Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Roadster Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 08:32 PM
GangstaOnwheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadster Seats

Im dont own one but i love them. Im 23 so im kinda scared to go up to the dealer knowing that im not going to buy it now but i wanted to know, how far do your seats lean back. Im one of them young kids with the seat lean back far and now it kinda gets on my nerves when the seat is str8 up. So a little info would be cool.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:02 PM
omen68x

There's not much room to lean back unless you got short legs. I find that everyone who sits in my passenger seat tries to put the seat back but hit the roll bar instead.

I'm 28 now and I grew out of that whole "sleeping while driving" look a few years back. If you're not getting a ZR yet, you'll probably have grown out of it by the time you do.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:01 PM
GangstaOnwheels

About how tall are you im 6', 6'1" about you think i should just go with the coupe rather than the ZR. Its gonna be about a year before i can get enuff saved up for a good downpayment. I will be going from a 2000 Honda Accord to a Z a big step for m so i want it to be perfect hahaha.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:14 AM
dpeters

The ZR actually has more headroom than the Coupe. (by about 1 1/2 inches).... I believe the ZR has more "cabin" space as well.

.... info gathered at www.nissanusa.com
Old 09-10-2004, 09:11 AM
m500

If you want to lean back on your seat then you'll have to look to 4 seater roaster or convertibles. I don't recall any 2 seater will allow you to lean back. So, I guess a G couple will be more suitable to the way you seated.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:33 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 6'2"

I am 6'2" and I wish the seat reclined a little further back. If you like leaning way back then this is not the car for you.

The roll bar keeps the seat more upright than in the coupe since the roll bar is in front of the panels found in the coupe.

It is a little annoying, but I am mostly used to it now. It's worth it for all the beautifull-weather-top-down days I have already enjoyed.

There is nothing better than cruising with the top down in nice weather. I particularly like warm night cruising. You get to see all around you and you really get a feel for the speed you are going.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:18 PM
GangstaOnwheels

Yea thats the main reason i want the ZR i would buy the coupe if it came with a sun roof or something.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:34 PM
omen68x

Originally posted by GangstaOnwheels
About how tall are you im 6', 6'1" about you think i should just go with the coupe rather than the ZR. Its gonna be about a year before i can get enuff saved up for a good downpayment. I will be going from a 2000 Honda Accord to a Z a big step for m so i want it to be perfect hahaha.
I'm 5'8" and I also moved from an Accord; in my case, a 1998 sedan.

I just met another Z owner yesterday who said that his 1st choice was the roadster but went with the coupe instead because he felt there wasn't enough room. I think your best bet would be to sit in one and see if you'll be able to adjust to it. I agree with AndyB 100%. There's nothing better than cruising with the top down. I'll always own a roadster from now on.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
elyliu

you should look at G35 then... it has sunroof and you can recline more.

I've moved from an accord as well. Also sat reclined in my accord too.

I like the new sitting straight up position now. Also helps that I am 5'9" and have a manual in my car, so I can't really move my seat all the way back (or else I can't push the clutch all the way down). This way I have a bit more reclining room.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:00 AM
KingofScion

GanstaOnwheels,

Don't be affraid go to a dealer and not buy on the first day. A good sale person will show you the product and make you WANT to buy the CAR ASAP and a good sales person will ask for your business today but you wouldn't the first person who decide to look at something and need to GO HOME decide if this is the right car for them.

Omer.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:18 PM
shopdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 6'2"

Originally posted by AndyB
I am 6'2" and I wish the seat reclined a little further back. If you like leaning way back then this is not the car for you.

The roll bar keeps the seat more upright than in the coupe since the roll bar is in front of the panels found in the coupe.

It is a little annoying, but I am mostly used to it now. It's worth it for all the beautifull-weather-top-down days I have already enjoyed.

There is nothing better than cruising with the top down in nice weather. I particularly like warm night cruising. You get to see all around you and you really get a feel for the speed you are going.
I just posted about this in another thread. You *can* remove the rollbar covers and gain nearly another 1.5 inches. The covers are very bulky. To avoid the appearance of naked steel tubes, you can cover them with a thin wrap of sponge tape. Gives it that racer look without eating up as much room.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:18 AM
tractionZ

Originally posted by GangstaOnwheels
Yea thats the main reason i want the ZR i would buy the coupe if it came with a sun roof or something.
6'3" with long legs and I've got the seat fully back with the normal amount of lean. I still have a couple of inches of room to move the seat forward and lean more but then you sort of can't see out of the car with the top up if it's raining (when you damn sure want to see). With the top down it doesn't matter.

But lets be honest here. The Z will still look good no matter how you drive it. That's why Nissan has a 7 billion $ cash surplus this year.... and thousands of happy Z drivers.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:07 AM
SeanG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6'3" long legs.

I find I have plenty of room. I wouldn't mind a telescopic steering wheel. If you are under 6'5" you should be fine. Tall people only seem to have an issue, if they are also 250 pounds or more with large beer guts. They may need more recline room.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:50 PM
PharCyde

I'm 6'6" 260 and have plenty of headroom in my ZR with the top up, even with the seat straight up, though I keep it as far back as I can get it without it touching the back panel.

I believe the ZR fit is as comfortable as someone who is 6'6" and in a sports car is going to get I love it though, awesome machine.

The coupe has less head room but more storage space and the ZR has more headroom and less storage space.