350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Brake warning light

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM
doorpro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake warning light

Hello all,

the brake warning light on the dash of my wifes '06 Roadster came on about a month ago so i immediately checked the fluid and it was good so the reservior/sensor wasn't the issue.
I then checked the front pads and they were quite low so i changed them which made the light go out for about a week.
I then checked the rear pads and they also needed changing and when i did that the light went out for about a week yet again.
Now i know that there must be a simple answer but it alludes me and i need help.
The fluid is at the correct level and all the pads are new so is there a reset procedure or some other sensor that i dont know about?
As usual any help will be gratefully appreciated.

regards,
Doug.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Doug, the brake warring light on my Roadster does double duty. It will indicate a low master fluid level (as you have investigated) and it also notifies when the hand brake is applied. It could be that you need to adjust the hand brake so that it closes the electrical switch in a more positive manor when you release the brake.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
doorpro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oops

Hi Jennifer2,

I am sorry that i omitted telling everyone that i disconnected the handbrake switch because i thought that it might be an issue, so i am sorry but do appreciate your help.

regards,
Doug.