Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

The passenger seat doesn't fold forward when putting top down.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
mr2blackna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The passenger seat doesn't fold forward when putting top down.

When I test drove an 08 roadster the passenger seat would fold forward when you put the top down but my 07 roadster doesn't do that is this normal? BTW i have a couple of small tears (1/3") any compound to fix that?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Blooster

There's a switch that lets you disable the automatic passenger seat motion.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

The cancel switch Blooster mentioned is on the back of the passenger seat. Leave it in the cancel mode, as without that extra step your top will deploy up or down quicker. The automatic seat tilt is a bogus operation, meant only to alert a dozing passenger to the fact that the top is about to be opened or closed.

The best material to repair a small rip in your top is ‘Sail Repair Tape’ available at marine suppliers. It provides a smooth, thin, super flexible repair. People who sail around the world carry this to make effective semi-permanent repairs that stand up to Gail force winds etc. It comes in many colors and sizes in Kevlar, Polyamide, Myler and Rip Stop Nylon all with self–adhesive backing.

Depending where the rip is, you can use one type of product on the inside and another on the outside to make an inconspicuous weatherproof and UV resistance repair. My old sports car’s top was completely held together by this stuff and it was the strongest part of the whole car. Get an expert to help pick the right product, as it must be able to fold neatly with the top.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Blooster

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
Leave it in the cancel mode, as without that extra step your top will deploy up or down quicker. The automatic seat tilt is a bogus operation, meant only to alert a dozing passenger to the fact that the top is about to be opened or closed.
Did that today, after 7 years of ownership. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner