Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

2004 Roadster 350z. Traction and SLIP lights came on at same time and lost all power.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
JuanSilva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Roadster 350z. Traction and SLIP lights came on at same time and lost all power.

Both SLIP lights and Traction Control light came on at the sametime. I lost power to my car to where I had no accelaration. and now my Check Engine light is on. Any ideas? I am going to go get it checked but just want to have an idea of what the possibilities could be.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:17 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by JuanSilva
Both SLIP lights and Traction Control light came on at the sametime. I lost power to my car to where I had no accelaration. and now my Check Engine light is on. Any ideas? I am going to go get it checked but just want to have an idea of what the possibilities could be.
Mods would help? Bad MAF sensor, CAI? Did you open the hood? Was the top down? Was Pamela Anderson driving by naked?

Last edited by zand02max; 09-19-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:24 PM
JuanSilva

Yah hood was down and everything. I looked it over to see if anything noticeable was out of place but nothing looked abnormal. I just got the car a few months ago no mods that i know of except exhaust and wheels as of now. I just lost all acceleration and I turned the car off and then back on and I could go just fine except the check engine light was on.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:26 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Yah hood was down and everything. I looked it over to see if anything noticeable was out of place but nothing looked abnormal. I just got the car a few months ago no mods that i know of except exhaust and wheels as of now. I just lost all acceleration and I turned the car off and then back on and I could go just fine except the check engine light was on.
open your hood and check your intake box and maf sensor!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:06 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What size tires did you put on the front and rear?
Old 09-19-2009, 09:08 PM
JuanSilva

245/20in DC rims
Old 09-19-2009, 09:14 PM
davidv

245/20in DC rims
Same size tires all around? Do you have VDC?
Old 09-19-2009, 09:20 PM
JuanSilva

yah i believe so. its an 04 roadster so i would think it did. what happened was i was driving and I lost all power as i was driving and then both my TCS and SLIP lights came on and stayed on. So i Shut the car off and when I turned it back on everything was drivable and the lights went out but then my check engine came one and is on now. but I could accelerate just fine and everything. Like it had a glitch or something. and yah my tires are the same all around.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:08 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by davidv
Same size tires all around? Do you have VDC?
I know you know this dave but the roadsters don't have VDC other than the GT!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:48 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by zand02max
I know you know this dave but the roadsters don't have VDC other than the GT!
I knew it at one time but then I forgot it.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:53 PM
kajuraelai

check battery connection, check make sure you maf sensor isnt loose... check all connections with everything.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Phreakdout

Your TCS system kicks in when it detects an abnormal speed difference between the rear wheels. (Assuming the tire is slipping.) This is common when you have the wrong diameter tire. (Or you have a really wide tire in back.) It usually happens when you're going around corners. It is designed to cut the throttle to slow the car down and regain traction. There is a switch on the left of the steering wheel. Hit it to disengage the system. You have to do this every time you start the car. No way around it unless you go back to proper sized tires.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 AM
JuanSilva

That would cause my Check Engine light to come on and stay on after? It was going around a corner and I did hit the throttle pretty hard going around it. But it cut my throttle drastically to the point I literally had no accelleration at all. Now everything is fine ecept the check engine light is on. Im going to take it in today but I was just inquiring so i can better understand these cars. this is my first Z so I am new to them and how they work. Thanks though, you pretty much hit it right on i think.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 AM
na_350z

My SLIP and TCS light turns on too but it's because of my tire sizes. I have 255/35/19 up front and 275/30/19's in the rear. It happens when I go into a hard turn or hard bump but I just drive with the TCS off and like Phreakdout mentioned that solved my prob. As for the Check Engine that's never happened so it might be your MAF but I don't know if that would cause ur Slip and TCS to go off unless it happened all at once type of deal. Let us know what happened?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
JuanSilva

Yah i took it to the mechanic and they scanned it and it ended up being the throttle sensor. I looked it up and the symptoms of a throttle sensor acting up is exactly or close to what i was experiencing (lost of throttle/power, TCS and SLIP light on, and check engine light came on as well. It think it just was a slip and nothing went bad and I am driving just fine now, but I am going to replace the throttle sensor anyways just to be safe.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:05 AM
F34RL355
Banned

similar thing happend to me it was the mass air flow sensor (750$) they wanted luckily warranty covered it all
Old 10-26-2009, 07:06 PM
JuanSilva

Yah i took it to the Mech and explained what the car was doing and they checked the code and checked the throttle sensor and everything was fine. They said it was just a glitch in my CPU because sense they reset the code and light it hasnt acted up. The only thing now is my side airbags keep malfunctioning. When i took it in to have the Engine light reset it was reset as well, and they told me it was my side airbags and it came right back on the same day i took it from the shop.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Blooster

The only thing now is my side airbags keep malfunctioning. When i took it in to have the Engine light reset it was reset as well, and they told me it was my side airbags and it came right back on the same day i took it from the shop.
Funny you should mention that - my driver's seat side airbag is now being replaced by Nissan for the 4th time.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:33 AM
JuanSilva

seriously. wtf? what was the time period in between replacements? did they keep charging you everytime?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:21 PM
manetta

Hi! i have 2004 350z. i turned the car on in the parking lot and the same happened what i just read from you guys. TCS light/ slip/ check engine light is on, car doesnt accelerate, hard to steer. turned off, freaking out, called tow truck. Turned it back on and off a couple times, but i didnt wait much in between, same result. After letting it sit for 30 min, turned it back on and only check engine light on, i did not drive it again, steering appeared fine in standing. I was to afraid to drive it so i dont know if it would drive or not. When the tow truck driver turned on to look at it, it was a kind of rotten egg smell coming from the exuast so he said he think it could be the catalystic converter. it wasnt very strong or nothing. i also have my airbag light on simce august when it was replaced a month before that.....any suggestions???? Thanks

Quick Reply: 2004 Roadster 350z. Traction and SLIP lights came on at same time and lost all power.