Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

P0327 After Replacing Knock Sensor and Harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 05:58 AM
DumbJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0327 After Replacing Knock Sensor and Harness

I took apart the engine cover and replaced both the knock sensor and wiring harness, but the light is still on and resetting the code didn’t fix the problem. My issues started with a misfire, so I replaced all 6 spark plugs, which didn’t fix the problem. Then I replaced a broken coil, which did fix the problem, but shortly afterward I got code P0327 and the car won’t accelerate quickly and refuses to go over 60mph unless I’m going downhill. Could it maybe be the cable that connects to the knock sensor harness? Could it be another one of the 5 coil packs I didn’t replace?
Old 08-05-2023, 08:15 AM
SavZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same here

Originally Posted by DumbJoe
I took apart the engine cover and replaced both the knock sensor and wiring harness, but the light is still on and resetting the code didn’t fix the problem. My issues started with a misfire, so I replaced all 6 spark plugs, which didn’t fix the problem. Then I replaced a broken coil, which did fix the problem, but shortly afterward I got code P0327 and the car won’t accelerate quickly and refuses to go over 60mph unless I’m going downhill. Could it maybe be the cable that connects to the knock sensor harness? Could it be another one of the 5 coil packs I didn’t replace?
Hey Joe, long time lurker but posting because I can't seem to find any information either. I seem to have the exact same issue, only code was p0327.

Replaced with OEM knock sensor, steel braided knock sensor harness (the rodent-proof Amazon harness), and while the plenum is out I replaced my valve covers, cam/crank position sensors, and ignition coils to fix a misfire which I presume is a separate issue.

Afterwards car runs amazing, p0000 no code after ECU reset and some hard driving and I assumed all was good. However a couple days later and a few more miles I checked for codes again and p0327 is back.

I am honestly stumped and don't know how to approach this. Car seems to have plenty of power, revs freely to redline, but the code is still there. Hoping to provide as much context as possible to see if someone else has had the same issue and if you had resolved it.

Cheers.
The following users liked this post:
DumbJoe (08-06-2023)