Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Can't Find Dashboard kit Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Captain350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Find Dashboard kit Help!!

Hello All I am looking for a carbon fiber dashboard kit for my 06 Automatic with Nav dashboard kit, I have checked with the venders in this forum and also checked the market place here. I have not seen any Dashboard kits. I have checked online and nothing seems to be an exact fit. I also went to the local "tuner store" they called their vender in Canada and they only make them up to 05. According to the Vender the 05 fits the 06. not willing to trust that info. Does anyone have a good supplier or could point me in the right direction? any help would be.. a pre she ate id..
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Captain350Z

I Found what I was looking for and I order a Black Carbon fiber kit. Nothing like (Google) or what my friend calls Goggle.. anyway if anyone is looking for a dash kit I found my here.. CARiD.com I'm not trying to promote this web site just trying to assist anyone looking for a kit..
Old 08-03-2013, 10:26 AM
britalia

Thanks for the heads up captain. I too own an '06 and I think we can both agree that the interior quality is epicly crap. Have you received the order and how is the quality/fitment? If good I shall do the same.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:02 PM
bobbyz350

Also interested price and fitment... its the only part of my car i haven't worked on yet!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:06 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Don't do this.

https://my350z.com/forum/members/jci...0&ref=gnr-prev

Last edited by dcains; 08-03-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Captain350Z

The Kit is supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, We shall see what we get.. I was very surprised to see the paint on some of my interior not flaking off but very easily rubbed off, like on the plastic around the inside door latch and some of the dashboard gages.. also around the door pull handles... I want to say I paid $189 for this kit it was like 30% more for the carbon fiber...
Old 08-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Captain350Z

Originally Posted by dcains
I don't think I will go that over the top.. Thanks for the Heads up...
Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 PM
dcains

There are several threads about refinishing the dash and door trim, either to look original, or with vinyl or carbon fiber wrapping. Anything will look better than those stickers you bought. Here's one thread, for example:

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...by-guages.html
Old 08-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Captain350Z

^ Thanks For the Advice ^ I really don't Expect "stickers". I searched the 'Search" box for Dashboard kits and came up empty, It would have been nice to find this thread earlier.. I will evaluate what comes in the mail and make my decision on my next course of action..

Last edited by Captain350Z; 08-03-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:15 PM
dcains

They're indeed stickers. They have a CF pattern covered by quite a thick layer of clear vinyl, not quite 1/8" thick, with beveled edges. A buddy of mine bought the same kit from CARiD for his Volvo S60, and it was horrid.

I agree the interior quality of the later Z's just sucks and is very fragile, and while 3M vinyl wrapping is perhaps the most popular option, I chose to have my parts "hydrodipped". See this thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...iber-kits.html

The parts are still not installed, though, as I just received them back, and there are some quality control issues on some of the pieces.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Captain350Z

^ I did this process with my first Z ^ I did a Yellow carbon fiber pattern on the Engine cover and others under the hood including wiper fluid ect to match my yellow Z.. It did come out very nice it was a lil bit pricey but I think it was worth it I might still have some pix somewhere.. I will check.. This is also a good Option.. I did have to send the parts off, and they were gone for almost a month not sure I want to leave my cockpit open that long as the Z is used everyday for Transport..
Old 08-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Captain350Z

Originally Posted by dcains
There are several threads about refinishing the dash and door trim, either to look original, or with vinyl or carbon fiber wrapping. Anything will look better than those stickers you bought. Here's one thread, for example:

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...by-guages.html
This particular thread isn't as helpful to me as it first appeared when it comes to disassembling the dashboard. I have a Automatic Transmission and Navigation system. This Thread hoists a Standard shift and a Cubbie. But the Paint info was helpful.....
Old 08-04-2013, 06:05 PM
britalia

Dcains may be right that the kit looks bad, but on the other hand I am betting that he does not own a '06 Z. I mean, you can have the wife sitting in the passenger seat with all her jewelry and within a week the interior looks like you tried to strangle a cat. In comparison, how bad can this alternative be? I will wait for captains decision before moving on.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:02 PM
dcains

I have an '08, in fact, and its interior finish is scarred just like everyone else's, despite all the care I've taken. As I mentioned, I'm in the process of getting all the rubberized pieces "hydrodipped". Just finished getting the doors back together today (the door pulls and A/C vents) while the waterfall, cubby door, and shifter surround should be installed in the next week or two. Seems like the best looking and most durable way to go, with a cost of ~$350 or so. Much of the interior trim in my wife's Acura TL-S has this sort of "faux" CF look, and in the Z it looks very original, and updated from the sh!tty factory finish. Stickers and vinyl wrap will just never have that sort of OEM appearance, but to each his own.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Captain350Z

I am stuck offshore. My Crew Change is late.. I haven't had a chance to view my package.. once I get home I'll give an update.. Hopefully it won't be to long (I'm Ready to get off this Ship and Go Home)... I also Miss my Harley..
Old 08-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Captain350Z

I Got to Look at the Kit today.. I must say it looks pretty good. I think I'm going to give it a try,, any thing is an improvement. I am going to have them professionally installed. That will take me at least 3 weeks, ( very Busy man) I'll keep you all updated and post pix...
Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 PM
dcains

Here are some pics of the hydrodipped pieces I've installed so far (looks a little bright in the sunlight):

Close-up of the pattern, which is the most detailed CF film I've seen:

A/C vent, showing how the film can flow around just about any shape:

The film was sourced from this place, and it's called True Weave Silver:

http://www.shawnaughtydesignz.com/

If you don't have a local hydrodipping shop you can visit, I'd highly recommend this company, and you can ship your parts to them. This CF film is in fact their own creation. I had my interior pieces done by JM Auto Racing, a sponsor of this site, which turned out to be a bad experience. While the door handles and a/c vents came back OK (I had to wet-sand and polish them myself), the watefall, cubby door, and shifter surround were returned in horrible, unusable condition (they're being redone by another shop).
Old 08-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Captain350Z

^...They Look Pretty Good...^

I'm a little behind putting my kit together, I have been trying to move stuff from Pa to Fl This last week and now it's time to go back to work... I'll keep you posted..
Old 09-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Captain350Z

Ok Here is a Look at the Kit. Going to get Started Today. Also a Before Picture

Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Good luck getting the old aluminum kit you have on there already, those things stick like a *****. Just gonna take you a little extra elbow grease to remove it.

Quick Reply: Can't Find Dashboard kit Help!!