Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Alarm Systems for Roadsters

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Ghostlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Systems for Roadsters

Has anyone replaced or upgraded the alarm system for the roadster. I hear that Viper has a nice set up made for convertibles for when the top is left down.

Let me know of any upgrades or ideas you guys may have to help insure the secruity of my new roadster. I live in socal so any ideas on good alarm shops in the area would be greatly appreciated as well.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:59 PM
006Roadster

I have a Viper Security system with Proximity add on. The way it works is that you have two magnetic fields that you can set yourself, they are a pain to get right but once you do it works well. The interior zone is for when you leave your top down or god forbid someone cuts you top. I'll go off if you reach inside. The outside zone is a soft chirp warning. Depends how you set it when someone approaches your car it chirps to let them know the alarm is on. It stops people from coming too close to your car to check it out, something that is all too common with a Z Roadster. My opinion the proximity sensor is benefit and a nuisance. If you have it improperly set it'll chip at anything walking by, in my case it was even chirping at the elevator since I parked by the elevator shaft. But the other day I parked my car in a sports complex for a few hours when I came out some **** head kid keyed a bunch of cars in the area but left mine alone. I could be that he felt the car was too nice to key or he walked up the car chirped and he figured to leave it alone. I think it's the latter. By the way a good shop will integrate your stock alarm with your after market. This way you have your hood and trunk armed. The best part is that if they open the door the Viper alarm goes off and so does the stock horn. So now they can;t just cut your siren and be done, you still have the horn going off!

Last edited by 006Roadster; 04-01-2004 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Paul_BB_Guy

How do you think this compares to a Compustar? Is the Viper a 2-way?