Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

2004 Roadster 350z. Traction and SLIP lights came on at same time and lost all power.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM
GunslingerG34

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Your TCS system kicks in when it detects an abnormal speed difference between the rear wheels. (Assuming the tire is slipping.) This is common when you have the wrong diameter tire. (Or you have a really wide tire in back.) It usually happens when you're going around corners. It is designed to cut the throttle to slow the car down and regain traction. There is a switch on the left of the steering wheel. Hit it to disengage the system. You have to do this every time you start the car. No way around it unless you go back to proper sized tires.
THIS^^^

You have 20" wheels? There is your problem! I drive an '04 ZR with 19" wheels and I encountered the exact same issue. Just get in the habit of turning the TCS system OFF each time when you start it and you shouldn't have anymore problems with it. As to the check engine light, mine did the same thing. Just drive it a couple of days and the light should turn itself out (at least mine did after 2 or 3 days). If it doesn't, then take it in and let someone run a diagnostic scan on it (but I doubt that will be neccessary).
Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
dexrod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too can not stand that TCS. Right now I have 265/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rear.
I am thinking going 275/35/18 front and 275/40/18 rear next time. Does anyone know if the TCS still acts up with this set up?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 AM
shakyj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call the corporation get a claim number.

If you go to:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/

You will see all the "service bulletins" on any Nissan car. it's over 300 owners here with the same problem.

I think if people start calling the Corporation to get a case number. This will open their eyes to our problem. Maybe, we can start getting some recalls.

So, please owners just call and get a case number started.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 PM
GunslingerG34

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shakyj
Call the corporation get a claim number.

If you go to:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/

You will see all the "service bulletins" on any Nissan car. it's over 300 owners here with the same problem.

I think if people start calling the Corporation to get a case number. This will open their eyes to our problem. Maybe, we can start getting some recalls.

So, please owners just call and get a case number started.
Why on earth would Nissan issue ANY sort of recall over this??? There is absolutely NOTHING operating improperly!!! The problem is folks (like me!) putting over-sized wheels on the car, which freaks out the sensors/computer when you give it a bit much gas going into or through a corner. The TCS is doing exactly what it is supposed to do (if it had factory-sized wheels on it). Nissan won't, and shouldn't, have ANY responsibility for problems arising from aftermarket mods (like bigger wheels). If you want 19 and 20 inch wheels, that's just the price you have to pay. Just develop the habit of turning off the TCS everytime you get in and you won't have any more issues with it!!!!