure to tell them all about Star Nissan!

***Please DO NOT drill holes for or attach any type of front license plate bracket!***

I would like the original window sticker intact. You may remove it but please leave it intact and in the car.

I ask that no additional dealer installed paint sealants, fabric guards or dash protectants etc. be applied to the inside of car.

I expect that the odometer will reflect the fact that the car was not driven any more than absolutely necessary. I think 10-15 miles is more than sufficient for assembly line, loading and unloading, and PDI.

***Please send back an e-mail as confirmation of this list as well as any potential problems you might see in fulfilling these requests. I would also like a copy of your routine PDI procedure.***

Thank you for your attention to this list. I realize that it may seem "nitpicky" but I have always prided myself on the care I have given to each and every car I have purchased. This car, however, is even more special than most and I would appreciate your help with these requests.

Thanks again